The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    there's a debate topic...who is the Manziel of this draft?
    As "ESPN overrated" or "Suprising yet not suprising fall"?

Answer to both of these might be Smart, Randle after Vonleh, and Warren/Hood falling off.
    Last edited by OptimalOptimist; Thu May 15, 2014, 12:43 PM.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Definitely Smart
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        Definitely Smart
        Why is everyone so sure that smart fall and that to all the way to #20 even if he falls he will still go in top 10. For some reason i can just see raps getting payne with there pick

Comment

• yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
          Why is everyone so sure that smart fall and that to all the way to #20 even if he falls he will still go in top 10. For some reason i can just see raps getting payne with there pick
          No jumpshot as a PG is a killer. Not many teams looking for a PG. Exum is ahead of him and a team might decide to pick up Ennis while Smart still on the board.
          Myself (March 2014):
          The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Sign and trade with Lakers

Good bye Lowry; hello Steve and Marcus.

jk
            Seriously though, if we're interviewing the likes of Smart and Ennis, it means that Masai will at least see what it would take to move up.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Seriously though, if we're interviewing the likes of Smart and Ennis, it means that Masai will at least see what it would take to move up.
              Gotta know if the opportunities are worth the risk.

Comment

• yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
                ughhh really don't want Payne
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ughhh really don't want Payne
                  What do you dislike about him?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Gotta know if the opportunities are worth the risk.
                    Yeah. Feel like they are. Especially with Ennis. In terms of a pure PG, could be the best in this draft. And even if Lowry re-signs, feel like this team needs to secure the future of that position.

To me the question is all about the risk...what's the cost of moving up? We'll see I guess.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      there's a debate topic...who is the Manziel of this draft?
                      Ugh I hope nobody, the amount of coverage by ESPN he gets is sickening. He's like Tebow 2.0, except Tebow actually had good games before his coverage blew up.

I hope we pick a PG in the first round just for the simple fact that the last time the Raptors did that was Stoudemire, which is pretty hard to believe.

Comment

Definitely Smart
                        Has anyone noticed that Smart is a 6'3" version of K Low coming out of Vilinova

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• @ESPNStatsInfo: Marcus Smart measured 6'2" and 227.2 lbs at #NBACombine. He's the heaviest player at 6' 2" or shorter in NBA Combine history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Yeah. Feel like they are. Especially with Ennis. In terms of a pure PG, could be the best in this draft. And even if Lowry re-signs, feel like this team needs to secure the future of that position.

To me the question is all about the risk...what's the cost of moving up? We'll see I guess.
                            If the Raps re-sign both KL and GV it wouldn't make sense for them to draft a PG.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Me want Smart
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                If the Raps re-sign both KL and GV it wouldn't make sense for them to draft a PG.
                                Well the draft happens before free agency.

But aside from that, if Masai feels someone like Ennis or Smart can be a special player, it sense to target them. Some of our pieces are quite young. Lowry plays a very hard style of game, and Vasquez is already fairly slow with a history of ankle issues. Do you want a PG on the decline when our other players are in/just hitting their prime? Or do you want a PG who will also be young and starting to hit his stride?

Comment

Working...
                                X