No announcement yet.

Game #38 Toronto Raptors 114 - Brooklyn Nets 113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps could have killed Brooklyn if they played ball movement.

I get Demar has the hot hand, but this team is reverting back to the ISO.. which works with most teams, the challenge now will be CLE and GS and SA coming up.

If you watched the GS game back in November, the ball movement, especially the 2nd unit really brought the Raps back in the game. Then Demar and Lowry went ISO at the end and Raps lost... elite teams like GS has lock down defence, you really need the ball movement to beat these guys or else your toast... ISO is a prayer to beat the elite teams.

Comment

• Miami will be tough on the b2b. They're on a pretty good run, they've been beating mostly weaker teams but still dangerous.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Game's like these shake my confidence in the "culture reset". Nets had a nice game-plan for defending the Raps and we responded by surrounding our primary ball handler (DeMar) with 3 additional ball-handlers (Lowry, FVV, Delon), 2 of whom are not even great shooters. Should have had OG in there for defense, rebounding and stretching the floor and trusted the offense. Instead, we opted for ball-handling overkill to trying to close it out too early. Casey's been decent overall this season, but this game never should have went to overtime. FVV clearly didn't have it, and Casey tried force fit him into a game he didn't belong in.
        Casey has shown the ability to change a bit this year and I'm certainly not in the lineup calling for him to be fired yet, but on the very broadcast where the talking heads were touting him for coach of the month(year?) he shows his stubborn inability to use lineups that reflect the actual game situation vs a stubborn and predictable and ineffective one.

This loss would have been on him but they bailed him out (again).

On the injury front, I hope Kyle is only out a few games but better he fully heals than playing on one leg (or back) ineffectively as we've seen in the past. Heal well Kyle.

Go Raps. Beat Miami is the only thing that should be on your mind. I bet players wish it was in FL this time of year

Comment

• Sure hoping for good news for kyle today. If he misses multiple weeks or more I think almost it's bye bye 1st seed
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DD most 35 pt games in Raptor history now. Bye bye another quitter record

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              RR medical staff...would this be an Upper or Lower body injury. At least we get something...the NHL are patently ridiculous about how they comment on injuries.
              They have to be ominous in NHL because you don't want other teams to target the body part that's hurt.

Comment

• This game was dumb. So dumb. I don't even know where to start.

Hopefully Lowry doesn't miss too much time, but also hopefully they give him more time off than he technically needs. Lots of time to get back into peak form before the playoffs.

Interested to see how Wright plays with the starters. He's only had 11 minutes with DD/SI/JV and no other PG on the floor this year. Wright and OG together should be an interesting boost to the starters' defence as well.

Of course, knowing Casey, he'll go and start FVV just to screw with me.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  This game was dumb. So dumb. I don't even know where to start.

Hopefully Lowry doesn't miss too much time, but also hopefully they give him more time off than he technically needs. Lots of time to get back into peak form before the playoffs.

Interested to see how Wright plays with the starters. He's only had 11 minutes with DD/SI/JV and no other PG on the floor this year. Wright and OG together should be an interesting boost to the starters' defence as well.

Wright PnR with JV

*drool*
                  OG is our king

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Game's like these shake my confidence in the "culture reset". Nets had a nice game-plan for defending the Raps and we responded by surrounding our primary ball handler (DeMar) with 3 additional ball-handlers (Lowry, FVV, Delon), 2 of whom are not even great shooters. Should have had OG in there for defense, rebounding and stretching the floor and trusted the offense. Instead, we opted for ball-handling overkill to trying to close it out too early. Casey's been decent overall this season, but this game never should have went to overtime. FVV clearly didn't have it, and Casey tried force fit him into a game he didn't belong in.
                    I will agree that Casey's love for having a ton of ball handlers on the floor to end games needs to stop. Especially if they can't shoot because it just causes us to end up going ISO more often than not
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Haven't seen any real new med report on Kyle this morning.
                      Have to simply focus on Miami first and see what happens after another W....

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        This game was dumb. So dumb. I don't even know where to start.

Van Vleet closing close games HAS to end. It just has to. He wasn't even playing well last night and he STILL got to close. Casey always has to find a way to fall in love with a player that he shouldn't. It's so annoying
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Comment

• Hallelujah, that sounds like good news to me. Give him as much time off as he needs, it's a long season.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bruised tailbone? fuck that sucks but could be worse.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

That's good. I thought he broke that mofo.

Comment

Working...
                                X