Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Whats the quote?
    Don't recall exactly. It was from his Valentine's Day presser announcing the trade. Someone asked about the salary cap implications this summer with Lowry, Patterson and Ibaka contracts to consider. Masai basically said he'll worry about that in the summer.

Comment

I don't know why you're expecting Masai to confirm or deny anything when he answers questions.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
        I don't know why you're expecting Masai to confirm or deny anything when he answers questions.
        It's not like anyone was asking him about his online banking password. Why so reserved about an obvious issue?

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
          I like wolstat and Eric Smith. Koreen is OK, as long as Im reading and not listening to him.
          Blake busts his ass and will Lou is the guy I agree with most (as long as he's not talking to harsh).
          I like danh's columns but don't agree completely re:jv
          I think Lupe was a good voice of opposition but wonder if he got jeered out of the room? Differing opinions are good guys!
          I disagree. My opinion is the only one worth its weight in salt. And you have to agree with me because that's a different opinion than yours
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            It's not like anyone was asking him about his online banking password. Why so reserved about an obvious issue?
            I'm sure his team has worked out every scenario, but I'd bet the biggest decisions as far as who stays who goes, how much salary can they carry into next year depends on what happens in may. He has bosses too, and I can't imagine they'd be too enamored with having a luxury tax big 3 of dd KL and Ibaka, let alone patterson jv etc, with a first round exit.

On the other hand, if we push cleveland even more than last year, Masai could convince them to bring back the entire gang, carry a top 3 payroll with a heavy tax bill, and defeat 33 year old Lebron james in 2018 to become nba finalists.

Needless to say, this spring is massive to determine the rest of this decade of raptors basketball.

Comment

he basically said on TIm & Sid that he had full support from MLSE to go into the luxury tax this offseason. I'm sure that is dependent upon a playoff push, but I get the sense it's his call when it happens.

Comment

He needs everybody in the lockerroom to focus on the next couple of months, the summer is a distraction.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  he basically said on TIm & Sid that he had full support from MLSE to go into the luxury tax this offseason. I'm sure that is dependent upon a playoff push, but I get the sense it's his call when it happens.
                  Theres a difference between going IN to the luxury tax, and diving in head first into a eye popping tax bill. The latter would be the scenario if KL, Ibaka and 2Pat all come back at market value

Comment

Masai invariably answers any semi-difficult question with an "Honestly,.....". Taking the Seinfeld meme up top at full value...how should we take his total answer?

To be perfectly "honest" does it really matter whether he has or hasn't thought about the long term Ibaka signing (of course he has) just as Ibaka in his media presser yesterday said he hadn't thought about his free agency!! They seem to be both on the same page then, no? /some sarcasm.

Comment

Ibaka won't be receiving offers from Golden State, Cleveland, San Antonio or LA. We are likely the best team that will give him an offer. We can give him a 5th year that gives him security to age 33(or is it age 53). He's arrived in the city at the very end of winter so he'll experience sunshine and decent weather. Highly doubt he'll want to join a 4th team in just over a year, max offer or not.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        Ibaka was a lock as soon as the guys at the Star started writing that it wasn't happening. Not anything against the Star in particular, but TO beat writers are seemingly always the last to know anything - because they only have team sources, not league sources, and Ujiri's front office is leak proof.
                        A welcome change from the Colangelo era.

Comment

He's not talking offseason salary implications because he's not done trying to change the roster. If he's still talking trades, acknowledging concerns about salaries in July is not a good idea. Also, it's pretty clear he wants to see how the roster fits down the stretch and into the playoffs before even entertaining who will be brought back or not next year.
                          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Best GM/Prez in the game?

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                              Best GM/Prez in the game?
                              Pretty much. Toronto's lucky to have him (and Weltman, and Webster...)
                              Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

July 7th should be masai ujiri day in Toronto. Masai bobble-head day plz.

Comment

Working...
                                X