No announcement yet.

Game #26: PHI @ TOR, Wednesday December 5th 2018, 8 PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add me to the list that thinks Masai has to add/tinker with this group before the post season. Good bench addition or 3 point threat if Miles doesn't recover or ..... Beale .... if we can land him for Miles and Norm

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      He's not that guy anymore. Can't expect Lowry to score big numbers. Masai gotta get a second a scorer.
      Lowry can score when he wants to. He turned it on in Memphis to get that win. He's been managing games more than anything mostly cause he hasn't needed to do all that much scoring with Leonard, Green, Pascal and Serge all scoring handily. He tried to step up against Denver but he just missed shots.

There really isn't much difference from last year (when the 'new' offense went in) but to two years ago when he was shooting a lot more. He won't do that with this team and this style of play other than the odd night.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        Ray Lewis was a beast!
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Performance model predicts a Raptors win with 67% certainty.
          Is the model based on the whole season or do you have a weighting in there for recent performance? ie. post-Butler trade

Comment

8 pm start in Toronto?

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
              8 pm start in Toronto?
              US National Games are usually 8pm tips.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Is the model based on the whole season or do you have a weighting in there for recent performance? ie. post-Butler trade
                It's based on the full season, but as I noted above, the 76ers results are not dramatically different since the trade.

Their offence is about 4 points better of late, but they've also played an easy schedule... I tried plugging in their last 10 games results and it drops to 60%.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  Keys to the Game:

1. Just fucking Rebound . Limit the second chance points.The Hinkies are a very good offensive rebounding team and if they win this battle they have a great chance to win the game.
                  2. Cut off the lane for Simmons and make him a jump shooter which he is not. This falls to Siakam and Leonard .
                  3. Stay with JJ Reddick. The man is tireless but he is their only reall 3 point threat despite Jimmy hitting some late game winners. Jimmy ain’t a three point savant.
                  4. Make Joel “No Cardio” Embiid run the floor. Do it long enough and he will suck the oxygen out of the rafters at the ACC as he walks.. not runs… up the floor.
                  5. The bench is afforded an opportunity to have a major impact on the game. Phillys bench is paper thin. Take advantage of that.
                  It would also be nice if they could put together 4 solid quarters. You can't play a perfect 48 minutes but just 4, solid quarters would do just fine. No coasting for 8 minutes stretches. Would love to see a complete game out of them.

Comment

I'm seeing concern about JJ Redick lighting us up and Raptor defensive assignments, but not a mention on how weak JJ is defensively. Who is JJ going to defend that won't take advantage of him?

Nurse needs to maximize attacking Redick in half-court offense schemes in order to draw Embiid away from the rebounding battle. Lowry tends to show up against Philly. Lots of transition offense with Siakam forcing Embiid to run, get tired, and make stupid fouls. I would prefer Kawhi guard Simmons for those steals, unless it's a late game situation where Kawhi needs to guard Butler. Lowry can rest on Redick and Danny can handle Jimmy.

I feel pretty confident we take this one.

Comment

can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
                      I'm seeing concern about JJ Redick lighting us up and Raptor defensive assignments, but not a mention on how weak JJ is defensively. Who is JJ going to defend that won't take advantage of him?

Nurse needs to maximize attacking Redick in half-court offense schemes in order to draw Embiid away from the rebounding battle. Lowry tends to show up against Philly. Lots of transition offense with Siakam forcing Embiid to run, get tired, and make stupid fouls. I would prefer Kawhi guard Simmons for those steals, unless it's a late game situation where Kawhi needs to guard Butler. Lowry can rest on Redick and Danny can handle Jimmy.

I feel pretty confident we take this one.
                      Redick will be on Green, pretty certainly. Might be worth getting out in transition to catch them in mismatches. Or use Green as a PnP option and see if you can get some switches.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We match up really well against philly. They are top heavy, but yet Raptors have a better player at every position except center. And let's not get started on depth

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          Redick will be on Green, pretty certainly. Might be worth getting out in transition to catch them in mismatches. Or use Green as a PnP option and see if you can get some switches.
                          Agreed. Would love to see JJ guarding Kawhi on a switch, which I'm hoping Nurse pursues.

I'm looking forward to the possibilities of transition offence, mostly because I can't pass up an opportunity to enjoy Danny's running style

Comment

anyone know whose calling this one on ESPN? considering if i should stream of watch canadian broadcast
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              anyone know whose calling this one on ESPN? considering if i should stream of watch canadian broadcast
                              Doris Burke is the lead analyst Drake will do his usual "flirt with the MILF" thing he does

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                US National Games are usually 8pm tips.
                                More like 8:15pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X