Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #37: Raptors (26-10) @ Orlando Magic (14-19); Friday, Dec. 28th at 7:00 pm on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Trade Norm, Miles and Ibaka. No problem
    We're a player away imo
    If those players were traded with nothing coming back AND Delon and Green both left the team we still don’t have cap room to sign anyone else after a Kawhi max.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
      I also want to point out, Magic Johnson never gets criticized for anything. It's like he's a god. That man traded away D'Angelo Russell to Brooklyn for Brook Lopez, basically let Julius Randle walk away. Those two are better than any of the young players they have.

The Lakers are going to be good again but not because of Magic Johnson(he's terrible at his job), but because they're the Lakers. They're a free agent destination.

Also, I remember when David Blatt was coaching the Cavs, he was getting criticized left and right even though they were winning games. You don't hear anything about Magic Johnson.
      The Lakers' young core is overrated as hell (because they're the Lakers LOL), but some schmuck front office is going to bite on their low-impact assets anyway. I'm willing to bet it's either Ernie Grunfeld or Dell Demps, who are both terrible GMs who have zero idea what patience and long-term planning are, and love to make impulsive moves with the aim of preserving their jobs (that they don't deserve in the first place).
      • Kyle Kuzma is an empty points scorer who can score a high number of PPG but give that right back with his bad defense.
      • Lonzo Ball is a poor man's Ricky Rubio until he starts shooting consistently.
      • Josh Hart is your typical 3-and-D guard/wing that you can find in the late first round.
      • Brandon Ingram is basically Giannis without any of the things that make Giannis so deadly.

None of these guys are worthy of the hype they get, but they get it because they're on the Lakers. None of these guys make a huge impact on the game to begin with, which is why they've blown a 15-point lead to the Kings and got trashed by the Clippers without LeBron James.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
        If those players were traded with nothing coming back AND Delon and Green both left the team we still don’t have cap room to sign anyone else after a Kawhi max.
        Ding ding ding. Stop with the "sign a star" talk. That's 2020 talk. There is no realistic path to it this summer. Even a sign and trade is incredibly unlikely to even be possible re: CBA legality.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Looks like the Knicks are all in on Zion Williamson this year lol.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Ding ding ding. Stop with the "sign a star" talk. That's 2020 talk. There is no realistic path to it this summer. Even a sign and trade is incredibly unlikely to even be possible re: CBA legality.
            So if the Celtics get Beale with their endless supply of trade fodder and the 76ers keep playing like they have been with Jimmy Butler and Giannis keeps being Giannis (and with the NBA reffing seemingly tilted towards the US and elite star based teams, among which they don't seem to count Kawhi) can we agree the Raptors are at best an even shot to escape the East if Masai is handcuffed by only one superstar but two being paid like it?

Comment

So if the Celtics get Beale with their endless supply of trade fodder and the 76ers keep playing like they have been with Jimmy Butler and Giannis keeps being Giannis (and with the NBA reffing seemingly tilted towards the US and elite star based teams, among which they don't seem to count Kawhi) can we agree the Raptors are at best an even shot to escape the East if Masai is handcuffed by only one superstar but two being paid like it?
              It’s Anthony Davis or bust for the Celtics.

Comment

• OG, Delon and Serge for Beale

Comment

Once again I completely disagree.

First of all in my opinion the Celtics are waiting on Anthony Davis. They aren’t making an all in move for Beal this year. The 76ers are beatable. Not concerned at all. The bucks are very good hats off. An even shot to escape the east I will take. In the words of Marlo stanfield that’s one of them good problems.

Comment

• Game thread?
                    OG is our king

Comment

• Luka Doncic is god damn impressive. Its a shame that non of the NBA GMs that had a high pick respect the spanish league or they wouldn't have passed on him. Lucky he's in the West.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                        Once again I completely disagree.

First of all in my opinion the Celtics are waiting on Anthony Davis. They aren’t making an all in move for Beal this year. The 76ers are beatable. Not concerned at all. The bucks are very good hats off. An even shot to escape the east I will take. In the words of Marlo stanfield that’s one of them good problems.
                        It reads more like you disagreed simply to disagree since you really didn't disagree on anything

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                          Game thread?
                          why dont you make it?

Comment

• Bradley Beal can be very interesting but how to match the salary could be a challenge because one of the bigs may have to be included.

When Butler was available, I thought Masai hanged up the phone when OG was mentioned. So a potential move for Beal also may depend on how Masai really see OG as a central piece going forward.

Comment

That's a lot of "if's", and even then we've got about an even shot to get out of the East? I'll take it.

Comment

I'm not talking about what the team may or may not need to do (for the record they do not need to rush a move). I'm talking about what the team CAN do. Which seems relevant to the discussion. If you want the team to improve because of a perceived and as-yet-nonexistent arms race in the East, your suggestions should come in the form of trade proposals, not free agents, because the former is dramatically more likely to happen given the realities of their cap sheet.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X