Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    People are finally realizing that Blake Griffin is not this great superstar that they thought he would be after his rookie year eh? what took so long?? #overhyped
    Agreed. A big man who can't shoot, but doesn't have a post game either.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
      Agreed. A big man who can't shoot, but doesn't have a post game either.
      Sounds just about right for the KNICKS' roster

im sho Dolans gonna jump the gun on a trade like this

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        Sounds just about right for the KNICKS' roster

im sho Dolans gonna jump the gun on a trade like this
        If they're in the mindset that Melo's bolting, then I think they think they have to do this.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
          If they're in the mindset that Melo's bolting, then I think they think they have to do this.
          And start Bargnani at Small forward!

If they do this, assuming it's a legit possibility, and keep Bargs and Stoudemire (how would they unload those guys anyway?), they'll have roughly 50 million invested in the PF position....

So yeah, there's probably like a 90% chance Dolan would jump on it

Comment

• My guess is Amare and Shump or Chandler get sent for Pau Gasol or Humphries and Wallace, something like that to clear some cap. But they get a big who only dunks and doesn't like being pushed back, he is not physical. Without CP3 he won't be getting his 20 ppg that's for sure. And the Knicks look life fire sale candidates again in the near future. Go Knicks

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              So when is everyone thinking Lowry will be gone by? My money is on last week of December I dont think he'll be playing as a Rap come 2014.
              If his not gone by tomorrow I say trade deadline but hopefully by than they've racked up enough wins. Masai has no choice but not to tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                They quoted Stephen A. Smith and Bleacher Report as their sources and fabricated the rest.
                That was pathetic.
                The same Stephen A Smith that said Lebron was going to New York?

Comment

• I'm starting to think that perhaps the team should keep Lowry (the predicted returns from the Knicks blows ass anyway). How often can you find a point guard of his caliber? I just think that teams without a strong point guard flounders badly. I love Vazquez but I don't think his defense is up to snuff to be a starter. Just my 2 cents.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Vazquez actually displayed some very nice D in his first 2 games. He is taller than Lowry, but the issue was if he would be like Jose and fail to keep up with his man laterally. I saw a few defensive plays where Vazquez stayed infront of his man despite quick moves to get around him.
                    Defense is really positioning and quickness. I don't think Vazquez is as slow as Jose was, and I think he is smart enough to play the angles right.

Does Vazquez have good D? Not yet. Does he have the potential to become palatable at D? Yeah, I believe so.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      I'm starting to think that perhaps the team should keep Lowry (the predicted returns from the Knicks blows ass anyway). How often can you find a point guard of his caliber? I just think that teams without a strong point guard flounders badly. I love Vazquez but I don't think his defense is up to snuff to be a starter. Just my 2 cents.
                      If you can lock both of them for the long term I think that is the best option.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        Vazquez actually displayed some very nice D in his first 2 games. He is taller than Lowry, but the issue was if he would be like Jose and fail to keep up with his man laterally. I saw a few defensive plays where Vazquez stayed infront of his man despite quick moves to get around him.
                        Defense is really positioning and quickness. I don't think Vazquez is as slow as Jose was, and I think he is smart enough to play the angles right.

Does Vazquez have good D? Not yet. Does he have the potential to become palatable at D? Yeah, I believe so.
                        I'm particularly cautious about running this team without a legit starting PG and a legit backup. I think that this is a really nice combo. I'm not sure why most of us think we just need to get out of Lowry ASAP especially in light of the lame potential returns (yes, even with the Knicks 2018 first rounder). If you look at Phoenix and their Dragic and Bledsoe tandem, they'll be fine for many years to come (should they stay together).

My other concern is if Vazquez doesn't live up to his billing (indeed the MIP candidacy last year helps), the fans will be up in arms once again.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          The same Stephen A Smith that said Lebron was going to New York?
                          Stephen A Smith predicted that Lebron, Bosh and Wade all would end up in Miami as free agency began that year. See the following and notice how people like you derided him.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/step...he-miami-heat/
                          Last edited by pakdawgie; Wed Dec 18, 2013, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• pakdawgie wrote: View Post
                            Stephen A Smith predicted that Lebron, Bosh and Wade all would end up in Miami as free agency began that year. See the following and notice how people like you derided him.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/step...he-miami-heat/
                            Even a blind squirrel....

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                              Even a blind squirrel....
                              ...can find his own nuts?

Comment

• Vasquez is good enough to start. He wont ever be and elite PG, but that's not needed here. We need someone who puts our guys in a better position, and he does. If we can get 15ppg, and 10 assists from Vasquez and someone else, not Lowery, then we need to explore other options. Look at everyone else around the league this year playing there ass off for a contract. Wait to see what happens once the new overpaid one is signed.

Realistically if we can get 20 and 10 from every position, from any number of guys were in a good position to win every game. No matter how many guys have to play to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X