The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Agreed. Really like Letos joker. Hope he gets another crack at it.

But Phoenix as Joker is also super intriguing. Unlike Leto who had to go to great lengths to get himself in a “dark place”, for some reason I’m pretty sure Joaquin lives in that place year round. Lol
    hair-lip

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      Anyone hear of the new Netflix series "Maniac"? It's starting today I believe and the pre release reviews are getting good to frothy write ups.

A fellow named Fukunaga directs it and also gets raves... he was just hired to direct the new Bond movie. A bit of an odd egg/geniusy type with a "do it my way" persona.

If you read about the series' content ...he was well chosen

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/9/2...one-jonah-hill
      Just watched the first three episodes and wow was it good. Really awesome camera work, reminds me a lot of Rian Johnson with a bit of coen brothers when it comes to shooting dialogue. I love the sci-fi aspect of it as well. Can’t wait to finish the series.

Comment

Burn After Reading is one of my favourite on the list. So ya, I'm with you, I don't get it.
        Bendit wrote: View Post
        Burn after reading was hilarious... Malkovich & Pitt were especially funny... they all were.
        One of the funniest scenes I have ever seen.

Comment

Scorsese. De Niro. Phoenix.

This has to be good... right?
          What's Scorsese's involvement? I don't see him listed on IMDB.

And do we know what role De Niro plays?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            What's Scorsese's involvement? I don't see him listed on IMDB.

And do we know what role De Niro plays?
            Scorsese is Producing. For some reason IMDB doesn't list Producer's.

And total guess, but if I know Scorsese, he want's De Niro for a Mob boss, and Carmine Falcone is a well known Mob boss in the Batman world... so maybe that?

Comment

Scorsese is Producing. For some reason IMDB doesn't list Producer's.

And total guess, but if I know Scorsese, he want's De Niro for a Mob boss, and Carmine Falcone is a well known Mob boss in the Batman world... so maybe that?
              Joey, what's with getting so loose with your apostrophes???!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Joey, what's with getting so loose with your apostrophes???!
                LOL Don't worry about it. Seems; I gave, up on grammar, today.

Comment

• Wild stuff. Match made in heaven really. Should get people feeling optimistic again about the Suicide Squad franchise:

Wonder what sort of heat, if any, WB takes for this after Marvel fired him.
                  Last edited by Joey; Tue Oct 9, 2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Excuses if this has been mentioned/reviewed before here ... saw "Annihilation" over the weekend w/Natalie Portman & Oscar Isaac. It wasn't too bad but I am not a big sci-fi movie buff ... this one held attention. The director Garland also made Ex Machina and that was of course a great one. Worth the time I think.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Excuses if this has been mentioned/reviewed before here ... saw "Annihilation" over the weekend w/Natalie Portman & Oscar Isaac. It wasn't too bad but I am not a big sci-fi movie buff ... this one held attention. The director Garland also made Ex Machina and that was of course a great one. Worth the time I think.
                      Great movie. Loved it.

Comment

Wild stuff. Match made in heaven really. Should get people feeling optimistic again about the Suicide Squad franchise:

Wonder what sort of heat, if any, WB takes for this after Marvel fired him.
                        I think the general consensus is support for James Gunn. The guy is a talented director and writer and got punished for making a couple bad jokes on Twitter a long time ago. Marvel should have eaten their words and just rehired him and apologized for going too far.

Anyways, I’m not really a fan of suicide squad to begin with but I’m sure Gunn will do a good job because the biggest flaw with the last one was the script and we all know Gunn is a really good writer. I wonder how they’ll handle the original cast.

Comment

• Not my first choice of a Stephen King remake, but hey ... looks interesting, if not for it looking exactly like the original...

Comment

• Stephen King is really cashing in these last couple years (as well he should).

Comment

Not my first choice of a Stephen King remake, but hey ... looks interesting, if not for it looking exactly like the original...
                              I hope someone gets their face peeled off on a bike tire

Comment

Not my first choice of a Stephen King remake, but hey ... looks interesting, if not for it looking exactly like the original...
                                Ugh...... how many 80s remakes and how much 80s nostalgia bullshit is left? One of these needs to really tank so they'll stop already.

Comment

Working...
                                X