Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    What do you dislike about him?
    he plays kinda soft and isn't very athletic
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      he plays kinda soft and isn't very athletic
      On the other hand, he shoots over 40% from 3, is listed as 6'10 and is heavier than Patman
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Well the draft happens before free agency.

But aside from that, if Masai feels someone like Ennis or Smart can be a special player, it sense to target them. Some of our pieces are quite young. Lowry plays a very hard style of game, and Vasquez is already fairly slow with a history of ankle issues. Do you want a PG on the decline when our other players are in/just hitting their prime? Or do you want a PG who will also be young and starting to hit his stride?
        Let me raise a question here let suppose we do get ennis. How many of you think he will actually excel in Toronto considering all the pressure that will be on him being a first rounder playing for the only NBA team in your home country. Just a thought

Comment

• yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
          Let me raise a question here let suppose we do get ennis. How many of you think he will actually excel in Toronto considering all the pressure that will be on him being a first rounder playing for the only NBA team in your home country. Just a thought
          If anyone can handle that pressure it would be Ennis and his poise. He doesn't seem like the type of dude that shakes during big moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I still feel like if they were to move up in this draft they should target a PF like a Vonleh or Gordon or Randle because PF is the biggest hole on this roster along w/ the SF position. They's already set in the PG position. KL is only 28, GV 27. Both guys are just entering their prime years.

But really, this convo is moot because Vonleh, Gordon, Randle and Smart are all projected to go in the top 10. Raptors don't have the assets to move up that high in the draft.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I watched highlights of some college dunk contest recently and Payne looked like he had serious hops..like really impressive. It caught me off guard a bit as he doesn't neccsarily show it all the time in games, maybe he is soft?
              He looked good to me in the games I saw of him this year but we are stacked at PF with solid (yet not ideal) options so I'd pass.

Comment

• Vonleh on the raps would be so hot
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• my thing with Payne isn't so much that i don't like him, i just don't think he'd be a good fit here. him and Val together would be the slowest front court ever.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                    I watched highlights of some college dunk contest recently and Payne looked like he had serious hops..like really impressive. It caught me off guard a bit as he doesn't neccsarily show it all the time in games, maybe he is soft?
                    He looked good to me in the games I saw of him this year but we are stacked at PF with solid (yet not ideal) options so I'd pass.
                    Same.

I'd rather add a center or a SF
                    Myself (March 2014):
                    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• i wouldn't mind moving up for James Young. He's a really gifted scorer and would give the second unit a serious lift. Not really the greatest defender but he's got the wingspan and lateral speed to be decent, at least.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        I still feel like if they were to move up in this draft they should target a PF like a Vonleh or Gordon or Randle because PF is the biggest hole on this roster along w/ the SF position. They's already set in the PG position. KL is only 28, GV 27. Both guys are just entering their prime years.

But really, this convo is moot because Vonleh, Gordon, Randle and Smart are all projected to go in the top 10. Raptors don't have the assets to move up that high in the draft.
                        And i think this exactly why i feel we might end up with payne. And as for PG Jahi Carson of Arizona St i think might be great steal in the second round
                        Last edited by yukhan1980; Thu May 15, 2014, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Draft metrics are out:

http://stats.nba.com/draftCombineAnt...owsPerPage=100
                          Myself (March 2014):
                          The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• I also like the looks of Isaiah Austin. I'd love to get him with our 2nd rounder too.
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                              I also like the looks of Isaiah Austin. I'd love to get him with our 2nd rounder too.
                              Austin is just too soft does not like contact dont think he will much of career

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                                I also like the looks of Isaiah Austin. I'd love to get him with our 2nd rounder too.
                                Remind me too much of austin daye
                                Myself (March 2014):

Comment

Working...
                                X