The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    I'm pretty intrigued by the Walter Tavares guy. He has Hibbert's size. 7'2 or 7'3 with 7'9 wingspan. Crazy. Not super athletic, but he looks pretty mobile considering his size. Shot blocker - rebounder, still very raw overall both in terms of skills and strength.

On the downside, he's 22 years old which is old-ish for a project nowadays. But apparently he didn't even see a basketball game until 4 years ago. He was living in Cape Verde which is a group of islands off the shore of Africa and earning money by selling fish. Now he's already good enough to start in the Spanish league. Pretty impressive.

Right now draftexpress projects him at 37. There might be too much physical talent to pass if he's available at the Raptors' early 2nd.
    We already have JV so if he doesn't work out it's good.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• This looks like a pretty good breakdown of Tavares:

Comment

• They have 2 picks in the second one will prob be a big center who is over 20 replacing Gray. Numerous option with low ceiling but size. Best case Elfrid Payton avail third pick second round. Pick#20 could be flippable if its another athletic SG for a quality SF/PF player on rookie deal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Kaminsky may be available in the late first/early second round if he declares for the 2014 draft.

Comment

• This draft is screwed up lots of teams with no picks Suns have four 76ers I own the second around. We should skip it by draft / trade with teams looking for depth youth after losing all their picks.

Comment

• anyone else feeling cleanthony early for a three spot project? Only seen him play in the tournaments but it seems he definitely has something, cant teach confidence like that
              "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

• Clearanthony looks like a big 2 like Klay Thompson not enough length for a 3 1-10

Comment

• buckets wrote: View Post
                  anyone else feeling cleanthony early for a three spot project? Only seen him play in the tournaments but it seems he definitely has something, cant teach confidence like that

Well Early is definitely not a project LOOL he's a senior and gonna be 22 on draft night
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• With so few teams with picks and so many with multiple picks lots of players are going to be underdeveloped or wasted. Clearanthony could be a good SG/Sf but he may be used as a 4 on some team who drafted too many wings.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Well Early is definitely not a project LOOL he's a senior and gonna be 22 on draft night
                      Used to playing 4 in college though but I do think he played some 3, which is where I got the term project from but I guess I miss spoke. You think he'll be a good pro?

Comment

• Good pro but could end up on the wrong team he isn't easy to peg position wise same qwiithth Anderson, LaVine , even Parker. Klay Thompson fits perfectly with GSW but would have struggled as a SF on another team.

Comment

• buckets wrote: View Post
                          Used to playing 4 in college though but I do think he played some 3, which is where I got the term project from but I guess I miss spoke. You think he'll be a good pro?
                          It depends who drafts him IMO
                          A team like the Spurs would probably use him effectively
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Yeah but they draft #30 lots of team could use him but Phx will prob use a pick on him or Cleveland etc. Its like MIN drafting 3 PGs except the Suns need Wings

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              It depends who drafts him IMO
                              A team like the Spurs would probably use him effectively
                              lol spurs could probably use kwame brown effectively

Comment

• Wow. Shabazz did a great job getting people involved when Florida shut down his offense. That was a solid, mature game.

Comment

Working...
                                X