2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    What surprises me is that zach lowe recently said we'd be looking to SHAVE salary soon..gasol and Conley make 8 million more combined, are older overall and both have term

I'm thinking behind the scenes the Lowry situation is fairly fractured
    that's my take on things. there was a recent game thread (one of the texas games) where a poster sat next to friends of kyle's who (paraphrasing) were visibly not enthusiastic about kawhi.

this smacks of a desperation move where kyle is being disruptive behind the scenes, or for whatever reason the organization feels he is jeopardizing their shot at retaining kawhi.

i don't think we're in a good spot.

Comment

• Could add Miles to the trade and take back J. Green. Green >>>>> Miles is and is an expiring contract. That would make the trade far more salvageable for me.

Comment

• Lol said all this Lowry shit ages ago and now people are finally waking up. He's disgruntled and he's not that good.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Doesnt matter if it makes sense for Memphis or not tho, the rumor is that the offer came from toronto
          I suppose. If this is true Kyle is either gonna have to be shipped out or who know what will happen in the locker room now that he knows he's being shopped. Especially since its not a clear upgrade like the demar trade. I trust Masai, things must be really bad if he would move lowry right now...
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Doesn’t make any sense to me. I don’t believe that for one second. Maybe Masai made an offer but it’s just due diligence. He knows he needs Kyle.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
              Ya doesnt make sense. Conley and Lowry are a wash JV is a beast compared to present day Gasol
              JV is not a beast compared to present day Gasol because he can't:

A.) Defend anything except one on one post ups
              B.) Pass at anywhere near the level Gasol can
              C.) Attack defenders off the dribble on closeouts

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

I'll just say it. This is what a stupid person would say. Your All-Star is 34 years old, there's no logic in your comments. Just look up his stats.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...gasolma01.html

Be smarter than that, please.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

What do you expect? there's a lot of JV fanboys here. Just like there's a lot Kyle "is better than Kyrie"Lowry fanboys.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Gasol can’t do any of those things effectively any more. His contract doesn’t fit the timeline, and he’s seriously injury prone now. If anything I can understand the Conley vs Lowry comparison but I see the risk outweighing the reward. Kyle is still really good, he just can’t really score very well anymore.

Comment

• Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Grange to the Rescue!

Clearly trying to set a table for the market.

We don't leak,

Comment

• And I still think Lowry is the early backer waiting for his share to vest.

Comment

• Full details from Fischer:

Perhaps of greatest intrigue, the Toronto Raptors have called Memphis offering Jonas Valanciunas and Kyle Lowry for both of Conley and Gasol, league sources told Sports Illustrated. Memphis, sources said, would prefer to receive younger players such as OG Anunoby or draft assets in any exchange with Toronto that would send Conley north. The Grizzlies of course rejected Toronto’s initial offer.

Lowry has been made aware of Toronto’s negotiations involving him, according to once source close to the All-Star point guard.
                            https://www.si.com/nba/2019/02/05/nb...zzlies-raptors

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                              Grange to the Rescue!

Clearly trying to set a table for the market.

We don't leak,
                              We don't leak, but Memphis does, and I'm guessing Grange is being used for spin. Why would Memphis call us asking for Kyle and JV? They are being offered Rubio and an actual pick from Utah.

Comment

• Yea I’m calling BS on that report. Came from Memphis office in my view.

Comment

Working...
                                X