No announcement yet.

ESPN 2013-14 East Standings [update: Post #86]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I understand that the OKC situation is complex, but from the FAN perspective, it is quite obviously a financial decision opposed to a basket-ball decision. In regards to your 4 year projections, they still had one season where the could have kept that team together before facing the tax realities. They would have still had the opportunity to pull a Mavs, win the whole thing and then let some key pieces walk (Chandler, Kidd etc.) They'd have a title or least another shot at one. There were also other possibilities like amnestying Perkins. BUT I digress. This thread is about predictions, so my prediction is that OKC loses in the 2nd round.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• Tyson chandler is out 4-6 weeks with a fracture fibula.

Time to revise those standings I think!

Playoff seedings too.

Maybe even playoff teams.

Comment

• 1. Indy
        2. Miami
        3. Brooklyn
        4. Chicago
        5. Detroit
        6. Atlanta
        7. Toronto
        8. Knicks/Cavs
        "Masai WILL win us a championship"
        - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine

Did NOT want to be making Leastern Conference cracks so early. But if not for Philly Fairy-Talers, East would have just TWO teams over .500
          Wow.

Ugly.

Indiana
          Miami
          Philly
          Atlanta
          Charlotte
          Chicago
          Boston/Toronto/Orlando
          -------------------------------
          New York

Difference between 8th and last in east after 8-9 games is 1.5 games

Comment

• The East is just straight up awful. lol
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Toronto needs a really strong 0-10 to make up for these last few stupid wins.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                Toronto needs a really strong 0-10 to make up for these last few stupid wins.
                lol

A nice 0-14 streak brings us back to last year's 4-19!

Comment

• and that I could live with

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                    Toronto needs a really strong 0-10 to make up for these last few stupid wins.
                    Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    lol

A nice 0-14 streak brings us back to last year's 4-19!
                    Craig wrote: View Post
                    and that I could live with
                    Pfft

you guys aren't real fans

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Pfft

A prolonged losing streak would ensuring tanking but probably de-value DD and RG...

Comment

• perhaps you believe they are highly valued now?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Pfft

I'm just here to troll. My favourite team is the Generals.

Comment

• There's no reason why the raps can't be like the Indiana Pacers. Who knows how good JV and TR could be, no one knew Paul George was going to be that good till Granny Danger when down. And don't even try to lie and say you did, he was basically a 3 and D player in Indiana till DG went down and Indiana insert him into the lineup and he exploded out of no where. Not saying T Ross is Paul George 2.0 but we still can't write him off as a "3 and D" player, he has some freakish athleticism and above average handles. JV arguably has a much high ceiling than Roy Hibbert.

I'm just rambling but i kinda wanna see what this team can do. If we're much below .500 at the deadline then i don't mind blowing it up i'd be cool with it. But if we're right there in the mix i wouldn't want to ruin our chance at our first playoff birth since 08

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              There's no reason why the raps can't be like the Indiana Pacers. Who knows how good JV and TR could be, no one knew Paul George was going to be that good till Granny Danger when down. And don't even try to lie and say you did, he was basically a 3 and D player in Indiana till DG went down and Indiana insert him into the lineup and he exploded out of no where. Not saying T Ross is Paul George 2.0 but we still can't write him off as a "3 and D" player, he has some freakish athleticism and above average handles. JV arguably has a much high ceiling than Roy Hibbert.

I'm just rambling but i kinda wanna see what this team can do. If we're much below .500 at the deadline then i don't mind blowing it up i'd be cool with it. But if we're right there in the mix i wouldn't want to ruin our chance at our first playoff birth since 08

Arggggh! I know you qualify it by saying it doesn't mean he's George 2.0 but this is the problem with all of these comparisons. We compare things to the things we hope for no matter how illogical that is. Paul George won the NBA Most Improved Player Award for 2012-13. Of all the players in the entire NBA who got better, nobody got better more than Paul George. Yeah it would be great if that happened to TRoss. But who knows? All the other guys who were in a similar position...and are still there.
                              I'll buy the "we could be Indiana" story because we have somebody who many people see becoming one of the rare formidable centres in the league. We can build out from there. We may not have palm trees. We may not be owned by a Russian billionaire (at least I think not). We may not have the number one draft pick. But hopefully we have a guy that can change the way teams have to play.

Comment

• So the Cavs held a players only meeting, and a few of them are really unhappy.. wonder if they are ready for some changes (*cough* Rudy Gay *cough*)?

Their next 10 doesn't look that easy either (maybe 5 wins if they are lucky):

@Washington
                                Washington
                                @New Orleans
                                @San Antonio
                                Miami
                                @Boston
                                Miami
                                Chicago
                                Denver
                                @LAC

They are 3-7 now.. if they go 5-5 in the next 10 they will be at 8 and 12. That's not a team heading into the playoffs. Wonder if MU is targeting them for a trade? I hope so.. they've got a tonne of picks.

Comment

Working...
                                X