Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #42 Pacers (26-12) @ Raptors (29-12) Sunday January 6th 2019 SN1 900(St Johns) 830(Halifax) 730(Toronto) 630(Winnipeg) 530(Calgary) 430(Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inthepaint wrote: View Post
    The message was that even with Giannis going for 43 pts 18 boards (60% for 3), we beat them, on the road, without our startinng point guard, with 4 players scoring over 20pts, and smothering defence that completely dismantled Budenholzers offece scheme on the second half. This was a statement win against the best team in the league right now.
    Exactly.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

It's probably going to be an L with no Kawhi and no Lowry after emotional win.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        Time to showcase OG as a starting SF before the deadline. Hopefully he respond so Ujiri can net a better return if he ever trade him.
        Do you really think that's how it works?

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
          What message? that they beat a tired Milwaukee team playing in the 2nd game of a back to back? that they needed Siakam's career high and all of Kawhi's 38 mins to do it?
          The message that in the playoffs, the starters play 90% of the minutes in the game. There are never back to back games in the playoffs. Seeding certainly counts but history has shown, specifically for the raptors and generally for the conference, being the better team usually trumps seeding (unless you’re Bradley Beal). This feels very weird, after years of chasing the 1 seed, to see the Raps play the long game but it makes sense

Comment

What message? that they beat a tired Milwaukee team playing in the 2nd game of a back to back? that they needed Siakam's career high and all of Kawhi's 38 mins to do it?
            GTFO. Nobody of importance on the Bucks, Giannis included played more than 20 minutes the night before due to the massive blowout. They were fresh as daisies. Take your asterisk and blow it out your

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
              GTFO. Nobody of importance on the Bucks, Giannis included played more than 20 minutes the night before due to the massive blowout. They were fresh as daisies. Take your asterisk and blow it out your
              Exactly. And they definitely didn't play like a group of guys who were tired that's for sure. Most of them are young enough players anyway, they can handle back to backs.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                Goldblum, Fury is the same guy who treats every Raps loss like the end of the world. You know his schtick by now....

Comment

Tired? lol. Giannis played 19 minutes vs. the Hawks, which means he had a perfect tune-up practice the day before. Giannis played 40 last night.

The message sent to the *ucks was pretty clear: We can beat you on your homecourt, even without any semblance of a bench whatsoever. And that depth problem is going to be fixed when JV/Lowry get back. If Lowry did't score zero points and Kawhi played the first game in Milwaukee, we could be up 3-0 in the season series. TBH, if I was the Bucks I trade some of their depth for another star.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    Tired? lol. Giannis played 19 minutes vs. the Hawks, which means he had a perfect tune-up practice the day before. Giannis played 40 last night.

The message sent to the *ucks was pretty clear: We can beat you on your homecourt, even without any semblance of a bench whatsoever. And that depth problem is going to be fixed when JV/Lowry get back. If Lowry did't score zero points and Kawhi played the first game in Milwaukee, we could be up 3-0 in the season series. TBH, if I was the Bucks I trade some of their depth for another star.
                    Agreed. Our bench did literally nothing like actually nothing and we still won WITHOUT Kyle and JV on the road lol. We also showed we can defend them. We defended the 3 perfectly. It seemed like they didn't take as many 3's as they usually would and that's probably the best way to stop their 3s, take them away completely. Because as long as they're taking them they're probably gonna shoot a high percentage.

Comment

A little bit disappointing that Kawhi still isnt playing b2b. This game could prove crucial down the stretch..
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

hate to be a negative nancy buttttt dont see a W tonight

Comment

It is unreasonable how much the raptors playing well affects my mood the next day

Comment

be prepared for tonight

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                              Agreed. Our bench did literally nothing like actually nothing and we still won WITHOUT Kyle and JV on the road lol. We also showed we can defend them. We defended the 3 perfectly. It seemed like they didn't take as many 3's as they usually would and that's probably the best way to stop their 3s, take them away completely. Because as long as they're taking them they're probably gonna shoot a high percentage.
                              On the flip side, Giannis is scary AF. You know, watching the game it feels like we slowed him down a lot, but then I look at the boxscore and see he's 'quietly' putting up almost a: 45/20/5. Sheesh.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                                On the flip side, Giannis is scary AF. You know, watching the game it feels like we slowed him down a lot, but then I look at the boxscore and see he's 'quietly' putting up almost a: 45/20/5. Sheesh.
                                Right! And we definitely guarded him as best as you could. He did get a lot of his point against our bench though. OG couldn't handle him and kept fouling him.

Comment

Working...
                                X