No announcement yet.

Are we overvaluing OG as a prospect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree he is overrated he defence is ok he doesn’t have long arms.

Comment

Otto Porter, with slightly better D, is a realistic expectation. Before he got paid, that is.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
        I agree he is overrated he defence is ok he doesn’t have long arms.
        Huge wingspan. Something like 7-3.

Comment

OG, FVV, Norm, Delon are all fine. Were mostly heroes last year, they have not gotten worse. They've been getting written about around here like they're Joey Graham or Jamario Moon. They aren't.

Young guys will have some ups and downs, roster and rotation changes and injury issues have thrown guys off a bit and that's all. You don't give up on solid players every couple months depending on latest trends.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

OG is adapting to playing way less minutes and being in-n-out of the lineup. I'd give him a pass for now.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              Huge wingspan. Something like 7-3.
              Humm maybe it’s his foot work

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                Humm maybe it’s his foot work
                Or maybe you're just wrong and need to chill. The boy is 21 in his second year, he'll be just fine. It should only be a worry or a problem for people who thought he would be an all star or superstar player like Kawhi. He is most likely not going to be that and that should have never been the expectation. A solid 3 and D guy who can play the 3 and the 4 and maybe even become a consistent starter on a good team in this league is good enough for me. Now if you can get an all star in a package for him go ahead but other than that I wouldn't give up on him that easily. Especially knowing how good our development team is.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                  Or maybe you're just wrong and need to chill. The boy is 21 in his second year, he'll be just fine. It should only be a worry or a problem for people who thought he would be an all star or superstar player like Kawhi. He is most likely not going to be that and that should have never been the expectation. A solid 3 and D guy who can play the 3 and the 4 and maybe even become a consistent starter on a good team in this league is good enough for me. Now if you can get an all star in a package for him go ahead but other than that I wouldn't give up on him that easily. Especially knowing how good our development team is.
                  Maybe you are right right now he is playing out of his comfort zone. That much is clear

Comment

He needs a offseason off ball handling and foot work.

Comment

I'm not sure who I was hoping OG would be, but I'd be happy if he ends up as a really good or better version of Bruce Bowen. Solid defender, good spot of 3pt shooter with the ability to start and come off the bench.

As others have mentioned he may not be reaching expectations this season due to his father passing away, and being in and out of the line-up, but playing along side Kawhi has also hurt/slowed down his development imo.

Comment

Massive role-player potential already getting rotation minutes on a contender as a sophomore. Looks fine to me.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          I'm not sure who I was hoping OG would be, but I'd be happy if he ends up as a really good or better version of Bruce Bowen. Solid defender, good spot of 3pt shooter with the ability to start and come off the bench.

As others have mentioned he may not be reaching expectations this season due to his father passing away, and being in and out of the line-up, but playing along side Kawhi has also hurt/slowed down his development imo.
                          Not sure yet what OG is going to be... Its just his second year...

His first year was played with a slight bit of hesitancy due to recovery from the ACL.
                          Second year with a clean bill of health started really really well and then he had his father pass away... He is the youngest. Its hard for the youngest.

He checks the boxes Ujiri hunts for .. solid character, great athlete, dedicated and focused work ethic, length and can he can play multiple positions.

Players develop at varying rates....

OG isn't going anywhere.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

He is 21 years old, that recently lost his father and is playing on a 2nd unit which has been dysfunctional all season long.

OG is still a great prospect, lets not forget Siakam is 3 years older & had a disappointing playoffs last season (which some of you already panicked & written him off).

Comment

Working...
                            X