Everything Amir Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir is so awesome:

“This preseason going to Vancouver and Montreal, seeing our posters around recognizing how big the We The North term is, it’s big,” Johnson said. “It’s cool. I love it. Everywhere I go I’m saying ‘We The North’ or if there’s a dusty car, I’m writing We The North on a dusty car. I love it."

No dirty car is safe #wethenorth

A photo posted by @iamamirjohnson on

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Amir was mentioned by Zach Lowe in his "10 Things I Like and Don’t Like":
        http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...of-the-sixers/

10. Amir Johnson, Wiping You Out

Calling Johnson a “dirty work” guy undersells him. Johnson’s skills are more subtle, including his screen-setting. He mixes things up so that defenses can’t quite predict what he’s going to do. He’ll occasionally slip a pick, darting to the hoop before really setting it — a move that can suck in all kinds of emergency help defense.

But he mostly wants to slam you chest-to-chest and lay your ass out. A defender might think he has discovered a clean path around Johnson, only for Johnson to flip the direction of his screen at the last minute, change the angle, or call for his point guard to come around a second pick:

Great stuff from one of the league’s underrated players.

Comment

• Don't you guys think Amir could agree to be back on a 2 yr, mid-level exception contract?

This way in 2 years he could get a bigger contract if he deserves it or go elsewhere, and it would help the team get other players, starting by Lou at about 21M$ for 3 years.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            Don't you guys think Amir could agree to be back on a 2 yr, mid-level exception contract?

This way in 2 years he could get a bigger contract if he deserves it or go elsewhere, and it would help the team get other players, starting by Lou at about 21M$ for 3 years.
            Toronto should give Amir a 3 yr deal and burn a year for surgery and rehab. He can't have surgery now in a contract year but a cheap 3 yr with no expectations on the first year, benefits him and the team. With surgery he will get at least another contract after this one.

Comment

• More Amir respect, this time from ESPN Insider "Unsung heroes, overrated scorers". Lowry is our best player, but Amir is still; my favourite.

The perennial plus-minus darling just won't quit. For the eighth straight season, Johnson's teams have been better with him on the floor than when he's on the bench. With a high waist and long frame, the 27-year-old sets some of the meanest screens in the NBA and thrives in rim runs a la Tyson Chandler. According to Synergy tracking, Johnson has the fourth-best efficiency in the pick-and-roll plays in the NBA (minimum 50 plays), earning 1.34 points every time he tries to score in that action.

He's an elite finisher around the rim (70.5 percent inside three feet) and attacks the offensive boards to extend possessions for the Raps. He makes sound decisions on the defensive end and has the length and athleticism to bother both 4s and 5s in the paint. He hasn't registered a double-double since opening night, but he consistently gives the Raptors great minutes.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Yeah, no chance we keep Amir for the MLE. The secret is out.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                X