2nd round gem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd round gem

I believe we have a 2nd round pick this year from Orlando. I believe Casey will get us another diamond in the rough in this year's draft. Some of the players I think will fall for us are

1) Issac Bonga - I like his game and his rating. Believed to be a mid first round pick but may fall to early 2nd round, his game reminds me of a CJ Miles but he has dribble. He played point guard back in the days and at 6'9, he could be a gem in the rough, maybe a poor man Giannis Antetokoumpo
    2) Rawle Alkins - He could be a Norman Powell 2.0, his a tough player with a nice stroke.
    3) Grayson Allen - If he falls for us, it would be great, his game reminds me of Nik Stauskas but I think his more of a JJ Redick or a Joe Harris type of player who would do well comes off the bench and provide us with another scorer
    4) Goga Bitadze - Diamond in the rough, a Jusuf Nurkic comparison on NBADraftnet but I believe he is Jokic or a better version of Alex Len, could be a decent backup C if JV is traded
    5) Arnoldas Kulboka - If JV is still around, he would want us draft another Lithuanian in the second round, a possible Danilo Galinari 2.0
    6) Jalen Brunson - His dad played for us, unless we want a third PG, I don't see why not give this guy a shot.

That pick was traded to Brooklyn as part of the Carroll deal. Our 2nd was traded to Phoenix for Tucker. Best you can hope for is buying a 2nd.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Summer 2018 the team is way over the cap and losing Bebe, Bruno, and FVV to UFA. 11 guys still under contract. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you'd be looking at adding one moderately useful player via MLE and anybody else coming on board is likely to end of the bench roster filler. Barring trades, of course, but if this year plays out well I wouldn't be surprised if they hold steady for next year. Keep working on the internal system improvements, DeMar is still improving, and you've got quite a few young guys you're expecting to keep getting better in Delon, OG, Poeltl, Siakam, and hopefully Powell.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        Summer 2018 the team is way over the cap and losing Bebe, Bruno, and FVV to UFA. 11 guys still under contract. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you'd be looking at adding one moderately useful player via MLE and anybody else coming on board is likely to end of the bench roster filler. Barring trades, of course, but if this year plays out well I wouldn't be surprised if they hold steady for next year. Keep working on the internal system improvements, DeMar is still improving, and you've got quite a few young guys you're expecting to keep getting better in Delon, OG, Poeltl, Siakam, and hopefully Powell.
        More likely they don't even consider using an MLE of any kind. They'll probably be into the tax, and will just use minimum signings to fill out the roster. That said, buying a 2nd rounder or two is a good way to get talent you might otherwise not get a shot at for the minimum. 3 signings - probably a minimum deal for one or both of Bruno/BeBe if they don't have other suitors, a second round pick or undrafted guy, and if still under 14 a vet depth signing (Vince maybe).
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
          I believe we have a 2nd round pick this year from Orlando. I believe Casey will get us another diamond in the rough in this year's draft. Some of the players I think will fall for us are
          Toronto doesn't currently have any picks for the 2018 draft.
          See: https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed

Comment

RDV wrote: View Post
            Toronto doesn't currently have any picks for the 2018 draft.
            See: https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed
            I love that reference.. use it all the time.

Comment

Working...
            X