X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also is Anderson better than Vasquez

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• If Melvin Ejim drops to third round, I think we should take him.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Too much like Bargnani, a big pg vs a shooting center. Rather draft a traditional pg and traditional center. Evan Turner is big and can handle the ball but he should be able to shoot first. Anderson is a good college player vs athletic. Grant is a poor college player but athletic. Elfrid Payton looks better if drafting PG at #20

here is my take I want playmakers they dont have to be scorers just make plays.
        1. thing I can say about anderson that u cant say about many of the point guards in this draft, at 6'9 he will not be posted up by any point in the league period.
        2. he has the best passing skills of any point in the draft check his stats
        3. ucla had one of the best defenses in the ncaa this year even tho none of those guys are good one v one defenders. I think anderson lead them in steals.
        4. he rebounds from the point position, you know how hard that is to find?
        5. he makes plays

without a doubt if you watched any ucla games this year if anderson was not on the floor the team was garbage. lavine can not run point to save his life and he is too small to be a great nba SG. what poeple are banking on is he is a scoring point guard like westbrooke. if he is not I dont even see him as a rotation player, why he is even listed in the first round I have no idea but I would not draft him.

napier is another good point but he is too small. the difference to me between nappier and anderson is you can hide anderson in a defense u cant hide napier cause he can only guard 1 position, and he can be posted by many guards at that 1 position he can guard.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          If Melvin Ejim drops to third round, I think we should take him.
          There is no third round...

Unless this was just a weird joke?? We could always sign him if he doesn't go drafted.
          Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Apr 4, 2014, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Hopefully Greek Freak v2 is available by the Raptors 3rd pick.. Would love to have him on the roster as a low risk high reward type of pick.

Comment

• Anderson vs Elfrid Payton which is better? Wouldn't John Wall and fast guards eat Anderson up at PG. Real question and do the Raptors need a PG in 2014 if we resign Lowry he seems like a novelty pick on a team with holes to fill.

Comment

Anderson vs Elfrid Payton which is better? Wouldn't John Wall and fast guards eat Anderson up at PG. Real question and do the Raptors need a PG in 2014 if we resign Lowry he seems like a novelty pick on a team with holes to fill.

I think you use Anderson as a point-forward. He can play with a point guard, or a score-first guard. Either way it's not that hard to make things work.

Comment

• I like Ejim, and I believe the Raptors have 2 picks in the second round. They could possibly snatch him up along with maybe McAdoo or Russ Smith. But, I doubt the second round picks will be nothing but trade sweetners on Draft day. I expect at the very least Masai to be VERY, VERY active in trying to move up even a spot in this year's draft.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Anderson vs Elfrid Payton which is better? Wouldn't John Wall and fast guards eat Anderson up at PG. Real question and do the Raptors need a PG in 2014 if we resign Lowry he seems like a novelty pick on a team with holes to fill.

we need a power forward there are no game changing ones in this draft

Comment

• Like Odom. If Toronto had that type of offence maybe but he would be more valuable to Phil Jackson type teams. Our coach wouldn't use him correctly. The Raptors entire offence and coaching would need to be overhauled

Comment

Like Odom. If Toronto had that type of offence maybe but he would be more valuable to Phil Jackson type teams. Our coach wouldn't use him correctly. The Raptors entire offence and coaching would need to be overhauled

we need malone, webber (offensively) duncan (defensively). patterson is interesting but he can hold his own against everyone

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Okay he can dunk... but can he play?

Add him to the list of 3s the Raps should look at, I guess. Him, Early, Warren, McD...If they are going through their tiers a backup 3 has to be priority 1, an end of bench 5 priority 2, probably a sg is 3, etc.

At worst Lowry leaves. No PG drafted this late could step into the role better than Vasquez. Backup wing needs help (biggest team weakness). I actually prioritize a bench 5 over a starting PF. The type of stud 4 the Raps need, who can push Amir to the bench isn't going to be there this deep in a draft. Chuck is the only big capable of guarding 5s off the bench...The SG bench spot can be filled by Nando, or Vasquez in a pinch.

I'm not blown away by the UCLA kids. Lavine is mad inefficient. Uber athletic, but can he play the 2? Who would want someone that inefficient running a team? Anderson would be interesting, but he's a point guard. Not a point-forward, or any other iteration. With his length can he make up for his lack of speed on defense? He also needs to work on his body.

Comment

• I would like a center. Cauley-Stein looks like just the back up I want. Uber long, athletic, shot blocker, offensive rebounds.
                              Only problem is he's long been mocked between like 12-16ish. A few places too far for the Raptors. People slide...but I think there's so few centres in the draft he's probably more likely to rise if anything.

Comment

• I'm pretty intrigued by the Walter Tavares guy. He has Hibbert's size. 7'2 or 7'3 with 7'9 wingspan. Crazy. Not super athletic, but he looks pretty mobile considering his size. Shot blocker - rebounder, still very raw overall both in terms of skills and strength.

On the downside, he's 22 years old which is old-ish for a project nowadays. But apparently he didn't even see a basketball game until 4 years ago. He was living in Cape Verde which is a group of islands off the shore of Africa and earning money by selling fish. Now he's already good enough to start in the Spanish league. Pretty impressive.

Right now draftexpress projects him at 37. There might be too much physical talent to pass if he's available at the Raptors' early 2nd.

Comment

Working...
                                X