Time to move Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading forum these days:

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Time to move this thread to the dumpster where it belongs.

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
        Time to move this thread to the dumpster where it belongs.

Comment

Kyle Lowry, for the past five years, has been the organization's best player.

While DeRozan took the mantle as the franchise player, he was never the on-court leader/engine that Lowry is/was. Lowry had an awesome, efficient season last year, despite the ball being out of his hands quite a bit, playing off-the-ball significantly more.

Lowry, if he buys in, which I assume he will, is the perfect point guard fit alongside Kawhi.

Seriously, we are forgetting that we are pairing--arguably--a top-10 point guard with the second/third best player in the world, wtf.

I don't care how old Lowry is, he managed to stay quite healthy last year, and played incredibly well. 78 games played and started for a 32 year old. C'mon now.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Don't mind this thread. It's reminiscent of RealGM bs.

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
            Kyle Lowry, for the past five years, has been the organization's best player.

While DeRozan took the mantle as the franchise player, he was never the on-court leader/engine that Lowry is/was. Lowry had an awesome, efficient season last year, despite the ball being out of his hands quite a bit, playing off-the-ball significantly more.

Lowry, if he buys in, which I assume he will, is the perfect point guard fit alongside Kawhi.

Seriously, we are forgetting that we are pairing--arguably--a top-10 point guard with the second/third best player in the world, wtf.

I don't care how old Lowry is, he managed to stay quite healthy last year, and played incredibly well. 78 games played and started for a 32 year old. C'mon now.

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
              Don't mind this thread. It's reminiscent of RealGM bs.
              Nah, trade Lowry. Fire that POS GM, Masai. Sell the damn franchise to Seattle. We don't deserve nice things.

Hot enough take for y'all?

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                Sorry...can't agree with this thread. Lowry had to give media availability in the middle of the summer because he was at the US mini camp. He said he would only take questions on that. The media (understandably) asked other ones. What answer could he give? "Masai was right"? (throw Demar under the bus). "Demar is right"? (throw Masai under the bus). In a still raw environment, maybe the best answer was not to answer. That's not worth getting rid of the top tier talent on your team.
                I don't even know why Lowry is there ? IF nobody says no then he would be hard up to get a roster spot ... Really Canadian reporters went to this Camp cause they want a update of the U.S team ?

Sorry but when a organization gives you 30 million dollars and your the face of the franchise then with that comes media obligation ...

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
                  I don't even know why Lowry is there ? IF nobody says no then he would be hard up to get a roster spot ... Really Canadian reporters went to this Camp cause they want a update of the U.S team ?

Sorry but when a organization gives you 30 million dollars and your the face of the franchise then with that comes media obligation ...
                  Says who? The media, mostly, and you can see how they wouldn't be particularly unbiased.

Lowry has very specific media obligations, which are mostly decided by the team (pre- and post-game and practice interviews, media day appearance). He certainly has no obligation to talk to the media whenever they want, let alone at a non-NBA event like the USAB camp.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If I'm trading Lowry, only guy I'd consider is Jimmy Butler.

Otherwise, no thank you.

Comment

like lowry was statistically our best player both in the playoffs as well as in the season EASILY. He plays good defence, he can guard even though he is small. For lack of a better term he is a good floor general. His scoring didn't have issues in the playoffs at all this year.

To trade him would risk taking a step back this year not a step forward... which would really beg the question of... why the heck are we not jsut looking to flip kawhi at the first chance.. which i think would be a waste... should have just looked to trade demar for someone else or not at all and waited a year....

The whole goal is to go for it this year and possibly the next if kawhi resigns.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        like lowry was statistically our best player both in the playoffs as well as in the season EASILY. He plays good defence, he can guard even though he is small. For lack of a better term he is a good floor general. His scoring didn't have issues in the playoffs at all this year.

To trade him would risk taking a step back this year not a step forward... which would really beg the question of... why the heck are we not jsut looking to flip kawhi at the first chance.. which i think would be a waste... should have just looked to trade demar for someone else or not at all and waited a year....

The whole goal is to go for it this year and possibly the next if kawhi resigns.
                        I don't know why flipping Kawhi keeps coming up. That'll only happen if the season is a complete disaster.

The best deal the Spurs could get for a full season of Kawhi is presumably the one the Raptors offered them. If the Raptors turn around and try to flip half a season of Kawhi at some point this year, they are going to get less than the DeMar/Poeltl/1st package they just gave up - I guarantee you that. That's the only way to ruin this trade.

You paid for a full year of Kawhi and the opportunity to talk him into signing here in 2019 if everything goes great. They aren't flipping that for Kosta Koufos and a 2nd round pick in February.

If they do have to trade him everything's gone to shit and I'll have to watch the Leafs.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                          I don't know why flipping Kawhi keeps coming up. That'll only happen if the season is a complete disaster.

The best deal the Spurs could get for a full season of Kawhi is presumably the one the Raptors offered them. If the Raptors turn around and try to flip half a season of Kawhi at some point this year, they are going to get less than the DeMar/Poeltl/1st package they just gave up - I guarantee you that. That's the only way to ruin this trade.

You paid for a full year of Kawhi and the opportunity to talk him into signing here in 2019 if everything goes great. They aren't flipping that for Kosta Koufos and a 2nd round pick in February.

If they do have to trade him everything's gone to shit and I'll have to watch the Leafs.
                          this

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                            If I'm forced to watch hockey I'll just take up drinking as a profession instead

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              If I'm forced to watch hockey I'll just take up drinking as a profession instead
                              oh god.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                I tried that. Was hard to pay the bills.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X