The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    I understand where y'all coming from but I sorta disagree.

His post moves aren't as bad as advertised, he was just playing in a terrible environment with scoring guards taking contested jumpers instead of looking for him so he felt the urge to do too much when he actually had the ball. He can sink hook shots with either hands over everyone with his great length and gets deep paint position every time he runs the court. He also as Ibaka range.

I agree with flawed footwork though he is only 18, a full year younger than Randle basically, and as a willing worker it would really shock me if he doesn't improve that aspect of his game in a better setting.

I see his floor as a more powerful and better rebounder than Ibaka, which is still a borderline allstar.
    I assume this is Vonleh, right?

One area that forecasts well from college to NBA is rebounding.

Noah Vonleh is the second youngest prospect (after Aaron Gordon) in this draft class, but still ranks as the #1 rebounder among our top-100 prospects at nearly 15 rebounds per-40 minutes.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz31n7ixRuC
    http://www.draftexpress.com

I think Vonleh and JV could make a very good front court together for the next decade or more.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      I assume this is Vonleh, right?

One area that forecasts well from college to NBA is rebounding.

I think Vonleh and JV could make a very good front court together for the next decade or more.
      Yeah was talking about Vonleh, I sure was hoping to see that front court when the tanking discussion was heated.
      Myself (March 2014):
      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Vonleh is my new dream get from this draft, assuming Wiggins is impossible. He might be there at 6-10th pick, and those picks seem more likely to be traded than the top 5. If Masai can swoop in with a trade (via getting another pick via salary absorption and packaging to trade up) and grab Vonleh, that would be awesome.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Getting our hands on Vonleh would be niceee

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
            I understand where y'all coming from but I sorta disagree.

His post moves aren't as bad as advertised, he was just playing in a terrible environment with scoring guards taking contested jumpers instead of looking for him so he felt the urge to do too much when he actually had the ball. He can sink hook shots with either hands over everyone with his great length and gets deep paint position every time he runs the court. He also as Ibaka range.

I agree with flawed footwork though he is only 18, a full year younger than Randle basically, and as a willing worker it would really shock me if he doesn't improve that aspect of his game in a better setting.

I see his floor as a more powerful and better rebounder than Ibaka, which is still a borderline allstar.
            You're totally right there, Indiana was a mess and the guard play left me scratching my head with all their chucking. Certainly not a great environment for him to flourish. He was actually considered to be a project, so he had a very impressive year really.
            I think he could become a more versatile offensive player than Ibaka, who is pretty much just a jump shooter, and also a better defender, as Ibaka is mostly just flash but overall is a tad overrated on that end IMO. (Still a good player). But of course this is just potential.

He's my third fav prospect in the draft after Exum and Embiid

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
              Getting our hands on Vonleh would be niceee
              There is no way this is happening from the # 20 slot somehow i just dont raps trading into top 5 because i honestly think vonleh will be top 5 pick

Comment

• May 20th is going to help with the draft outlook.

That is the night of the lottery.

Comment

• just read that we interviewed Marcus Smart... we trading up in the draft?
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    just read that we interviewed Marcus Smart... we trading up in the draft?
                    Sign and trade with Lakers

Good bye Lowry; hello Steve and Marcus.

jk

Comment

• For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• too early to tell but we appear to be trending PG
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            too early to tell but we appear to be trending PG
                            Way too earlier! Really doubt we go PG. I still think we go with Jerami Grant. Give Casey another defensive tool.

@chadfordinsider: Jerami Grant measured 6' 6.5" in socks. 6' 7.75" in shoes. 7' 2.5" wing. 8' 11" standing reach. That might push him into the PF range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MU just doing due diligence. There's bound to be a top 10 guy that takes a fall when its revealed he's a league of legends fan or something stupid. if anyone's going to fall it'll probably be Smart.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• there's a debate topic...who is the Manziel of this draft?

Comment

Working...
                                X