Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #25: Denver Nuggets 106 (16-7) - Toronto Raptors 103 (20-5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inthepaint wrote: View Post
    Yeah that'd be nice. I know Boucher is technically a PF-C, but I wonder if they gave him some of CJ's minutes at SF how he would do.

Durant played a lot SF in OKC, and is about the same height as Boucher. I think if Boucher went down a position and didn't have to deal with big C's (or PF's), he would thrive. He's tall but he's too light to play C/PF. He would defend better then CJ, shoot the 3 better, while also being more effective in rebounding & blocking. It would kill CJ's confidence if he lost minutes to Boucher, so I'd think twice before doing it, but I think it would help the team...
    No need for Boucher to play SF. OG can do that and Boucher would play PF. But he's still raw, next year maybe.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Yeah that'd be nice. I know Boucher is technically a PF-C, but I wonder if they gave him some of CJ's minutes at SF how he would do.

Durant played a lot SF in OKC, and is about the same height as Boucher. I think if Boucher went down a position and didn't have to deal with big C's (or PF's), he would thrive. He's tall but he's too light to play C/PF. He would defend better then CJ, shoot the 3 better, while also being more effective in rebounding & blocking. It would kill CJ's confidence if he lost minutes to Boucher, so I'd think twice before doing it, but I think it would help the team...
      I mean no offense dude but you can't just randomly turn a tall skinny guy into a SF just because a top-15 all time hall of famer did it. Position depends on skillset as much as if not more than height, and there's no evidence Boucher has the handles or defense or BBIQ to play the three. Plus he turns 26 in January and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
        I mean no offense dude but you can't just randomly turn a tall skinny guy into a SF just because a top-15 all time hall of famer did it. Position depends on skillset as much as if not more than height, and there's no evidence Boucher has the handles or defense or BBIQ to play the three. Plus he turns 26 in January and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.
        He's not really an old dog. There's guys that have been in college for longer than he's played ball. Everything for him is a new trick. Having said that, he doesn't look like a SF.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Of course, in terms of BBIQ and skill there obviously no comparison between the two players (Boucher & Durant), just the tall/skinny frame; what I question now is that given how Miles is playing (on both ends), if Boucher would be a better defender and shooter on that position. Miles is not a ballhandler/playmaker either. Boucher (albeit only in the 905) has led fast breaks coast to coast handling the ball. There's no way to know unless it's tried in practice/games, but at least compared to this version of CJ, Boucher is taller, not much slower (he's lighter and 5 years younger), can shoot well from outside with confidence, can defend at least as well as Miles, and is a better shot blocker.

Not saying he should be a rotation piece on an important year like this, but in an positionless basketball era, I don't know if there are that many "new tricks" that he needs to learn in order to surpass CJ.
          Last edited by inthepaint; Mon Dec 3, 2018, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Of course, in terms of BBIQ and skill there obviously no comparison between the two players (Boucher & Durant), just the tall/skinny frame; what I question now is that given how Miles is playing (on both ends), if Boucher would be a better defender and shooter on that position. Miles is not a ballhandler/playmaker either. Boucher (albeit only in the 905) has led fast breaks coast to coast handling the ball. There's no way to know unless it's tried in practice/games, but at least compared to this version of CJ, Boucher is taller, not much slower (he's lighter and 5 years younger), can shoot well from outside with confidence, can defend at least as well as Miles, and is a better shot blocker.

Not saying he should be a rotation piece on an important year like this, but i an positionless basketball era, I don't know if there are that many "new tricks" that needs to learn in order to surpass CJ.
            Boucher is not really "positionless". He plays classic C role with 905. He screen and rolls, goes for offensive put backs and pick and pops on occasion. He handles once in a while in transition but it's not consistent thing with him. I don't know if he'll successed in that role with big club let alone in completely different position. I would look into bringing Jordan Loyd or Deng Abel or Malcolm Miller when he gets healthy before attempting Boucher as SF experiment.

Last edited by MixxAOR; Mon Dec 3, 2018, 01:07 AM.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Boucher is not really "positionless". He plays classic C role with 905. He screen and rolls, goes for offensive put backs and pick and pops on occasion. He handles once in a while in transition but it's not consistent thing with him. I don't know if he'll successed in that role with big club let alone in completely different position. I would look into bringing Jordan Loyd or Deng Abel or Malcolm Miller when he gets healthy before attempting Boucher as SF experiment.

I don't disagree with this, I think eventually Boucher will have to make a decision as to what direction he wants to take his body. He's a talented guy (probably too talented for the G-league), but doesn't have the physical weight to play PF/C in the NBA. So he will either have to bulk up significantly (at the risk of losing some of his agility) and try to make it at as PF/C, or he improves his handles and quickness and play one position down.

This process won't happen within a season, he will need a summer to work this out, but the point being is that there are a few players in the 905 now (including Boucher, Adel and a healthy Miller like you mentioned) that are not that far off from potentially being more NBA impactful then CJ currently.

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

tank full steam ahead

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

But he's a genius! LOL. Hoiberg is exhibit A when it comes to being wary of "genius" college coaches. $25,000,000 down the tubes....

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                      But he's a genius! LOL. Hoiberg is exhibit A when it comes to being wary of "genius" college coaches. $25,000,000 down the tubes....
                      Yes... he joins a long line of RR forum coaching genius's.

My personal favorite was the campaign for the can't miss why doesn't Masai hire him.... Kevin Ollie (currently unemployed)
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

So number 1 in the East... takes on number 1 in the west tonight at the Vault....

Thining that Lowry recovers from life saving back spasm treatment over the weekend and with a full complement of players (sans Norm) the Raps just clock the Nuggets tonight.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          Nba coaching I truly believe more than anything else is about managing people. You can have all the genius x and o playbooks and ideas you want, if you cant implement them and get everybody to buy in to your concept, they're not the worth the paper they're printed on.

In college and Jr sports youre at the mercy of your coach. He holds all the cards for your next step. The nba is the exact opposite, it's a players league where those kids are now millionaires with shoe contacts and guaranteed deals. That's the biggest change
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Nba coaching I truly believe more than anything else is about managing people. You can have all the genius x and o playbooks and ideas you want, if you cant implement them and get everybody to buy in to your concept, they're not the worth the paper they're printed on.

In college and Jr sports youre at the mercy of your coach. He holds all the cards for your next step. The nba is the exact opposite, it's a players league where those kids are now millionaires with shoe contacts and guaranteed deals. That's the biggest change
                            OKC Scott Brooks is the counter example - or at least an example where you need a minimum of both. Brooks is a players coach who was overly loyal to Kendrick Perkins to the point where he didn't recognize that he had the perfect modern NBA lineup when the Heat adjusted and went small in that OKC-MIA finals. 3 future MVPs + prime Ibaka in that lineup and the Brooks deferred to Kendrick Perkins. lol.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              OKC Scott Brooks is the counter example - or at least an example where you need a minimum of both. Brooks is a players coach who was overly loyal to Kendrick Perkins to the point where he didn't recognize that he had the perfect modern NBA lineup when the Heat adjusted and went small in that OKC-MIA finals. 3 future MVPs + prime Ibaka in that lineup and the Brooks deferred to Kendrick Perkins. lol.
                              Well, that's an example of a pushover. Managing people = getting them to buy in to the RIGHT thing, not just giving your 5 highest paid guys what they want
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

People constantly conflate personnel, management and coaching. Without defending Hoiberg, exactly what moves did the Bulls management make to help him succeed? Hoiberg is the fall guy for GarPax's questionable decisions. Maybe Hoiberg is a lousy NBA coach, maybe he isn't. But GarPax definitely set him up for failure. That's the way I see it.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X