• Show
Clear All

• Looking at his stats, he definitely seems like a score-first PG

Comment

• Our New Back-up PG?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Dwight-Buycks

Is this true? No idea who the guy is.

Comment

• Haven't seen OKC games, but the reviews on him praise him, gonna make sure i watch that championship game today, was gonna skip it cause i find unfair how those 2 teams have players who started NBA playoffs games playing against guys fighting for a job. Houston is fun to watch but greg smith and reggie jackson or just way above their competition.

Comment

• Buycks:

24 yearsold 6'-3''

2010-2011 In Marquette as a Senior:
          46% FG - 41% 3PT - 3 RPG - 3.3 APG - 8.83 PPG - 1 SPG - 28 MPG

D-League 2011-2012
          50% FG - 35% 3PT - 2.71 RPG - 2.64 APG - 15.14 PPG - 1.25 SPG - 26.8MPG

4 Summer league Games with MIA 2013-2014
          46%FG - 67% 3PT - 2.5 RPG - 6.00 APG - 9.5 PPG - 2 SPG - 21 MPG

Conclusion:
          high FG%! Can shoot the 3! VERY efficient scorer, especially in D-League where in about 27 Minutes, he scored 15 points on 50% FG! Doesnt usually play Point guard, but in Summer league he did and he averaged 6 APG in 21 MPG. He is a tall point guard, he can gather steals, he is young, he is efficient.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
            Darnell Mayberry ‏@DarnellMayberry 7m
            "Buycks was in play as the potential third point guard with the Thunder. He now has the opportunity to backup Kyle Lowry in Toronto."

Looks like actual backup.

I looked up some highlights of the guy, and he can ball. Haven't really seen how much of a playmaker he is though
            its only summer league, but he's a big reason why the thunder team was doing so well. when he was playing he was in COMPLETE control of the offense. you know who he reminds me of? that beverley cat out of houston. i remember watching him thinking this guy is gonna get signed by someone. he didn't seem to have much of a jump shot but he's crazy quick and has excellent court vision.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• JStockton wrote: View Post
              http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Dwight-Buycks

Is this true? No idea who the guy is.
              I've seen him play a bit in summer league and he looks more like a scoring PG. He's pretty quick and sometimes out of control.

Comment

• How do you not know who Dwight Buycks is!?(I have never heard of him) I would've really liked to get a backup who people have heard of and everyone knows is proven. I've never seen him before, so I guess I'll reserve my judgement, but I'm not sure about this.

Comment

• Day 2

Dwight Buycks, Thunder

No, his stat line of 11 points and five assists won’t dazzle you, and his relatively advanced age (he’s 24) won’t make you drool over thoughts of his potential. But Buycks has quietly been one of the better players in Orlando. On Sunday, he recorded a 12-point, 13-assist double-double. On Monday, after Reggie Jackson left the game due to injury, Buycks showed he wasn’t a one-game wonder, running the offense admirably, making crisp -- at times creative -- passes and being a linchpin in the Thunder’s comeback win over the Magic.

Day 3

Buycks appears on the list for a second straight day, and it’s well-deserved. Enough can’t be said about this young point guard and the job he’s done both running the offense and playing alongside Reggie Jackson. Although Jackson was the catalyst of the Thunder’s second fourth-quarter comeback, Buycks was running right alongside him, complementing Jackson’s drives with some timely jumpers. Jackson made the go-ahead layup, and Buycks hit the dagger 3-pointer to complete the comeback. His 13 points, six rebounds, four steals and three assists were one of the better all-around stat lines from Day 3.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    And I think now AJ Price moves near the top of my list, if not the top.
                    This sentence is one of those "if you said it and meant it maybe you should reconsider the nature of objective truth" sentences, because AJ Price should never be at the top of any kind of list.

Seriously, the Buycks signing is eh, but for a backup PG I'd rather another project with promise. Better someone cheap who has a chance to be quite good than someone moderately expensive who will be just sort of bad.

Comment

• You can't tank with capable back ups

Comment

• Wtf?
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Was MVP in a French League last year

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                            This sentence is one of those "if you said it and meant it maybe you should reconsider the nature of objective truth" sentences, because AJ Price should never be at the top of any kind of list.

Seriously, the Buycks signing is eh, but for a backup PG I'd rather another project with promise. Better someone cheap who has a chance to be quite good than someone moderately expensive who will be just sort of bad.
                            yep
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Found this: http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2013...-summer-league

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Was MVP in a French League last year
                                I don't think it was the French league. I think it was the summer league version of the French league from what I've seen.
                                DLeague All rookie first team in 2012.
                                His Marquette video profile talks about him being a combo guard who likes to score. I don't know about him. I think Stone may be our backup with him as 3rd string....

Comment

Working...
                                X