I met Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    So..who do you want to catch a game with?
    Matt
    OG is our king

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      One guy goes to the gym and gets spray tans and manicures, the other guy drinks MGD and eats BBQ on the couch.
      But Jack does make an effort for his daily run.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
        Matt
        LOL...can’t get enough of C.J. Kilometers or The Austrian Hammer eh ?
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

LOL...can’t get enough of C.J. Kilometers or The Austrian Hammer eh ?
          consmap: "Hey Matt, hand me a beer"
          Matty D: "FROM PICKERING!!!" *throws the beer*
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
            consmap: "Hey Matt, hand me a beer"
            Matty D: "FROM PICKERING!!!" *throws the beer*
            *bounces off consmaps head*
            Matty D: Ohhh, the summer 3..
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              *Leo misses the joke, gets defensive*
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

When you watch every game, all year for many years it's like you spend more time with these guys than most of your friends. Which is why it's good that I like them for the most part. I'm sure you all see many games on NBA tv and league pass so get to sample many other local market broadcasters. I haven't seen any yet I would rather have. They're all blatant homers (Heinsohn so over the top as to be amusing) so I can't see that as a fault. In fact I would say Jack is probably one of the most brutally honest at pointing out many of the things I read in these forums. One would think he DOES follow Raptors Republic! Leo is a little stiff and vain about his appearance but solid and inoffensive. Matt is just bubbling over with energy and random facts but seems to genuinely love his job which adds life to some dull games. Sherm and Jonesy are a class act. We don't have any super hot sideline reporters but.......we don't want any of our guys to go down like Zahn in any event.

Comment

OG is our king

Comment

So..who do you want to catch a game with?
                    Definitely Jack, Leo triggers me so hard. He's just so fake and never has any interesting insight into the game, its always the same crap he says. On top of that he has this superiority complex, Matt is all light hearted and makes jokes and he's just sitting there all pompous like he's some celebrity

Comment

I may be in the minority but I can't stand Jack. Maybe that's a bit harsh but he's just annoying. The accent is grating and his stories all seem to be from 1973 ..... he's kind of like the Gord Stellick for the Raptors. I like Matty though

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        I may be in the minority but I can't stand Jack. Maybe that's a bit harsh but he's just annoying. The accent is grating and his stories all seem to be from 1973 ..... he's kind of like the Gord Stellick for the Raptors. I like Matty though
                        I love that his stories are all from 1973!

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          I don't hate Jack, but I'm not a big fan, tbh. It bugs me that the Raps used to have NBA insiders like Doc Rivers & Rick Barry doing color commentary, with HoF broadcasters like Dan Shulman and John Saunders. Now we've got Matty D (who?) and a guy who coached Niagara University (who?) probably 20-30 years ago. Wonder what his coaching record was.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                            I don't hate Jack, but I'm not a big fan, tbh. It bugs me that the Raps used to have NBA insiders like Doc Rivers & Rick Barry doing color commentary, with HoF broadcasters like Dan Shulman and John Saunders. Now we've got Matty D (who?) and a guy who coached Niagara University (who?) probably 20-30 years ago. Wonder what his coaching record was.
                            When did Doc Rivers and Rick Barry have anything to do with the Raptors?

Comment

When did Doc Rivers and Rick Barry have anything to do with the Raptors?
                              Whaaaa??? You don't remember those days? With Doc, it felt like it was before his coaching gig with Orlando. And IIRC, Barry did TSN in-studio commentary with Suneel Joshi, lol.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                                I don't hate Jack either but like I said, I find him a bit annoying an doesn't add anything to the broadcast. Can't STAND his courtside interviews.

And you're right; Dan Shulman is one of the very best broadcasters on the planet, especially for baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X