Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #44 Nets (20-22) @ Raptors (31-12) Friday January 11th, 2019. SN1 130am(Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo) 230am(Vilnius, Lithuania) 900pm(St Johns) 830pm(Halifax) 730pm(Toronto) 630pm(Winnipeg) 530pm(Calgary) 430pm(Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    I feel like maybe you are overlooking a certain someone...
    There is a noticeable size difference. I would think Kawhi hasn't been tasked with guarding Giannis for the same reason.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
      There is a noticeable size difference. I would think Kawhi hasn't been tasked with guarding Giannis for the same reason.
      I think they are saving it for the playoffs. Potentially even just key situations in the playoffs. Size difference or no, Kawhi is by far the best option. It would still be really beneficial for Siakam to bulk up and be able to handle Giannis, more options the better, and you don't want Kawhi to HAVE to try to handle Giannis all game long considering what he needs to do on the other end.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Not sure I would want to see Kawhi guarding Giannis other than in key situations. Giannis is the new darling of the NBA and in the playoffs I can see Kawhi getting into foul trouble early and often trying to guard him. Siakam should get the main assignment with OG when Siakam is resting.

Comment

Not sure I would want to see Kawhi guarding Giannis other than in key situations. Giannis is the new darling of the NBA and in the playoffs I can see Kawhi getting into foul trouble early and often trying to guard him. Siakam should get the main assignment with OG when Siakam is resting.
          Sure, as a minutes eater - a role he can already fill just fine. But when you need a stop on Giannis, Kawhi can absolutely defend him better than anyone else on the team and possibly in the league.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It's like BertaRapsFan is this AI learning new things and improving with every new attempt. We're going to have a masterpiece at the end of the season, a masterpiece...
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Deal

Mamba Mentality

Comment

That's a valid fear that Raptor fans have in general; and it's based on experience.
                Players like Harden, Durant, Giannis (Lebron!) doling out early fouls like candy and with the help and marching orders from the refs and NBA (tin hat firmly on) so that players like Serge, JV and OG and Siakam becoem less effective offensively and/or defensively.

Comment

kick ass
                  OG is our king

Comment

JV's secret hobby during offseason revealed:

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
                      Deal

Siakam and JV add dimensions/looks to this team which Beal can't replace. We almost become too perimeter oriented in that scenario. One or the other, but including both would be a tough decision

Comment

Deal

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          I feel like pretty much any scenario we get Beal, doesn't actually make us better. He is awesome, and in a vacuum he does. BUT, having to give up JV, Norm AND Pascal is crazy. Our two headed monster of JV, and Serge goes away. That was a big part of our early success.

Norm is just starting to pick it up, and I'm down for selling high on him, but he alone is not getting you Beal.

Finally, Pascal is just scratching at the service with his potential. His hustle is there, his speed and length you can't teach, his shot is better, his handle is better, but he is still improving. When the game starts to slow down for him, he is going to be dangerous. Beal already is, but giving all that up for him, I don't think is worth it.

Not to mention that bringing him in, takes away from Green's time on the floor and his +/- has been insane this year.

The only way I think it works to actually get better, which Washington will not go for, is a packaging up Norm, CJ, Monroe, and Wright. Works in trade machine but no way in real life (unless Masai really is a god)

Comment

Anyone check the Wizards board's reaction to this trade proposal?
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Anyone check the Wizards board's reaction to this trade proposal?
                              they are excited

That's cute
                              OG + Siakam + 2 1st rounders..

I'd rather trade Beal to the West if we're going to trade him though.

They definitely need to pay more then others if we're trading a 25yr old All Star in conference. Especially since we would be re tooling and not rebuilding with Wall on the team.
                              And why would we essentially help them get better? Sure they have nice young guys but if Leonard resigns the east is basically fucked,
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Deal

Replace Siakam with OG and JV with Serge. I don't care if it works, it's my fantasy dammit

Comment

Working...
                                X