Game #12: Toronto Raptors 94 - Boston Celtics 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    C'mon, you may not like the constant iso and jump shots but DD is deadly from there .....
    DanH wrote: View Post
    DeMar is literally shooting exactly 40% on 10-15 foot jumpers this year. He's shooting 33% on isolation possessions this year.
    And as I mentioned in another thread, I'm sure the numbers look even worse in crunch time, and on the road.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      And as I mentioned in another thread, I'm sure the numbers look even worse in crunch time, and on the road.
      He's at 50% in crunch time FG% this year (as ever, with current year stats SSS warning applies), but I can't find a way to filter by shot location.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• not excuse. But fuuuuuuuuck
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Oh, I don't recall mentioning the 4th Q play in my post. Of course that's not new, man alive, I've been one of the loudest to criticize starting lineups, end of game lineups, general rotations, turtling with leads, and isolation in the clutch for the duration of this core. Anyway, the 3rd Q was the biggest issue in this game, not the 4th (which was also an issue and a lost opportunity to capitalize on BOS going cold).

I do recall explicitly talking about the poor effort (mostly in the aforementioned 3rd Q when no one on the team played any defence and only Miles getting hot right at the end saved the Raps from a big deficit), which is a recent trend but not one we've seen like this before with a Casey team (maybe the 14-15 team late in the season, but Lowry was damaged goods for most of that). This game, WAS, SAS and DEN. That's 4 of our 5 losses where the team just didn't show up to play for large chunks of the game. Motivation is supposed to be the one thing we can rely on Casey for - he gets his players to play for him. A big reason for the FireCasey calls getting loud in 14-15 was not just the team skidding defensively due to that insane system, but the team clearly giving up on him and not playing hard anymore. I hope these are just blips on the radar in the early season, but if this becomes a trend all year long, I'm not sure what the fix is.
          I'm also not convinced these early season issues are here to stay (they may be and they may not be, we'll see), but if trends continue this has to be the year Masai finally looks at replacing Casey? He's locked into his core guys. I'd guess he's still open to a JV trade, but wouldn't be sure that would be a course changer.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            I'm also not convinced these early season issues are here to stay (they may be and they may not be, we'll see), but if trends continue this has to be the year Masai finally looks at replacing Casey? He's locked into his core guys. I'd guess he's still open to a JV trade, but wouldn't be sure that would be a course changer.
            they were here to stay all last season, why wouldn't they be here to stay now?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

not excuse. But fuuuuuuuuck
              I never understood the purpose of releasing these 2 minute reports. It is just for transparency?

Comment

I never understood the purpose of releasing these 2 minute reports. It is just for transparency?
                In most instances, they're there for the nba to rub salt in the Raptor wounds
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LOL!

Comment

LOL!

It doesn't count if he misses the shot
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                      Also, I know everything, and am the best, and also, I can dunk.
                      Maybe donuts....
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Knicks up 12 on cleveland and getting in Lebron's face for his Dennis Smith Jr comments. Nice intensity and pride from the Knicks.

Reminded me of last year's playoffs when Lebron pretended to drink a beer and spun the ball in from of Ibaka and no one did shit.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          Knicks up 12 on cleveland and getting in Lebron's face for his Dennis Smith Jr comments. Nice intensity and pride from the Knicks.

Reminded me of last year's playoffs when Lebron pretended to drink a beer and spun the ball in from of Ibaka and no one did shit.
                          Who's that guy

Comment

If they listed a 48 minute report they'd run out of paper? The refs could call a foul or infraction on every possession if they chose to do so.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              Maybe donuts....
                              Mmmmmmmmmmmmm........donuts.........

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                                Knicks up 12 on cleveland and getting in Lebron's face for his Dennis Smith Jr comments. Nice intensity and pride from the Knicks.

Kristaps is looking like a legit superstar and MVP candidate which is insane considering he's still so young.

I also like Ntilikina's potential with his passing, 3pt touch and mostly his great defensive instincts in combination with his length. I just said this in another thread but really in a way it's too bad for the Knicks that KP is beasting as much as he is because they needed one more good young piece on the wing to really be something in the future.

With KP starting to go off now, they'll likely get back in the Playoffs very soon if not this year which means the future is going to be dependent on Frank and KP's growth, as we know 2 players aren't enough....you need at least a trifecta to get it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X