Game #38 Toronto Raptors 114 - Brooklyn Nets 113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Throwing shade on the Raptors medical staff that's among the best respected in the entire league.
    Kawhi Leonard has partial tear in left shoulder. I was just thinking this morning how healthy the Raptors have been overall. Fingers crossed.
    Go Raptors!

Comment

Comment

I was watching the end of the Brooklyn/Boston game. Dinwiddie loves going ISO late in the game. Wonder how many times he got fouled? Carroll hurt his knee trying to rebound the ball. Would have liked to play against him one time.. oh well.

Brooklyn loves shooting the ball.. they just aren't good at it. Only way the Raps lose is if they perform like they did against LAC or Dallas.. where they just go cold through out the game. At that point I hope they unleash JV again.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          I was watching the end of the Brooklyn/Boston game. Dinwiddie loves going ISO late in the game. Wonder how many times he got fouled? Carroll hurt his knee trying to rebound the ball. Would have liked to play against him one time.. oh well.

Brooklyn loves shooting the ball.. they just aren't good at it. Only way the Raps lose is if they perform like they did against LAC or Dallas.. where they just go cold through out the game. At that point I hope they unleash JV again.
          Casey usually responds to any great outing (or even stretches) by JV by inexplicably gluing him to the bench and once again, refusing to run the odd play for him....

Comment

Trade chatter from Woj. Weird that teams are targeting Carroll but that may have changed after his injury.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...an-wojnarowski

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Trade chatter from Woj. Weird that teams are targeting Carroll but that may have changed after his injury.

"At his age, he's one of the best basketball players that has played this game." Paul George on Lonzo ball

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

We need a trade deadline thread. Ilyasova would be a nice, low-key veteran pickup for the Raps.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  We need a trade deadline thread. Ilyasova would be a nice, low-key veteran pickup for the Raps.
                  I'm not sure if we need another role player. Shooters are always nice, but then we have to find minutes for them. CJ is only getting about 18-19 minutes a game, and he's going to be better than anyone that's out there. Personally I'd prefer that we get a draft pick so that we can stuff our cupboards with more assets and make a big splash this summer when we have our TPE and the hard cap lifted.

Like trading Bebe for a pick. He's been useful but I don't see him having any role in the playoffs.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    Exactly the type of player that Casey would insert into the starting lineup, for no apparent reason.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Like trading Bebe for a pick. He's been useful but I don't see him having any role in the playoffs.
                      Until Jonas gets insured again.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Exactly the type of player that Casey would insert into the starting lineup, for no apparent reason.
                        Sure, but Ilyasova is a good all-around player. And we're going to need more shooting in the playoffs when opposing team's exploit Pascal's complete lack of a serviceable jump-shot. His energy won't be as big a factor in the playoffs as it is in the regular season. I'm okay with bringing in another veteran shooter, even if Casey gonna Case.

Comment

Even then, though, right? Would we play BeBe as part of the regular rotation even then, or would rotations be shrunk enough to have Poeltl/Ibaka take all the C minutes? BeBe might get some time if there is a) an injury AND b) foul trouble.

That said, I'd be shocked if a team was willing to trade a pick for BeBe.

I could however see Masai moving BeBe for some veteran help. For example, if MEM sells on Tyreke Evans, and they can't find someone willing to give up a pick for him, maybe a young RFA big like BeBe would be a decent get for them. Salaries match. And with them likely selling Gasol next summer, they could use some youth infused, even if BeBe is hitting FA - I doubt he'd be getting huge offers anywhere with his limited playing time in his career so far. And the downside isn't much for the Raps, with them unlikely to even submit a QO to BeBe this summer because of tax concerns.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We have redundancy with Ibaka and Poeltl already. Depth is fine in the regular season, but is it really critical in the playoffs?

If he's not part of our future then I'd prefer to get some type of asset for him before its too late.

Comment

Good points about Ibaka/Yak carrying the load (in the event of a JV injury).

In this scenario, maybe there's room for Ilyasova in the PF rotation, after all.

Comment

Who would we trade for Ilyasova though? If they are willing to pay the tax, it's easy (for example, Bebe for Ily works under the hard cap). If not, though (and I'm not sure I would for Ilyasova), it's a lot harder to make his 6M salary fit. He's a more likely target for the March waiver period, sign him to a minimum deal for the stretch run.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X