Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Come on. Even without Serge this team is clearly better than #5, they've really missed Pat and DD over the recent stretch, and have been bumbling away wins.
    They're definitely better than #5 but have you been watching the Celtics and Wizards lately? we're 4 games back of Boston, 2.5 games back of Washington. There's what, 25 something games left? there's not much time.

We need to go on a serious roll to finish in the top 3.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      A lot. Probably not but still a lot. Why would you?
      I think the age/decline concerns about Serge are reasonable enough to wonder if giving him $150 million is a good idea. But given that Masai has a connection to him and has the most information, it doesn't really matter.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        They're definitely better than #5 but have you been watching the Celtics and Wizards lately? we're 4 games back of Boston, 2.5 games back of Washington. There's what, 25 something games left? there's not much time.

Celtics and Wizards have been on legit rolls, but I'd feel good about Raptors vs. either of them in the postseason, Toronto's been able to handle both teams the last couple of years.

It would be good to avoid facing Cleveland without homecourt in the second round, I'd say that's the main thing re: matchups. Otherwise the focus is just on Toronto getting healthy and getting Ibaka integrated.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

The good news is his max offer is lower than Lowry's, at only about 30M instead of 36M. The other good news is that since his trade market was so cool (reportedly), there's a good chance if the Raps are willing to offer term (they can offer 5 years), they may be able to get him for well below that max number if the FA market is similarly cool. If they can get Serge locked up on a deal near or a bit lower than DeMar's (say, between 5/100 and 5/125M), they'll be in pretty good shape. Convince Lowry to take between 5/150 and 5/175 and you are pretty happy with that, and might be able to free up enough wiggle room for Pat to stay on with only a few small trades.
          I really hope we can keep Pat. That Pat-Serge smallball lineup will be so central to countering some of our playoff opponents.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            Celtics and Wizards have been on legit rolls, but I'd feel good about Raptors vs. either of them in the postseason, Toronto's been able to handle both teams the last couple of years.

It would be good to avoid facing Cleveland without homecourt in the second round, I'd say that's the main thing re: matchups. Otherwise the focus is just on Toronto getting healthy and getting Ibaka integrated.
            I think we can beat them too. But that's not the point, the point is to avoid Cleveland in the 2nd rd.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

We're 1.5 back of washington and play them b2b to open march
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                I'm not in love with giving up a 1st rd pick because this is a super deep draft would have rather have sent back Siakam or Poeltl but hey on the plus side from what I gather it's the worse of the 2 so I guess that's ok....positive spin..

We essentially traded Vasquez + Ross for Serge Ibaka + Norman Powell + 2017 pick

So we still won lol
                I'd definitely keep yak ahead of the lesser of the two picks.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  I really hope we can keep Pat. That Pat-Serge smallball lineup will be so central to countering some of our playoff opponents.
                  I don't think we can, unless we found a taker for carroll with no salary coming back

Comment

• I'm hoping yak and siakam get more mins on 905 now

Comment

• We really, really need to be able to make it to 3rd seed....or we're done in the 2nd rd.

Comment

That home and home against Washington to start March will be pretty interesting.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• On a side note, Patterson and Sully must be salty as hell about this news haha

Comment

The good news is his max offer is lower than Lowry's, at only about 30M instead of 36M. The other good news is that since his trade market was so cool (reportedly), there's a good chance if the Raps are willing to offer term (they can offer 5 years), they may be able to get him for well below that max number if the FA market is similarly cool. If they can get Serge locked up on a deal near or a bit lower than DeMar's (say, between 5/100 and 5/125M), they'll be in pretty good shape. Convince Lowry to take between 5/150 and 5/175 and you are pretty happy with that, and might be able to free up enough wiggle room for Pat to stay on with only a few small trades.
                            I'm sorry, did you just say $175M over 5 years??? It's not even my money and I'm getting a rapid heart beat..

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              We're 1.5 back of washington and play them b2b to open march
                              Also to finish the year the Wiz play 18 away games vs 10 at home. So far they are 24-7 at home and 9-14 on the road.

The celtics game after the break and the b2b against the wiz are going to be huge for tie-breaking purposes.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                                On a side note, Patterson and Sully must be salty as hell about this news haha
                                Won't effect patterson. He's known for a couple years they wanted another guy to help him. He might lose a few minutes per game tops.

Sullingers choked forsure between the foot and now this, he's gonna have to find a place to sign for a discount and earn back his name in the nba again

Comment

Working...
                                X