X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Cousins has way too many issues.

https://streamable.com/8qr8z
    I agree that’s why I said he comes with a heavy baggage.

But maybe he needs another alpha, Lowry is the guy.

Ujiri can be the alpha off the court.

Both Derozan and Lowry are his Olympics teammates so that’s a bonus.

Brendan Malone was able to control him, unfortunately Sacramento ownership were so dumb to fire Malone.

Surrounding him with the right people may make him straight.

The only question is whether NO is willing to trade him.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
      I agree that’s why I said he comes with a heavy baggage.

But maybe he needs another alpha, Lowry is the guy.

Ujiri can be the alpha off the court.

Both Derozan and Lowry are his Olympics teammates so that’s a bonus.

Brendan Malone was able to control him, unfortunately Sacramento ownership were so dumb to fire Malone.

Surrounding him with the right people may make him straight.

The only question is whether NO is willing to trade him.
      It's time to call a spade a spade. He doesn't understand what it takes to win. We need to look for somebody else
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Why on earth would the Pelicans move Cousins? They are all in on the super front court they've built. They are probably really confident in re-signing him too, because all that baggage should shrink his market significantly.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          It's time to call a spade a spade. He doesn't understand what it takes to win. We need to look for somebody else
          DanH wrote: View Post
          Why on earth would the Pelicans move Cousins? They are all in on the super front court they've built. They are probably really confident in re-signing him too, because all that baggage should shrink his market significantly.
          Why I consider Cousins as the best complement to Lowry and Derozan.

All in move, nothing else because if we are just being honest here and not fooling ourselves, Raptors are not getting past Cleveland. Developing our young guys is fine and dandy but we are developing them not to take the mantle but to increase their value so we can include them as kickers to a big salary player (JV) to seal a deal.

But I agree with Dan, I’m just talking out loud a pipe dream because New Orleans may not deal him.

Comment

• Yeah Cousins was one that would only be an option if the Pelicans were well outside of the playoffs. They're above .500 and look like they'll make the playoffs unless the Clippers really pick things up in the 2nd half of the season.

The guys that there is incentive for their teams to trade are Gasol and DJ. Pelicans will make the playoffs, then pay Cousins what it takes to keep him.

I do agree with the Claw though that Cousins would raise our ceiling the most of those three, but also has the lowest floor in terms of potentially causing disruption. But we're not getting him.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              Yeah Cousins was one that would only be an option if the Pelicans were well outside of the playoffs. They're above .500 and look like they'll make the playoffs unless the Clippers really pick things up in the 2nd half of the season.

The guys that there is incentive for their teams to trade are Gasol and DJ. Pelicans will make the playoffs, then pay Cousins what it takes to keep him.

I do agree with the Claw though that Cousins would raise our ceiling the most of those three, but also has the lowest floor in terms of potentially causing disruption. But we're not getting him.
              Either DeAndre Jordan/ Marc Gasol/ or Mirotic can be great addition but each one of them have flaws in their games so maybe they can move one tick of the needle but is it enough for us to get past the Cavs in a seven game series ? .... I still have my doubts.

So trading a young JV and some of our young guys like OG for either one of them is a too steep of a price.

Comment

• Knowing Ujiri who always aim to win a deal, he may just hang up the phone if these respective teams would ask for OG as a kicker, though would stay connected if Cousins is the main subject.

OG IMO is Ujiri’s wild card to seal a deal but it has to be the right one for him to come on top

Comment

• I wouldn't include OG in any deal for Gasol (too old) or DJ (expiring).

Which also means we won't get them since Powell can't be moved (and has tanked his value by playing like crap all year anyway) and we have no picks to trade.

Think it'll be the offseason before we can make any type of move, at which point guys might not be available (DJ would no longer be an option then obviously) and we're hoping for no decline again from Ibaka/Lowry/DD for next year.

I've been trying to be optimistic but it's looking like Boston is going to take the #1 seed AND possibly have the fucking #1 pick again in the draft. Just so frustrating how many more options and how much more flexibility and potential they have than us.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    I wouldn't include OG in any deal for Gasol (too old) or DJ (expiring).

Which also means we won't get them since Powell can't be moved (and has tanked his value by playing like crap all year anyway) and we have no picks to trade.

Think it'll be the offseason before we can make any type of move, at which point guys might not be available (DJ would no longer be an option then obviously) and we're hoping for no decline again from Ibaka/Lowry/DD for next year.

I've been trying to be optimistic but it's looking like Boston is going to take the #1 seed AND possibly have the fucking #1 pick again in the draft. Just so frustrating how many more options and how much more flexibility and potential they have than us.
                    I think Boston can have no.2 to 6, but yes Ainge is a lucky SOB.

There are players from the next draft who can be generational talents, fuck me.

I’ve watched their games (league pass) and for some reason, they are so damn lucky with 50/50 balls and most breaks of the game go their way.

Good Karma I guess after Hayward’s injury.
                    Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Wed Jan 10, 2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• If I'm miles, I'm starting to get annoyed. Like..no lowry, then no ibaka (translation: no shooting), in a game where we couldn't Make any, guys with tired legs, he's already 3/5, and cj can't even crack 20 min?? Nothing in the 4th? Instead we got freddy vanvleet hero ball.

If I'm miles I'm looking around going "I'm an established vet, masai brought me here as a hired gun, and I'm behind this bum powell? (I mean I know he's not a bum but he sure has been since miles got here). He's watching siakam, powell, fred and brown take care of things. So basically he's just relief for guys that need a breather. I get his defense is kind of a liability but man did we need a shot maker last night
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        If I'm miles, I'm starting to get annoyed. Like..no lowry, then no ibaka (translation: no shooting), in a game where we couldn't Make any, guys with tired legs, he's already 3/5, and cj can't even crack 20 min?? Nothing in the 4th? Instead we got freddy vanvleet hero ball.

If I'm miles I'm looking around going "I'm an established vet, masai brought me here as a hired gun, and I'm behind this bum powell? (I mean I know he's not a bum but he sure has been since miles got here). He's watching siakam, powell, fred and brown take care of things. So basically he's just relief for guys that need a breather. I get his defense is kind of a liability but man did we need a shot maker last night
                        His defense though is really shit. He gets foul 1 minuter after he gets into the game.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          I agree that the bigs should have rebounded better, but against huge monsters like Whiteside, sometimes the game plan is for the bigs to just box out like mad and the team to rebound by committee. Now, whether they did that well enough is certainly up for debate, especially with regard to Poeltl, who got destroyed by Bam.
                          They didn't rebound well but what struck me was the total lack of 2nd effort. Ball can be tipped around but there's no heart to GO GET IT. Bebe and especially Poeltl are really really soft. I want a guy who says that's MY ball and absolutely rips it away from the opposition, especially on the defensive glass where there's simply no excuse for a lack of effort

Comment

• Was meaning to say last night: Erik spoelstra super underrated coach. We still don't give him enough credit in the post lebron era, always getting more wins than the roster looks on paper. I think he's top 5
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                              I think Boston can have no.2 to 6, but yes Ainge is a lucky SOB.

There are players from the next draft who can be generational talents, fuck me.

I’ve watched their games (league pass) and for some reason, they are so damn lucky with 50/50 balls and most breaks of the game go their way.h

Good Karma I guess after Hayward’s injury.
                              it would seem, especially at this time of the year, EVERY draft is the deepest and most talented ever.

Beware the hype sir.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• The Raps against Brooklyn had 9 secs to draw a winning play. NINE. They ended up with forced, tough, fadeaway shot from DeRozan. DeRozan caught the ball with 2 secs left smh.

The Heat last night had 3 secs to draw a winning play. They got a layup.

I've been sayin this for years now. Spoelstra is a top 5 coach in this league. I don't understand why he doesn't get the love like some of the other young coaches in this league gets.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X