Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    Everyone knew that MKG was a project, it's only been 1.5 years. If someone's giving up on him, that I'm very interested. Some players take a long time to develop, look at Hibbert.

I know MKG isn't a big man, but still, I think he'll flourish within the next couple of years.
    You may be right.

I look at him as a role player at best.

That shot is ugly. I'm not sure how you fix that. Incomplete players or players with serious deficiencies in an area of their game is the hallmark of Colangelo.

Comment

Everyone knew that MKG was a project, it's only been 1.5 years. If someone's giving up on him, that I'm very interested. Some players take a long time to develop, look at Hibbert.

I know MKG isn't a big man, but still, I think he'll flourish within the next couple of years.
      As a wing player, you need to be able to shoot. Something most kids learn when they're 6.

MKG's form is so broken.....like Landry Fields Butt Fugly Ugly. It'll take years before teams think twice about leaving him open on the perimeter.

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
        I'm not sure I give up DeRozan for MKG and either a 15-20th or a 25-30th pick.

Gilchrist doesn't even look like he's going to be a starter in this league.
        Have you been watching Charlotte ball this season? MKG's only flaw is the lack of a jumper. He can score on drives, he's got amazing basketball IQ, lockdown defender, willing passer and enabler, natural locker room leader.

Basically MKG does everything Landry Fields does for the Raptors except ten times better, and there's better odds he can develop a jumper. If he gets even a moderately respectable jumper, he's a next-gen Andre Iguodala.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          You may be right.

I look at him as a role player at best.

That shot is ugly. I'm not sure how you fix that. Incomplete players or players with serious deficiencies in an area of their game is the hallmark of Colangelo.
          But shot mechanics are one of the easiest things to teach. Feel is a different thing. He may never be Steph Curry, but hard work should allow him to get to at least league average.

He's a guy with a great motor (supposedly). If a good coach comes up to him and says look, don't worry about anything else until we solve those mechanics, and he gets paired full time with a shot coach for a summer, then I can see him making strides.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            Have you been watching Charlotte ball this season? MKG's only flaw is the lack of a jumper. He can score on drives, he's got amazing basketball IQ, lockdown defender, willing passer and enabler, natural locker room leader.

Basically MKG does everything Landry Fields does for the Raptors except ten times better, and there's better odds he can develop a jumper. If he gets even a moderately respectable jumper, he's a next-gen Andre Iguodala.
            No he isn't. Iguodala is an elite playmaker for a wing, MKG doesn't even have that in his skillset.

Not to mention the fact that Iguodala actually has good form on his shot, is shooting 48% from 3 this year and came into the league as a 33% 3-point shooter.

If you want to project a ceiling for MKG, think prime Gerald Wallace, not Iguodala. Whether he reaches that or not idk.

Comment

But shot mechanics are one of the easiest things to teach. Feel is a different thing. He may never be Steph Curry, but hard work should allow him to get to at least league average.

He's a guy with a great motor (supposedly). If a good coach comes up to him and says look, don't worry about anything else until we solve those mechanics, and he gets paired full time with a shot coach for a summer, then I can see him making strides.
              I'm sure his ugly mechanics have been identified for years though. But has MKG been ignoring those remarks, or has he been working on correcting his flaws but has nothing to show for it?

There is always danger in thinking that you can change a player, when he's shown no evidence for change (in reference to his jumper specifically).

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                No because their 2014 pick is going to Denver.

If that happens they have their 2015 pick to tank next year and hit free agency in 2015.

Then they lose the pick again in 2016.

Dolan won't trade for Lowry because of perception of Masai getting the better of him. You think he is going to trade Melo and take all the criticism that comes along with that when he is already known as being 'fleeced' to get Melo in teh first place?
                Couldn't they maybe get picks in exchange for Melo? Phoenix has gone on record to say they want to trade picks for a star. I'm sure there are other teams that would be willing to trade desirable assets for Melo. As has been mentioned in numerous threads, tanking isn't a one and done thing. It's a way of life.

Comment

• mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  couldn't they maybe get picks in exchange for melo? Phoenix has gone on record to say they want to trade picks for a star. I'm sure there are other teams that would be willing to trade desirable assets for melo. As has been mentioned in numerous threads, tanking isn't a one and done thing. it's a way of life.
                  lol
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    Couldn't they maybe get picks in exchange for Melo? Phoenix has gone on record to say they want to trade picks for a star. I'm sure there are other teams that would be willing to trade desirable assets for Melo. As has been mentioned in numerous threads, tanking isn't a one and done thing. It's a way of life.
                    Your Melo scenario is a possibility.

However if they do that and become the worst of the worst, Denver benefits, not the Knicks.

All those Phoenix picks are going to be teens and higher.

Comment

• Knicks would never trade Melo in any circumstance because if they do their pick would most likely be top 10 and Denver would just be laughing loool
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Knicks not trading Melo is more to do with bad management than anything else. The wise choice is to trade Melo and build something new cause it isn't working. Shame they squandered their future on something even Stevie wonder could see coming in that roster crashing and burning.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                          Knicks not trading Melo is more to do with bad management than anything else. The wise choice is to trade Melo and build something new cause it isn't working. Shame they squandered their future on something even Stevie wonder could see coming in that roster crashing and burning.
                          True True ahha when they got James Dolan running trades for em there must be some problem
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            I don't think the Knicks have any picks at all this year.
                            Yea but Denver gets their pick atm. We don't need more competition for a top 5 pick.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• anyone know if we can trade for an injured player? what are the rules regarding that...I know a lot of trades, they always say "pending physical" and stuff like that
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                anyone know if we can trade for an injured player? what are the rules regarding that...I know a lot of trades, they always say "pending physical" and stuff like that
                                I assume that teams have the option of waiving the physical as a required clause. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Comment

Working...
                                X