2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DerozansSpurs wrote: View Post
    For me, the untouchable players would be Kyle/Kawhi/Pascal/Danny.

Careful with throwing the kitchen sink at the Wizards. I like adding Bradley Beal for his scoring and shooting abilities, but he's still a one-time All-Star and isn't good defensively. He's a good player with shot creation ability, but not a difference maker on the level of someone like Kyrie Irving or Damian Lillard or Jimmy Butler.
    can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
    Raptors are usually so tight-lipped about things that the amount of detail released here is interesting. I think they did that on purpose to show how high the price for Beal is to scare away other suitors. I doubt Masai backs away from any talks
    They want the wiz to come back to the table

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
      Kawhi pascal and green are the only players can’t be traded
      Why Green? Is it because he has chemistry with Kawhi? Or is it because he's having a good season from an analytical point of view? I mean he's still just a role player. Might get you 6 points and some solid defense. But he's also been struggling lately too.

If the target is Beal I don't include Green.. but would have if Butler was coming here. To me the only untouchables are Kawhi and Kyle (this season).

I'd consider Pascal but only under very specific situations. Like if Anthony Davis or Kevin Durant were coming here lol

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
        If I say Lowry for Conley you not jumping on that deal? Lowry can go
        Nah.. Conley is even more unreliable than Lowry is. Plus he has a way worse contract.

Comment

Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
          What about OG, Delon(unless we can give FVV), contract fillers & a 1st & 2nd rdr?
          The problem is that the "contract fillers" end up having to be either one of JV or Serge, or both of Norm and CJ. Those are the numbers that make it work, and then we're shipping out three or four guys and the Wiz have to find room for bodies. Plus all the picks the Wiz (correctly) deem Beal to be worth, because he's got the only movable contract on the team.

I honestly don't think Beal is doable given the current numbers and the Raptors' needs. Either we sacrifice almost all of our size (and we already don't have enough, and you know that because Greg Monroe is getting serious minutes these days) or we somehow manage to make our bench demonstrably worse to make our starting unit better, and our starting unit is already rock solid - I don't see much of an argument for upgrading over Danny, honestly. Unless Masai can pull off a trade that makes the Carmelo trade look simple in comparison, I don't see how we get Beal without sacrificing too much of the team to make it worthwhile.

We need quality bench guys who can shoot the three and make plays more than we need to upgrade the starters further. This is why I like the Jeremy Lin idea. CJ + Delon or Norm + Malachi make it work, probably add a second rounder to give it some juice. Lin is shooting the three at nearly 38% and he's an excellent playmaker. Defense isn't great, but he makes up for it on the other end, which is what we need right now. Plus we could probably manage to snag Vince Carter in the deal, and I'm not saying that because OMG VINCE but because Carter can also make plays, shoot the three and play passable defense while providing veteran presence on what will be his last, best chance to get a ring.

Comment

Comment

Saw terrence ross listed as a rental guy on the block as a pending ufa..any interest in kicking tires there? Hes had a great season in Orlando, shooting 39% from 3 on 6 attempts a game, we could definitely find room for him on the bench just for this playoff drive
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Saw terrence ross listed as a rental guy on the block as a pending ufa..any interest in kicking tires there? Hes had a great season in Orlando, shooting 39% from 3 on 6 attempts a game, we could definitely find room for him on the bench just for this playoff drive
                CJ + FVV for T-Ross + DJ Augustin works.

Who says no? Them, probably.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Nah.. Conley is even more unreliable than Lowry is. Plus he has a way worse contract.
                  And lots of injuries.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    I like the signing alot, tons of potential here for the future and should help keep cj on the bench for this year.

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
                      I like the signing alot, tons of potential here for the future and should help keep cj on the bench for this year.
                      Opps lol thought this was the woj post about us signing pat.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        I distinctly remember him shitting the bed in each of the playoffs he played with the Raptors. I'd pass.

Comment

Ball wrote: View Post
                          I distinctly remember him shitting the bed in each of the playoffs he played with the Raptors. I'd pass.
                          TRoss is not consistent. I still think if we are not making a major move then Ellington is the situational shooter you want to target.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            TRoss is not consistent. I still think if we are not making a major move then Ellington is the situational shooter you want to target.
                            I kind of cringe at quick summaries like that. "Not consistent" is thrown as much as "clutch/big game player" or "intense/will to win" type of platitudes. Usually they should all be filed under the "eye test" scouting reports.

3 point shooters by and large are all streaky. That's just the nature of the beast. Hitters are streaky in baseball. Scorers are streaky in hockey. Is one player consistently more streaky than another? Perhaps...perhaps not
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              CJ + FVV for T-Ross + DJ Augustin works.

Who says no? Them, probably.
                              No.... Nothing changed from yesterday.

Miles for Ross they say no.
                              FVV for DJ we say no.

Even FVV for Ross I still think no from Raps side.

Lots of no’s
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

From Zach Harper piece at the Athletic on the Top 5 P'n'R creators this year:

5. Terrence Ross, Orlando Magic — 109.7 points per 100 PnR possessions (154 poss.)
                                What he’s doing: Terrence Ross is probably having the best season of a still pretty young career. The problem is the Orlando Magic becoming pumpkins at the stroke of December midnight has made it difficult to pay attention to anything happening in Central Florida. However, Ross has been pretty phenomenal as a scoring option on a team that is devoid of good scoring. In fact, Ross has been so trustworthy on that team that they often go to him for clutch scoring opportunities over Nikola Vucevic and Evan Fournier. Or at least, they do it enough that you could call him a primary weapon at the end of games. Clifford trusts Ross to get off a good shot.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X