Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Just an avid Raptors fan my friend. Next game tomorrow at 11am for all you slackers out there.
    Haha all good.

In all honesty I hope he has a good showing next preseason, think that's the final serious look they give him at this level.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Haha all good.

In all honesty I hope he has a good showing next preseason, think that's the final serious look they give him at this level.
      Are you sure that they'll resign him this summer so that there is a preseason for him to show his stuff? I thought his contract was up this season and the Raptors did not pick up either BeBe or Bruno's options.

Comment

• RDV wrote: View Post
        Are you sure that they'll resign him this summer so that there is a preseason for him to show his stuff? I thought his contract was up this season and the Raptors did not pick up either BeBe or Bruno's options.
        The Raptors picked up every option they could on Bruno and BeBe. But they didn't sign either to an extension. They can still extend a qualifying offer to either or both next spring to ensure they are RFA. I expect they will let both walk (or at least go to UFA), unless there is a significant trade that changes things.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Haha all good.

I do to. A player with his size, athleticism and shooting stroke combined with that length....man it's hard to give up on that potential. And I'm not even thinking along the lines of Giannis where if he ever puts it all together you have the making of an elite player. Just his physical gifts alone could make him a really good 3&D type role player. Our team could use that

Comment

• Judging from the box score, Bruno and the 905 had an extremely rough first half this morning.

Comment

• At least Stackhouse saw fit to keep him on the floor (38 min), finishing +3 over those minutes. Maybe his defence wasn’t horrible?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                I do to. A player with his size, athleticism and shooting stroke combined with that length....man it's hard to give up on that potential. And I'm not even thinking along the lines of Giannis where if he ever puts it all together you have the making of an elite player. Just his physical gifts alone could make him a really good 3&D type role player. Our team could use that
                All comes back to BBIQ. What’s all he tools in the world if you don’t have a toolbox. Last preseason was pivotal for him because the only way he can prove to be NBA ready is by playing vs NBA players. He blew his chance this year, which was a shame because out of camp their was a need for a 3/4, which might not be there next year

Comment

• Call me crazy but I think Masai finds a creative way to re-sign him on the cheap. Stackhouse is working him hard, and he’s looking more and more like a player almost every time I see him on the court. With no draft pick, I really doubt Masai is eager to give up on his project just as he’s two months from being two months away.

Comment

Call me crazy but I think Masai finds a creative way to re-sign him on the cheap. Stackhouse is working him hard, and he’s looking more and more like a player almost every time I see him on the court. With no draft pick, I really doubt Masai is eager to give up on his project just as he’s two months from being two months away.
                    I don't think he even needs to get creative does he? Bruno will likely receive one nba offer (us)if at all. If he wants to end the dream early to go play in China or something, go nuts I guess.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      I don't think he even needs to get creative does he? Bruno will likely receive one nba offer (us)if at all. If he wants to end the dream early to go play in China or something, go nuts I guess.
                      Yeah, I think all he has to do is not extend the QO, then sign him to a min contract. I guess it’s creative in that not many teams/players have done it, but Bruno is of course a special case.

Comment

Yeah, I think all he has to do is not extend the QO, then sign him to a min contract. I guess it’s creative in that not many teams/players have done it, but Bruno is of course a special case.
                        I've actually been surprised, just looking at stats, shooting, and your descriptions, he seems to have taken a large leap in the G league this year, I'm just reserving my excitement because he looked HORRIBLE in training camp. But I do think we've come this far, let him get one more shot next September. Maybe miracles happen and he's 2019's Pascal Siakam. Stranger things..

Interestingly enough, nobody cares anymore, he's been given up on. This thread is basically dead other than you, even when Bruno has a monster game. Which is probably a good thing, because he was over hyped until it almost became a joke like people were half cheering/half mocking with the chants and stuff. It didn't seem to help his nerves at all. Maybe this new approach, the Bruno who's already been filed under "bust", maybe this will bring a new man into 2018-19. And if it doesn't, meh, not everything works, oh well.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Raps also have his full Bird Rights even if they don't offer the QO, so if they want they could offer like a 2M per above-minimum deal if it bought them some control or term. Lots of flexibility to bring him back if they want to.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Raps also have his full Bird Rights even if they don't offer the QO, so if they want they could offer like a 2M per above-minimum deal if it bought them some control or term. Lots of flexibility to bring him back if they want to.
                            Wonder why team dont just use bird rights on RFA they are going to max or near max anyway. Seems like an easy way to free cap space in a year they are signing their best player.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Wonder why team dont just use bird rights on RFA they are going to max or near max anyway. Seems like an easy way to free cap space in a year they are signing their best player.
                              Not sure I understand the question. The cap hold is the same whether you extend the QO or not, and teams use Bird Rights to re-sign guys whether they extend a QO or not, if they have them. The Raptors might not extend the QO because there is a risk Bruno or BeBe will just sign it, and it's a higher value than they are likely to want to give either player, especially with their tax situation.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Not sure I understand the question. The cap hold is the same whether you extend the QO or not, and teams use Bird Rights to re-sign guys whether they extend a QO or not, if they have them. The Raptors might not extend the QO because there is a risk Bruno or BeBe will just sign it, and it's a higher value than they are likely to want to give either player, especially with their tax situation.
                                If you dont extend the QO doesnt the player cap hold come off the books. Then they can resign them with bird rights after signing any free agent. For high picks, the cap hold on them would be around 10M i think

Comment

Working...
                                X