Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #31: Raptors (23-7) @ Trailblazers (15-13); Friday, Dec. 14th at 10pm on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey wrote: View Post
    It's been fixed. We're good.
    Y'all remember what happened when DanH deleted his thread? Uh oh...

Comment

Kawhi #2 on the NBA.com MVP ladder

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/12/1...ollection=news

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
        That's funny, mostly getting credit for high profile Raptors wins he wasn't even playing in.

If the Raps lose the last two games I'd bet some money Kawhi wouldn't be #2 on there.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

OT from CBS Sports: bwahahahahahahahh

The Philadelphia 76ers are 10-3 since they made the blockbuster trade to acquire Jimmy Butler from the Minnesota Timberwolves a month ago. Despite their winning ways, however, everything is not OK in Philly. That's because franchise superstar Joel Embiid is not happy.

Embiid didn't play in the Sixers' win over the Detroit Pistons on Friday night due to rest, but his issue isn't with being held out. According to the man himself, he's frustrated with his role since the Butler trade. In an interview with the Philadelphia Inquirer, Embiid voiced frustration with the way head coach Brett Brown is using him on offense, which he feels includes too much time on the perimeter.

"I haven't been myself lately," Embiid told the Philadelphia Inquirer on Friday. "I think it's mainly because of the way I've been used, which is I'm being used as a spacer, I guess, a stretch five, which I'm only shooting (29) percent (from the 3-point line).

"But it seems like the past couple games, like with the way I play, our setup, (Brown) always has me starting on the perimeter ... and it just really frustrates me. My body feels great, and it's just I haven't been playing well."

While nearly everyone agreed that the Sixers' decision to trade for Butler was a worthwhile risk to take, there were wide-ranging concerns about how everything would work out. So far, there's been little trouble on the court, as their recent run of form shows. In fact, Butler already has two game-winning shots since coming over from Minnesota.

As Embiid's quotes show though, everything has apparently not been fine off the court. The big man has always been one to speak his mind, and it's not surprising to hear him vent about whatever frustrations he's feeling. But the fact that he's already publicly voicing frustrations about his role playing alongside Butler is not a great sign.

The Sixers made this trade with re-signing Butler to a long-term deal in mind, which means they hope the two will be playing together for years to come. It's going to be a tough task to keep all three of Embiid, Butler and Ben Simmons happy, but the Sixers need to smooth this problem over quickly before it spirals into something bigger.

Comment

Kyle is questionable

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              Kyle is questionable
              it's good old DNP-OLD
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                What an insult to Lowry.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                  That's funny, mostly getting credit for high profile Raptors wins he wasn't even playing in.

If the Raps lose the last two games I'd bet some money Kawhi wouldn't be #2 on there.
                  The nba.com ladder is a joke. I prefer the bbref
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I think fury is a guy, actually. But I see why you'd think that
                    Whatever happened to lil mamba? She probably had a heart attack when DeRozan got traded
                    OG is our king

Comment

The nba.com ladder is a joke. I prefer the bbref
                      With you on that one and it even made me do a quick look over to see what that one looks like. Kawhi's #2 and Lowry's #8.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

Kawhi MVP chances are pretty much gone at this point. steph got penalized for missing Like 10 games a few years ago. kl gonna end up missing 15+ if Lakers get a top 4 seed in this stacked west LeBron got the award locked up.
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Kawhi MVP chances are pretty much gone at this point. steph got penalized for missing Like 10 games a few years ago. kl gonna end up missing 15+ if Lakers get a top 4 seed in this stacked west LeBron got the award locked up.
                          It'll be close between James and Giannis.

James should win it though. The Lakers team is so bad after Lebron. And I totally agree.. if he can get top 4 seed in the West, it's a lock for him.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Kyle is questionable
                            Given the fanbase here, that could be on his Raptors epitaph

Comment

You guys are really gonna call the mvp race 35% thru the season aight then
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

You guys are really gonna call the mvp race 35% thru the season aight then
                                Not calling the winner. just calling that kawhis gonna be out of the running with the amount of games hes gonna miss.Steph got crucified for missing 10 game and kawhis almost missed that many 35% in.
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X