Everything All-Star Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    I would also put Embiid over any C in the East. He can't help the absolute pile of garbage his franchise has around him, I'd be shocked if they even would have won a game yet without him there. He has singlehandedly had them very close against some very good teams.
    Philly won their last game on Sunday against Detroit without him. And they beat Wash on Nov 11th without him too. And those are 1/3 of their wins.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Majesiu wrote: View Post
      What about coach? Fan vote or let head coaches decide?
      I think team success should count to a degree, but not to the degree that Kyle Korver is somehow an All-Star.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
        I think team success should count to a degree, but not to the degree that Kyle Korver is somehow an All-Star.
        Kyle Korver was pretty awesome the year he was an all-star. Prior to the all star break he was shooting 50/50/90. He was only selected as an injury replacement from what I recall.

Comment

Majesiu wrote: View Post
          What about coach? Fan vote or let head coaches decide?
          I mean best coach is a matter of opinion. The best stat to give a coaches worth is win/loss, no? Its a bit different for a coach than a single player imo. Players have a role, coaches are in charge of every role.

Plenty of great players are on awful teams, I don't think they should be punished so that a player getting boosted by playing alongside a great player/roster can be an all star.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            I mean best coach is a matter of opinion. The best stat to give a coaches worth is win/loss, no? Its a bit different for a coach than a single player imo. Players have a role, coaches are in charge of every role.

Plenty of great players are on awful teams, I don't think they should be punished so that a player getting boosted by playing alongside a great player/roster can be an all star.
            How many "great players" are on awful teams?

Anthony Davis-yes. KAT is in his 2nd year it's not the same, durant couldn't win more than 32 games for 2 years. Demarcus cousins has been pretty thoroughly dissected here, and I guess John wall but he's not on of the 4 best guards in the east thus far anyway. That's it. The rest of the leagues top 20 are all comfortably in playoff spots.

I'm not comfortable putting a guy in who puts up empty stats night after night, but something is not working.
            The cream of the crop rise to the top
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Comment

I'd love to see us put in a 13th man/scrub in at Center. Like John Scott for the NHL ASG.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  I'd love to see us put in a 13th man/scrub in at Center. Like John Scott for the NHL ASG.
                  Bruno Caboclo #NBABallot

Comment

They should really make it 2 front court, 2 back court and one utility.. to make it really fair. Out West one of Curry, Westbrook and Harden is going to get boned.

Comment

IMO:

East:

Porzingis
                      LeBron
                      Giannis
                      DeRozan
                      Lowry

West:

Davis
                      Durant
                      Leonard
                      Harden
                      Westbrook
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                        interesting it will be neat to see if there is a big contrast in the voting (fans vs players vs media)

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                          interesting it will be neat to see if there is a big contrast in the voting (fans vs players vs media)
                          That part I'm actually most interested in. I'm actually glad for the change myself.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                            That part I'm actually most interested in. I'm actually glad for the change myself.
                            I'm on the fence. Media already have other places to vote, players recently started with their own awards, I think. Depends on the purpose of the ASG - if it's purely entertainment value for the customers of the product, there's nothing wrong with the current system. You're engaging your customers and the most popular players (entertainers) are being chosen. The coaches choosing reserves is a good failsafe for any gross negligence.

But if you want the ASG to be a more legit recognition for performance - at first glance that's great but then how are they not duplicating end of season awards? That's already the place for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team All-NBA + PoY awards. And the ASG seems more suited to pure fan entertainment, nobody's ever going to play defence, nobody really cares about the outcome, the whole show is just for the spectators.

They should maybe cut down on contractual bonuses tied to ASG appearances and tie those to end of season awards only. Let the ASG just be a showcase for the fans.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                              I'm on the fence. Media already have other places to vote, players recently started with their own awards, I think. Depends on the purpose of the ASG - if it's purely entertainment value for the customers of the product, there's nothing wrong with the current system. You're engaging your customers and the most popular players (entertainers) are being chosen. The coaches choosing reserves is a good failsafe for any gross negligence.

But if you want the ASG to be a more legit recognition for performance - at first glance that's great but then how are they not duplicating end of season awards? That's already the place for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team All-NBA + PoY awards. And the ASG seems more suited to pure fan entertainment, nobody's ever going to play defence, nobody really cares about the outcome, the whole show is just for the spectators.

They should maybe cut down on contractual bonuses tied to ASG appearances and tie those to end of season awards only. Let the ASG just be a showcase for the fans.
                              The fact that all-star game appearances end up on a players resume and are used to justify things like making it to the hall makes me agree with the changes. Too many players get too many unjustified all-star nods due to being popular IMO. Plus there are alot of games after the all-star break for players to make a run for all-nba awards and such. But I get your point.

Comment

More negative press for Kyrie, please: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...a-elite-guards

Really hope Lowry gets the start!
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X