Official masai ujiri press conference thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    LOL, that's about right. Don't forget "Fire Ujiri" threads as soon as they hit their first losing streak.
    They could start even sooner if any of the Raptors Republic official banned words/phrases are uttered publically by Ujiri:

- enigma
    - organic growth

...please feel free to add to this list...
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jun 4, 2013, 12:14 PM.

Comment

TSN's summary is up: http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=424705

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        They could start even sooner if any of the Raptors Republic official banned words/phrases are uttered publically by Ujiri:

- enigma
        - organic growth

...please feel free to add to this list...
        - Floor spacing
        - Internal Competition
        - Natural Power Forward Posistion

All with a little bit of internal organic growth (tm) of course

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          THANK FUCKING GOD
          Irresponsible.
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I know Ujiri wasn't giving out specific details about the team, but I think someone should atleast have asked about his ethos. ie does he favor superstar-centered team? run and gun like miami? or just builds from whatever and any asset available?

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
              who is the idiot asking about colangelo?
              THe crazy coot Mike Toth.

Comment

Leiweke will be on Sportsnet at 1:20 with Tim & Sid

Comment

Sportsnet radio?

No mention of Andrea Bargnani

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                    Sportsnet radio?

No mention of Andrea Bargnani
                    yep
                    http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/

Comment

That was a good presser. Said all the good things about the basis of team building/construct....be on the same page organizationally, decide on the playing/makeup/swag of the team, execute at all times. He didnt have to use that term "accountability"....it was a given. Wants to have a small/flat organization which is good. He started out quite emotionally I thought like he either wanted to be here or that he now really had his own team (Denver wasnt his entirely...he had to share decision making with Josh Kroenke). I also suspect he will be passing on some of his salary to his basketball work in Africa. Good man I think and I hope good for the Raptors.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        That was a good presser. Said all the good things about the basis of team building/construct....be on the same page organizationally, decide on the playing/makeup/swag of the team, execute at all times. He didnt have to use that term "accountability"....it was a given. Wants to have a small/flat organization which is good. He started out quite emotionally I thought like he either wanted to be here or that he now really had his own team (Denver wasnt his entirely...he had to share decision making with Josh Kroenke). I also suspect he will be passing on some of his salary to his basketball work in Africa. Good man I think and I hope good for the Raptors.
                        I was hoping for some more details about the direction he wanted to take the Raptors but it's too early to really do that. He seems like a very humble man. The complete opposite to Colangelo from that regards.

Comment

http://threeinthekey.ca/masai-ujiri-...ss-conference/

Tim Chisholm's take
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

hard thing to do to talk about direction and personnel decisions without crapping on colangelo. he wont publicly do so

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              "the back of our roster has to be young guys that we can continue to grow" - "I want to develop young talent" - Masai Ujiri
                              That's all I wanted to hear. I still have a headache from when BC traded the 2nd round pick for Telfair.

Comment

Irrelevant, but first thing I noticed when watching is that Ujiri kinda looks like Jay-Z from the side. Lol.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X