Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tristan Thompson declines $13 million from Cavs! ... Ummm, wanna play for the Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's pissed cuz he was relegated back to the bench when the Cavs got Tina Fey Mozgov. And he's a better defender than Kevin Love. I really think TT will be a good fit with the Raptors. Jonas needs help on the glass (not that JV's a poor rebounder, but he can't do it all by himself). He'd play the prime Knicks Charles Oakley role to JV's Ewing. He's a better version of Tyler Hansbrough or a younger version of Amir w/ much less mileage.

He may not be the defender Amir is right now, but hey, Amir wasn't even that of a defender when he first came here. He was the fouled out King in his early days. But $13M is way way too much. He deserves what 2Pat and Amir are getting right now. Maybe he'd take the hometown discount? Heck he can publish an essay on the Globe and Mail or have a 1-hour special segment on TSN lol.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
      He's pissed cuz he was relegated back to the bench when the Cavs got Tina Fey Mozgov. And he's a better defender than Kevin Love. I really think TT will be a good fit with the Raptors. Jonas needs help on the glass (not that JV's a poor rebounder, but he can't do it all by himself). He'd play the prime Knicks Charles Oakley role to JV's Ewing. He's a better version of Tyler Hansbrough or a younger version of Amir w/ much less mileage.

He may not be the defender Amir is right now, but hey, Amir wasn't even that of a defender when he first came here. He was the fouled out King in his early days. But $13M is way way too much. He deserves what 2Pat and Amir are getting right now. Maybe he'd take the hometown discount? Heck he can publish an essay on the Globe and Mail or have a 1-hour special segment on TSN lol.
      I think he is the answer to our prayers, regardless of what naysayers have to about him, you know he will leave his heart out on the court in effort and with time will develop in to an awesome all around player

Comment

He played really well here, maybe he liked it so much he wants to come back and play here all the time
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          I like TT. Harris doesn't really fill a need. JV needs help rebounding in the front court.
          But again if we're speaking of needs: what does TT do that Ed Davis doesn't do equally as good or better at a fraction of the cost? Ed Davis has ~1M player option next year (he will opt out for sure).

And Ed Davis already has great chemistry with the current group of Raps - apparently the guy was crying when he got traded from here. He's already having a bounce-back season with the Lakers this year, so he won't be cheap, but nowhere near $10, let alone $13M+. And who really wants to deal with Lebron's agents & cliques, who are trying to control the NBA?

I think you can get Ed Davis for $4-6M, and you've basically replaced Amir with a younger version.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
            But again if we're speaking of needs: what does TT do that Ed Davis doesn't do equally as good or better at a fraction of the cost? Ed Davis has ~1M player option next year (he will opt out for sure).

And Ed Davis already has great chemistry with the current group of Raps - apparently the guy was crying when he got traded from here. He's already having a bounce-back season with the Lakers this year, so he won't be cheap, but nowhere near $10, let alone $13M+. And who really wants to deal with Lebron's agents & cliques, who are trying to control the NBA?

I think you can get Ed Davis for $4-6M, and you've basically replaced Amir with a younger version.
            Ed has a long way to go to get the summer 3.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

I like the idea of bringing back Ed. He has 14 more blocks than Amir and 11 more than JV. In less minutes than both I don't think you need a star PF on this team. Doing the PF by committee might be the way to go with the raps. Well that's if JV lives up to all his hype.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I like the idea of bringing back Ed. He has 14 more blocks than Amir and 11 more than JV. In less minutes than both I don't think you need a star PF on this team. Doing the PF by committee might be the way to go with the raps. Well that's if JV lives up to all his hype.
                Really like that thought... JV is going to be a monster.

Comment

It would be nice to get a guy with a high IQ.. not saying Amir is the brightest bulb but he's sharper than both Ed and TT. If only we could get Millsap. Atlanta would be stupid to not resign him though.

Comment

In terms of RFA's, I think both Draymond Green and Tobias Harris fit better and are on teams more likely to decline to match. Cleveland has already offered 13M - why wouldn't they go the extra 2M to match and not lose Thompson to free agency?
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      In terms of RFA's, I think both Draymond Green and Tobias Harris fit better and are on teams more likely to decline to match. Cleveland has already offered 13M - why wouldn't they go the extra 2M to match and not lose Thompson to free agency?
                      Not to mention out of all those options, Green and Harris are more likely worth that size of contract even ignoring the circumstances around each one.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        And if he sits through RFA to enter UFA? To me he's leaving

Comment

Well, Sacto is apparently listening to offers on Stauskas...They're looking for big man help. A stretch 4 or above the rim defender to put beside Cousins. I don't think we can really make a good offer. But Sacto is a terribly run franchise so maybe Masai can trick them into something. Maybe we should be looking outside of Cleveland for Canadians.

Comment

Turning down 13M and 52M over 4 years is bananas. I do feel that this statement is all about not wanting to play 2nd fiddle to Love (who also indicated that he's not opting out of his current deal). A straight up trade for Ross and Hansbrough is good for me.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              It would be nice to get a guy with a high IQ.. not saying Amir is the brightest bulb but he's sharper than both Ed and TT. If only we could get Millsap. Atlanta would be stupid to not resign him though.
                              Butch Carter used to say, "give me the best athlete and I'll teach him the game of basketball", which worked with VC and T-Mac.

BBIQ is obviously a reflection of the player, but also of the coach, system, chemistry and fit. I've only seen a little bit of Ed this year in LA, but he's looking pretty good. If we're judging his BBIQ when Ed was was in TO, he did alright when Casey finally gave him a chance and when he had Jose lobbing PnRs to him. I don't think Amir was any BB genius when he first joined the Raps - the guy was a foul machine.

Unfortunately, I think the Raps style of play is making everybody look like BB dolts, and Amir . I mean look at Jeff Teague since Coach Bud's taken over or Brandon Jennings since Josh Smith left. Or any turnaround situation, really. Did the players innate BBIQ suddenly get better overnight? Is there really a cap on that quality?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Well, Sacto is apparently listening to offers on Stauskas...They're looking for big man help. A stretch 4 or above the rim defender to put beside Cousins. I don't think we can really make a good offer. But Sacto is a terribly run franchise so maybe Masai can trick them into something. Maybe we should be looking outside of Cleveland for Canadians.
                                Three team deal that lands us both
                                Pffftt probably only in my dreams..

Comment

Working...
                                X