No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just looked at results, Jordan Adams should have avoided today. What was his agent doing? They would have known that today would not work for him. He was getting similar numbers as Centers.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

I'm sure this made matt very mchappy.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Oh man I want him I want him I want him

Comment

• If i had to choose between the 3 top PF's in this draft, Vonleh, Gordon or Randle. I'd take Gordon. He's just an insane athlete. So much potential. He could be the next Blake Griffin.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

If i had to choose between the 3 top PF's in this draft, Vonleh, Gordon or Randle. I'd take Gordon. He's just an insane athlete. So much potential. He could be the next Blake Griffin.
              I wouldn't build a team around blake.

I'd take a young Chris Bosh over him.

If you put Chris Bosh of 06-07 with Deandre Jordan, that's a very dangerous frontcourt.

Lots of smart people would say I'm an idiot though.
              "Bruno?
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                I think they keep it and pick McDermott

McDermott = Ryan Anderson
                Drummond = Dwight Howard
                MerDermott is only 6' 8" and Ryan Anderson has legit PF size @ 6' 10" and is a decent rebounder. McDermott is more like Wally Sczcerbiak - a slow-footed, but very crafty SF.

Drummond/Dwight comp is pretty close, though.

Comment

• There goes my LaVine to Raptors at 20 dream

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• @chadfordinsider: Cleanthony Early with a 40" max vert. #NBACombine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

There goes my LaVine to Raptors at 20 dream

Not surprised, but to be honest, I'm not sure that really affects their stock that much.

Everyone knew they were both freak athletes. The criticism was their basketball skills.

Although, LaVine falling to us was probably always a pipe dream.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

If i had to choose between the 3 top PF's in this draft, Vonleh, Gordon or Randle. I'd take Gordon. He's just an insane athlete. So much potential. He could be the next Blake Griffin.
                        I'm not sure if you could tell but I'm a big fan of Vonleh

11.75" hands
                        37" vertical
                        7'4" wingspan
                        6'10"

elite rebounder
                        range to 3

oh man sign me up

One thing I like about Vonleh and Gordon are both are youngest in draft (Gordon being absolute youngest).
                        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri May 16, 2014, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• @WolstatSun: Tennessee forward Jarnell Stokes, who only recently declared for the draft, worked out for the Raptors. Said he emulates David West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I wouldn't. Gordon is still pretty skinny for a PF. He also has no reliable offensive skills at all. Blake was bigger, and had some moves coming into the league as well as a good touch. Gordon at this point is just a freak athlete lacking any kind of go-to skills.

I'd take Vonleh, then Randle, then Gordon....

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                              I wouldn't build a team around blake.

I'd take a young Chris Bosh over him.

If you put Chris Bosh of 06-07 with Deandre Jordan, that's a very dangerous frontcourt.

Lots of smart people would say I'm an idiot though.
                              Yeah....I don't think I would take a Young Bosh. Bosh was indecisive, settled a lot for jumpers, lacked toughness, didn't do a good job involving his teammates, had no backdown game and didn't really play D until he got to Miami. Blake is more decisive, has more versatiliy (although less range) on O, does a good job passing the ball and involving his teammates, and his D made big strides this year under Rivers. Griffin played like a top 5 player this year, something Bosh has never done.

Comment

• BC could have traded Bosh for Griffin (well Clippers first round pick) and opted to keep him on the roster and try to win around him.. #fail

Comment

Working...
                                X