X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• call me crazy, but i actually want VC now ...especialyl since Lin is ehre

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Yeah, slim pickings now. Need another PG in case FVV will take longer to come back then anticipated. Maybe another C for injury-insurance if we think Boucher can't really hang there. So I'd just go Teodosic & Gortat and call it a day.

Comment

• I'd be happy enough with Randolph as another veteran big. He can play, or not, and rebound, in a pinch.

Comment

• Lopez or Gortat would be nice

Comment

• Lopez for the defence. If a guy is coming in it's because you need an extra body against a guy like Cousins. An offence only 7 footer doesn't help with that, neither does Zach Randolph with his mobility assistance device. I guess he would make Ibaka feel young, at least.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Any big they get HAS to be very mobile and defensively aware.
              Any slight chance this team has against a team like Milwaukee will come from an ability to read plays, take away space, and close out on guys shooting from the arc.

Thats hard to find.
              I don't see it on the "buyout" market just yet.

Comment

• Lopez and Gortat are great.. they would never play unless there is an emergency. We can always use Boucher in a pinch too.

But what we are still lacking is 3pt shooting. I'd go after Channing Frye (I don't think he's with a team currently, but could be wrong). If we need an emergency 3 (which is probably more likely than a 3rd big).. Frye can get that for you.

As I'm typing this I realize that Frye is also a C. So win-win. LOL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Lopez and Gortat are great.. they would never play unless there is an emergency. We can always use Boucher in a pinch too.

But what we are still lacking is 3pt shooting. I'd go after Channing Frye (I don't think he's with a team currently, but could be wrong). If we need an emergency 3 (which is probably more likely than a 3rd big).. Frye can get that for you.

As I'm typing this I realize that Frye is also a C. So win-win. LOL
                  Is Frye even available? We should be jumping all over that.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    He's on the Cavs.. he played less than a minute on the 11th. Easily a buy out candidate though.. if we pushed hard enough I bet we could get him.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Absolutely. Frye would fit like a glove. Could shoot the 3, is a veteran with championship experience, would work as an injury-insurance C, and could also play PF. We've got no true PF other than Siakam. OG can play the 4 but he functions much better at the 3 alongside Siakam. Getting another PF-C combo could free up OG to play his natural position (SF), where he does much better. We should get Frye.

Comment

• Frye is a good call. Can he still...move?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Frye is a good call. Can he still...move?
                          Not as much as he used to, but I think that's exactly why he could be available as a waived/bought a player.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            He's on the Cavs.. he played less than a minute on the 11th. Easily a buy out candidate though.. if we pushed hard enough I bet we could get him.
                            Well, yes. That's because he's not very good any more. His rebounding has dropped below replacement player levels and he was never super great on defense, but now he's a sieve. His real plus-minus is awful, even on the Cavs. Sure, he can shoot the three, but so can Steve Novak.

Out of bigs who might get bought out, I think the best remaining option which is at least possible is Taj Gibson. Granted, Minnesota has to decide by March 1 that they're giving up on playoffs, because Taj is still a damn good player. But he's also 33, on a relatively big (14m) deal, and an expiring contract, and Minnesota right now is five games back from the eighth seed in the West and they've got Sacramento (desperate to make the playoffs) and the Lakers (LeBron) both ahead of them. I think it's at least feasible: if Minnesota decides playoffs aren't going to happen, they're a small market team and I'm sure they'll want to save the million or so they'll get out of paying him via a buyout.

Dwight Powell is technically possible, but I'm pretty sure the Mavs want to resign him, seeing as how he's good and relatively young.
                            Last edited by magoon; Sat Feb 16, 2019, 05:03 AM.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                              Well, yes. That's because he's not very good any more. His rebounding has dropped below replacement player levels and he was never super great on defense, but now he's a sieve. His real plus-minus is awful, even on the Cavs. Sure, he can shoot the three, but so can Steve Novak.

Out of bigs who might get bought out, I think the best remaining option which is at least possible is Taj Gibson. Granted, Minnesota has to decide by March 1 that they're giving up on playoffs, because Taj is still a damn good player. But he's also 33, on a relatively big (14m) deal, and an expiring contract, and Minnesota right now is five games back from the eighth seed in the West and they've got Sacramento (desperate to make the playoffs) and the Lakers (LeBron) both ahead of them. I think it's at least feasible: if Minnesota decides playoffs aren't going to happen, they're a small market team and I'm sure they'll want to save the million or so they'll get out of paying him via a buyout.

Dwight Powell is technically possible, but I'm pretty sure the Mavs want to resign him, seeing as how he's good and relatively young.
                              Dwight Powell and Taj Gibson are too good to be waived for nothing (other then saving $). But then again I also thought that about Jeremy Lin...

Comment

• Not a buy out, but remember this guy ? I'm sure Grizz fans remember.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/02/...tar-break.html
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X