No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would anyone trade Derozan for Kuzma and Ingram? We would have to take back Deng's contract and most likely ask for a right to swap picks in next years draft.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      New coach makes DD play adequate defense. And uses a system that is suited for the players he has, and tailored for the team the Raptors are facing.
      How? The only way a new coach is going to make DD play adequate defense is if we hire Aang, The Last Airbender, and he uses blood-bending on DD. And that's still iffy because who knows if Aang is even good at basketball, although who am I kidding of course Aang is good at basketball.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
        Would anyone trade Derozan for Kuzma and Ingram? We would have to take back Deng's contract and most likely ask for a right to swap picks in next years draft.
        Don't think Magic gives you both of them for DeMar unless LeBron agrees to go there and tells him he wants DD.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Btw, i wouldn't trade DD for the #5 pick. Who's going to be there? Porter has back issues. Bamba? is he really a franchise changer type of talent? Trae Young? high risk high reward type of talent. I'd rather hold onto DD.
          Draft looks pretty weak this year.. but I would swap DD for Matthews and Mikal Bridges. I think Bridges is going to be a stud in the right environment. Almost like Donovan Mitchell.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
            While Demar has shown little interest in defending, he has also not remotely demonstrated that he can play even adequate defense. Ever. He has chosen to ignore that half of the game and has never been held to account for it. You don't just wake up one day and go from being a horrible defensive player to adequate, just because the coach tells you to. I guess a coach could ask him to care. But I think it's too late for that.
            Barolt wrote: View Post
            There is an opportunity cost here. There's basically one chance left to try to make the case that DeMar can be turned into an adequate defender. If the Raptors choose to burn that chance themselves, and fail, then making that case to a team trading for him gets harder.
            Well said.

A NINE YEAR VETERAN can not just learn how to demonstrate sound defense over a summer and under a new coach.

Defending is a process, starts with very good foundation/ fundamentals in college, high BBIQ and relentless commitment.

When he gives up blow byes and corner threes then shoot clunkers outside of 22 feet in return, that’s when he becomes most vulnerable and the whole team suffers.

So stop this nonsense and let us all move on.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              While I generally agree, I wouldn't write off Sacramento. Unstable owner with a desire to win - short sighted moves from Sac wouldn't really be a surprise.
              If Doncic goes #1, I could see it.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                Would anyone trade Derozan for Kuzma and Ingram? We would have to take back Deng's contract and most likely ask for a right to swap picks in next years draft.
                Definitely won’t get the pick swap.

But I could see it, but only if the Lakers land a star first.

If they manage to sign Paul George I could see them trading for Demar.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  Definitely won’t get the pick swap.

But I could see it, but only if the Lakers land a star first.

If they manage to sign Paul George I could see them trading for Demar.
                  There's a few scenarios where after the big name free agents choose a destination, depending on where they land, the markets for DeMar and Lowry could change pretty drastically. Will be an interesting summer.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    There's a few scenarios where after the big name free agents choose a destination, depending on where they land, the markets for DeMar and Lowry could change pretty drastically. Will be an interesting summer.
                    Agree.

Personally not on the camp of trading Lowry since I think he’s a championship caliber second option, but the right price is always the right price.

Comment

Agree.

Personally not on the camp of trading Lowry since I think he’s a championship caliber second option, but the right price is always the right price.
                      What good does this do you if you can't get/don't have a championship caliber 1st option?

If we can't parlay DeMar and other assets into Kawhi (who is the only superstar who's remotely available at the moment) a rebuild should be top priority.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        What good does this do you if you can't get/don't have a championship caliber 1st option?

If we can't parlay DeMar and other assets into Kawhi (who is the only superstar who's remotely available at the moment) a rebuild should be top priority.
                        I think Lowry still has 2-3 years left of being able to be that number 2 option.

I whole heartedly agree on trying to turn Demar into that superstar, but if it’s not available this summer, I’d prefer to hold somewhat pat for a year and try again at the deadline and next year.

Also, even though we don’t have the cap room, I want the raptors to hold meetings with every single free agent superstar that becomes available.

Take a meeting with Bron, take a meeting with PG, take a meeting with Kawhi next summer. Even if it’s not realistic, they should do everything possible to land that main star.

Comment

Agree.

I'm not in the camp of trading Lowry either, for the reason you mention. I think that would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I am firmly entrenched in the camp of trading Demar tho.

Comment

• Any previous year I would have brought out the champagne if DeRozan was traded.

However, he showed enough last year that for the first time ever I want to keep him on the team. He's still way overrated by fans, and not even close to the best player in this team, let alone best in franchise history as some fans seem to bizarrely believe, but he is now a very good player.

With Casey gone, I want to keep DeRozen, as it's clear that instead of overplaying an ineffective DeRozan once Demar started playing very well, Casey simply moved on to overplaying an ineffective Ibaka.

I look forward to having a Coach who is able to make the best use of the players they have, rather than forcing the team to constantly play with an albatross around it's neck by randomly overusing ineffective players.

I definitely do not want Lowry traded, who is without a doubt the best Raptor of all time. He's getting older so I could live with moving on if it was part of overall strategy that made sense, but Lowry remains the best player on the team.

I'm not sure we need to trade anybody, we just need a coach that understands stats, like Stevens.
                            Last edited by Quirk; Thu May 17, 2018, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                              Any previous year I would have brought out the champagne if DeRozan was traded.

However, he showed enough last year that for the first time ever I want to keep him on the team. He's still way over rated by fans, and not even close to the best player in this team, let alone best in franchise history as some fans seem to bizarrely believe, but he is now a very good player.

With Casey gone, I want to keep DeRozen, as it's clear that instead of overplaying an ineffective DeRozan once Demar started playing very well, Casey simply moved on to overplaying an ineffective Ibaka.

I look forward to having a Coach who is able to make the best use of the players they have, rather than forcing the team to constantly play with a albatross around it's neck by randomly overusing ineffective players.

I definitely do not want Lowry traded, who is without a doubt the best Raptor of all time. He's getting older so I could live with moving on if it was part of overall strategy that made sense, but Lowry remains the best player on the team.

I'm not sure we need to trade anybody, we just need a coach that understands stats, like Stevens.
                              DeRozan had a really, really good regular season. But watching the two conference finals is a bit painful - if there's ANY weakness in the opposing lineup defensively, teams at this stage are good enough to relentlessly go at it immediately and repeatedly.

DeRozan showed in this year's playoffs (again) that you can't even hide him on D. You can give him a stationary shooter who doesn't even run off picks and DD won't stay with him. There's virtually no assignment to give him short of lucking into some Andre Roberson kind of wing player who can't shoot a basketball. Wherever you put him, DD is going to cost your team at the defensive end.

Boston is having success against Cleveland because they don't have any defensive weak links, particularly on the wing. Cleveland gets their switches, just like they did against the Raptors, but unlike against the Raptors they still have a tough time scoring after the switch.

Harden's not great defensively, but he just had a GOAT iso scoring season and is a top 2 MVP candidate. Nowitzki won a championship but he was surrounded by a defensively stellar supporting cast and he is a GOAT scorer at his position. DeRozan is not on their level offensively and he's worse defensively. The Raptors goal is to be in the 3rd and 4th rounds - it's just hard to do with core players who take that much off the table for you. I mean damn - Casey benched him for the entire 4th quarter of a critical playoff game. That doesn't happen to franchise players, ever.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                DeRozan showed in this year's playoffs (again) that you can't even hide him on D. You can give him a stationary shooter who doesn't even run off picks and DD won't stay with him.
                                Of all the brutal things that happened in the playoffs, the bold is a dark horse candidate for the worst.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X