No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I doubt drafting someone with current better overall offense will translate in a better record for next year, i'd rather draft a project which whom would be ready in 3-4 years when raptors will win a championship.

Tavares would be really nice with the SAC 2nd rounder.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
      I doubt drafting someone with current better overall offense will translate in a better record for next year, i'd rather draft a project which whom would be ready in 3-4 years when raptors will win a championship.

Tavares would be really nice with the SAC 2nd rounder.
      Nooooo dude. he's not that good. and he's definitely got the potential to be a complete non-contributor. there will be guys who can fill a 10th man role safely at that point in the draft i'd say.

he's got 0 touch around the rim, can't really jump (even compared to a guy like hibbert) and could maybe suffer some tough injuries given his size and massive, freakish feet
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• If the role is backup Centre I want me some Mitch McGary
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          Nooooo dude. he's not that good. and he's definitely got the potential to be a complete non-contributor. there will be guys who can fill a 10th man role safely at that point in the draft i'd say.
          As does every player picked in that range.

I guess vision of the ideal prospect is more directed to the philosophy you have of the Raptors and the window of success. I have a huge interest in Grant because he is a a prospect who would thrive in a defense, grind and hustle team system modeled by Casey.
          Myself (March 2014):
          The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            If the role is backup Centre I want me some Mitch McGary
            jordan bachynski? he seems nice to me
            "Bruno?
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

As does every player picked in that range.

I guess vision of the ideal prospect is more directed to the philosophy you have of the Raptors and the window of success. I have a huge interest in Grant because he is a a prospect who would thrive in a defense, grind and hustle team system modeled by Casey.
              I dont know. I think in this year's draft you should be able to pick someone who has an actual NBA ready skill - be it defense, 3 point shooting, etc.

I'm not sure that tall bastard's even officially declared and I'd imagine there's a good chance he'll be around with our last pick. If not, guys like Bachynski or McGary will be around who offer similar skill sets.
              "Bruno?
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• If our window of success isn't in the next 3 or 4 years, I think we should be tanking, and not making any moves for any reason other than increasing our young, developing assets.
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

If our window of success isn't in the next 3 or 4 years, I think we should be tanking, and not making any moves for any reason other than increasing our young, developing assets.
                  To some degree I agree.

If we aren't going for contention we should be looking to further the youth movement.

However I don't know if tanking is the best route to go now. That would require doing a full roster wholesale. I think if we build a winning culture (winning builds more winning) that we slowly peel off talented players (ex DD, Lowry), for younger, higher potential players over the next few seasons and just build slowly, all the while winning so we can attract FA's to fill minor holes (or Durant)

Comment

If our window of success isn't in the next 3 or 4 years, I think we should be tanking, and not making any moves for any reason other than increasing our young, developing assets.
                    I agree, this is why the priority of the organisation is internal growth. IF you got a couple of young stud prospects, it can open the window even more to proceed to a Harden type of trade.

stooley wrote: View Post
                    I dont know. I think in this year's draft you should be able to pick someone who has an actual NBA ready skill - be it defense, 3 point shooting, etc.
                    Grant defense and motor are definitely NBA caliber skill.

Btw, thanks @Stooley for helping me kill time at work haha.
                    Myself (March 2014):

Comment

Grant defense and motor are definitely NBA caliber skill.

Btw, thanks @Stooley for helping me kill time at work haha.
                      Ahahaha. Tell me about it, I sit here all day doing nothing except posting on these damn boards.

But I was referring to our 2nd rounder as hopefully having some kind of nba skill - which is why i probably wouldnt reach for tavares with that one.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Ahahaha. Tell me about it, I sit here all day doing nothing except posting on these damn boards.

But I was referring to our 2nd rounder as hopefully having some kind of nba skill - which is why i probably wouldnt reach for tavares with that one.
                        Office work is such a pain haha.

Oh I see, I haven't gone too deep into the 2nd rounders, but Tavares seems like the best 7 footer there? assuming Mitch McGary is picked earlier.

Actually is being 7ft considered a talent? (aside of Bullar, cuz, yeah...)
                        Myself (March 2014):

Comment

What is your job and how can I apply?
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                            What is your job and how can I apply?
                            I'm secretly the GM of the Raptors. This is where I make all my decisions.

But seriously, I'll be slowing way down on here very soon. Taking advantage while I can.
                            "Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Office work is such a pain haha.

Oh I see, I haven't gone too deep into the 2nd rounders, but Tavares seems like the best 7 footer there? assuming Mitch McGary is picked earlier.

Actually is being 7ft considered a talent? (aside of Bullar, cuz, yeah...)
                              Bhullars talent is his impressively strong bone structure that has supported his giant ass all these years. :P
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I'm secretly the GM of the Raptors. This is where I make all my decisions.
                                Then the raptors must have two GMs because I am Masai Ujiri. Tenforthewin is my inspiration.

Comment

Working...
                                X