Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tristan Thompson declines $13 million from Cavs! ... Ummm, wanna play for the Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Well, Sacto is apparently listening to offers on Stauskas...They're looking for big man help. A stretch 4 or above the rim defender to put beside Cousins. I don't think we can really make a good offer. But Sacto is a terribly run franchise so maybe Masai can trick them into something. Maybe we should be looking outside of Cleveland for Canadians.
    Sacto already got hoodwinked on the Gay deal. I like Stauskas.. but under Casey, he might get worse. It's not like Novak did much under Casey.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Sacto already got hoodwinked on the Gay deal. I like Stauskas.. but under Casey, he might get worse. It's not like Novak did much under Casey.
      Can't get much worse. Just finished reading about Nick from David Thorpe:

Most Surprising (bad): Nik Stauskas, Kings
      Stauskas, 21, arrived to a team in desperate need of a skilled shooter after dominating the Big Ten. So many thought he would be the rare rookie with a clear chance to play a defined role for his team.

Instead there are arguments that he is the single-worst rotation player in the NBA, based on complete ineffectiveness on offense while being a real problem on defense (though fellow rookie Zach LaVine will rival Stauskas in the "worst rotation player in the league" award").
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Can't get much worse. Just finished reading about Nick from David Thorpe:
        Well that's unfortunate

Comment

Just for a reference tonight,
          TT - 32 min.
          2-5 fg (not run for him or fed to him)
          11 boards (6 off.) & 2 blks 1 to.
          He is something we are looking for, a big not meant for offence who can clean things up to get offence and rim protect.
          He is 4th in the NBA for offensively rebounds per game. The kid is 23 and will definitely get so much better.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Well, Sacto is apparently listening to offers on Stauskas...They're looking for big man help.
            Masai: Why would I want Stauskas?

Ranadive: Because 1..2..3..Stauskas rocks!!
            Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
              TT - 32 min.
              He is something we are looking for, a big not meant for offence who can clean things up to get offence and rim protect.
              He is 4th in the NBA for offensively rebounds per game. The kid is 23 and will definitely get so much better.
              There's talent and then there's the price of talent. I would be fine with paying TT Amir-type money. More than $13mm/year is lunacy.

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                TT - 32 min.
                Rim protect? His rim protection opponent FG% is almost identical to Jonas', and on two less defended shots over game (in more minutes).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  Turning down 13M and 52M over 4 years is bananas. I do feel that this statement is all about not wanting to play 2nd fiddle to Love (who also indicated that he's not opting out of his current deal). A straight up trade for Ross and Hansbrough is good for me.
                  There are whispers Love could leave.

If that does happen, TT will have Cavs by gonads.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    There are whispers Love could leave.

If that does happen, TT will have Cavs by gonads.
                    Knowing Love he'll delay until TT leaves to sign with LAL. Hope he ends up in NYK to saddle that franchise with another guy for five more year @ 25M

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      There's talent and then there's the price of talent. I would be fine with paying TT Amir-type money. More than $13mm/year is lunacy.
                      Amir is trending down the talent / efficiency scale... TT is on his way up

Comment

Late to the party but.....................$13 MILLION A SEASON FOR TRISTAN THOMPSON???????????????????

Am I the one taking the crazy pills or is it the GMs in the NBA?

Comment

I would do at most 4x44 for TT
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Did everyone forget that Thompson sucks?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Did everyone forget that Thompson sucks?
                              meet me at the flag pole at 3:30!
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                Rim protect? His rim protection opponent FG% is almost identical to Jonas', and on two less defended shots over game (in more minutes).
                                Yeah, there was a chart that showed that Tristan Thompson was the 2nd worst rim protector in the NBA last year (only better than an undersied Thaddeus Young). A healthy Amir Johnson was top 10 last year, surprisingly.

A LOOK BACK AT 2014′S BEST NBA RIM PROTECTORS
                                http://thechilltime.com/tag/tristan-thompson/

http://public.tableausoftware.com/sh...play_count=yes

Why do you think the Cavs just got Mosgov?

EDIT: Jonas is here. Not bad...
                                http://public.tableausoftware.com/pr...ared/Q95XD2HKF
                                Last edited by golden; Fri Jan 16, 2015, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X