• Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL,

https://twitter.com/evalois/status/966542276402049024

Comment

USA's top players:

Comment

sucks for canada, but oh well. Congratulations to the US on requiring slanted refereeing and a shootout to finally beat them.

But, on balance the US did play the better game. the investment for Canada will need to be in fitness and conditioning training / facilities if they want to stay on the US level. Hockey skill was not the determining factor, but the canadians looked slower and tired and weren't able to create in the 3rd/OT.

Of course a lot of this was aggravated by their coach shortening the bench in OT. You can't do that in 4 on 4 on international-size ice. She's gonna lose her job for that display and rightfully so.
        Last edited by KHD; Thu Feb 22, 2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I thought Canada looked really tired in both the third period and overtime. That lazy change cost them the game. Kinda surprising given how many games they play out here in Calgary against far better competition than the US women. Oh well.

Bad couple days for Canada even though they won some medals. Koe lost to the US so no gold for Canada in curling. That's a huge disappointment no matter what they are saying about the world catching up and all that. Losing to a US club team, twice no less, is awful. The women crapping the bed was also pretty shocking, though it looks good on the skip. She refuses to listen to anyone and won't take any advice, so, there you go.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
            Yeah, I thought Canada looked really tired in both the third period and overtime. That lazy change cost them the game. Kinda surprising given how many games they play out here in Calgary against far better competition than the US women. Oh well.

Bad couple days for Canada even though they won some medals. Koe lost to the US so no gold for Canada in curling. That's a huge disappointment no matter what they are saying about the world catching up and all that. Losing to a US club team, twice no less, is awful. The women crapping the bed was also pretty shocking, though it looks good on the skip. She refuses to listen to anyone and won't take any advice, so, there you go.
            I am not buying the "world is catching up" narrative in curling. Look what Lawes/Morris did after forming a doubles pair and practicing for literally 30 minutes before the olympic trials.

Koe and Homan just played extremely sub-par for long stretches this week and neither team seemed to have the level of confidence that should accompany their skill level. Homan in particular was a disaster and doesn't seem the type to learn from her failures.
            Last edited by KHD; Thu Feb 22, 2018, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Wtf is curling tho

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                Wtf is curling tho
                Chess on ice
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Wtf is curling tho
                  Whatever it is, it dominates my sports channels for way too many hours each year [emoji23]

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                    Whatever it is, it dominates my sports channels for way too many hours each year [emoji23]
                    Sucks for us there are more curling fans in Canada than basketball fans.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Wtf is curling tho
                      the best "beer league" game around.

Mack North wrote: View Post
                      I like curling but I'll agree with this lol.

Comment

Curling Golden Age:
                        Cigarette (this was at the olympics):

And a Beer:

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                          I am not buying the "world is catching up" narrative in curling. Look what Lawes/Morris did after forming a doubles pair and practicing for literally 30 minutes before the olympic trials.

Koe and Homan just played extremely sub-par for long stretches this week and neither team seemed to have the level of confidence that should accompany their skill level. Homan in particular was a disaster and doesn't seem the type to learn from her failures.
                          A good friend of ours is pretty tied in to the curling world (and it is its own world, it's pretty crazy) and he was saying to me over lunch the other day that the general consensus with Homan is that they went in thinking they would roll everyone and weren't prepared - they were too busy planning out how they were going to cash in on their gold medals. Apparently, they could have had their pick of coaches (we've only got all the greatest curlers in history sitting around Canada) but the skip doesn't like to be criticized and won't take advice, so they basically picked a nobody that they could safely ignore and wouldn't have to credit. They also could have apparently had their pick of fifths but settled on someone who had been out of competitive curling for years.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                            Curling Golden Age:

And a Beer:
                            Oh this is me all day hahaha I shit on the game because I hate it on my TV. I'm sure its pretty fun, like bowling. I go get smashed and play 4 games, but I don't wanna watch it on TV.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                              Curling Golden Age:

And a Beer:
                              And darts are still 10 years away from the Olympics? smh!

Comment

And darts are still 10 years away from the Olympics? smh!
                                Guys like that prick who coughed behind his opponent while the dude was throwing a few weeks ago are holding the game back.

Comment

Working...
                                X