The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I don't mean to get the thread off topic, but would a Monroe-Barnes trade work for both teams?

Barnes would be a great 3pt shooting SF for Detroit, allowing them to move Smith to PF.

With Bogut's career winding down and him being so injury prone (and O'Neal mulling retirement), not to mention rumors that Steve Kerr may implement the triangle offense in GS (which requires a big with good court vision and passing abilities), Monroe might be a good option for them (as either a C or PF).
    Would have to be sign and trade apparently.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Yeah, it would be really hard to get the salaries to work for a GSW-DET Monroe S+T.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
        Would have to be sign and trade apparently.
        DanH wrote: View Post
        Yeah, it would be really hard to get the salaries to work for a GSW-DET Monroe S+T.
        Agreed. Although GS has a $9.8M TPE...

I shudder at the lack of defense in Monroe-Lee front court, although a Bogut/Lee/Monroe C/PF rotation would be pretty solid.

I'd still like to find a way to somehow add Barnes to the Raptors, even if both DeRozan and Ross are still on the roster. Lower of the team's 2 2016 1st round picks?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          Agreed. Although GS has a $9.8M TPE...

I shudder at the lack of defense in Monroe-Lee front court, although a Bogut/Lee/Monroe C/PF rotation would be pretty solid.

I'd still like to find a way to somehow add Barnes to the Raptors, even if both DeRozan and Ross are still on the roster. Lower of the team's 2 2016 1st round picks?
          A DD-Ross-Barnes wing rotation would be awesome.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Combine strength and agility drills results are up:

http://stats.nba.com/draftCombineLan...owsPerPage=100

Stauskas and Ennis did not hurt their draft stock today.

Markell Brown and Jahii Carson were the highest flyers.

Comment

• LaVine absolutely killed the combine. Man alive, look at the agility and leap ranks.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                Combine strength and agility drills results are up:

http://stats.nba.com/draftCombineLan...owsPerPage=100

Stauskas and Ennis did not hurt their draft stock today.

Markell Brown and Jahii Carson were the highest flyers.
                Nik Stauskas quicker than Marcus Smart and similar verticals.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Stauskas definitely helped his stock if anything.

Comment

Yeah, but quick isn't Smart's game - he's a big PG that uses his size, not unlike Lowry.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This setting also has flaws though. These measurements are a pretty small piece of data in terms of fitting into the puzzle of a draft prospect.

Comment

It's about how you use it explosively in a game.

Tyler Hansbrough had one of the best combines of any player in his year. Elite vertical, strong as fuck, and pretty quick for his position.

Comment

• We should choose best player available in the draft but i think it should be sf > c we really need a big strong sf rodney hood ? since joe jesus killed us and ross imo is truly a sg, we pick a sf in this draft and i think we can get a back up center through free agency maybe like emeka okafor, find some guy in d league maybe, like seriously chuck hayes -_-

Comment

How many people said he wasn't athletic? When I and others said he could POSSIBLY play some PG we were laughed at. Who's laughing now...muhahahaha...

sorry, my bad. just having an evil laugh moment

Comment

• Marlin talked to Florida's Billy Donovan, the U19 head coach, who relayed Marlin's pitch to men's national team director Sean Ford. Intrigued by Elfrid's skill set and recent success, USA Basketball invited him to camp in Colorado Springs.

"From an age standpoint they were all similar," said Ford, "but [Elfrid] was almost three years older basketball-wise than a guy like Jahlil Okafor. He brought a basketball maturity in terms of the professionalism he brought to practice and games, the preparation and focus."

Payton joined a talented group that also included Marcus Smart and Aaron Gordon. He didn't just make the roster -- he earned a starting spot on a Team USA squad that breezed to a gold medal last summer, winning by an average of 39.6 points per game.

"I always felt kind of underrated -- nothing is wrong with that," Payton said. "But I always tried to play with a chip on my shoulder. It was all about trying to prove to them and also to myself that I can play on that level. I always thought I could, but it was all about going out there and showing it."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...tte-nba-draft/
                              Nice article on Elfrid.

There really are a number of prospects in this draft I really, really like.

Comment

• TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                                We should choose best player available in the draft but i think it should be sf > c we really need a big strong sf rodney hood ? since joe jesus killed us and ross imo is truly a sg, we pick a sf in this draft and i think we can get a back up center through free agency maybe like emeka okafor, find some guy in d league maybe, like seriously chuck hayes -_-
                                I agree with the idea of a strong SF, but I was not impressed with Hood by the end of the NCAA season. Pretty one dimensional on offense (corner 3, not much else), and not a savant on defense. Is Hood better than Ross adding 10lbs. of muscle over the off-season?

Comment

Working...
                                X