No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love to see us grab Dwight Powell in the second round, measured 6'9.5" bare feet, will get a 6'11" NBA listing adjusted for shoes. He showed he can run the floor at the combine and also that he has the ability to stretch the floor. Right now he is 234lbs and 22 years old, I think within a few years he can get up to 250 and be able to play both the 4 and 5 spots in the NBA, but would be a nice reserve stretch 4 man with post skills to compliment our roster. Novak, Hayes, and Hansbrough all need to go. ( I thought Tyler would have given us more).
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
      I would love to see us grab Dwight Powell in the second round, measured 6'9.5" bare feet, will get a 6'11" NBA listing adjusted for shoes. He showed he can run the floor at the combine and also that he has the ability to stretch the floor. Right now he is 234lbs and 22 years old, I think within a few years he can get up to 250 and be able to play both the 4 and 5 spots in the NBA, but would be a nice reserve stretch 4 man with post skills to compliment our roster. Novak, Hayes, and Hansbrough all need to go. ( I thought Tyler would have given us more).
      I think Novak will be the hardest to get rid of, who wants his contract?
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Anyone feel like Kyle Anderson can play the 4? I was really big on him till I saw he had body fat percentage of 13.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        From what I have read a lot of NBA GMs are calling him a 4 in the mould of Boris Diaw, they don't feel he can guard any other position and that he can be used to run the offense through. Maybe even like Lamar Odom in the later years, but not the last 2)
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
          I think Novak will be the hardest to get rid of, who wants his contract?
          I would be fine if MLSE just ate his contract and got him off the roster. We don't need to carry the full compliment of players as well, say good bye to Stone, he was just dead weight.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

From what I have read a lot of NBA GMs are calling him a 4 in the mould of Boris Diaw, they don't feel he can guard any other position and that he can be used to run the offense through. Maybe even like Lamar Odom in the later years, but not the last 2)
            If this is the case, I want absolutely nothing to do with Anderson.

How do people feel about taking Nurkic with our first pick? Hood? Early?
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• I really hope Celtics or Lakers win lottery today. NBA sites would be full of conspiracy stories

Comment

I would be fine if MLSE just ate his contract and got him off the roster. We don't need to carry the full compliment of players as well, say good bye to Stone, he was just dead weight.
                Clogs cap space, is the issue. Would be great to trade him for an expiring this year to free up almost 4M in cap room next summer.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                  If this is the case, I want absolutely nothing to do with Anderson.

How do people feel about taking Nurkic with our first pick? Hood? Early?
                  Would like Nurkic. Hood appears too 1-dimensional as a poor defender good shooter type of player. I would rather bring sonny Weems back instead of wasting a pick on Early.

If he slides, I would like to trade up to get Young.

Also, I would like to take a flyer on Ejim in our late 2nd rounder. Best shooter at the combine, plays with passion and his a great teammate. Would replace Acy in my heart.
                  Myself (March 2014):
                  The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    I really hope Celtics or Lakers win lottery today. NBA sites would be full of conspiracy stories
                    Cheering for the Lakers. Hopefully they move up in the draft.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Cheering for the Lakers. Hopefully they move up in the draft.
                      What? How? Why?

Bejeezus, give someone else a shot. Who wouldn't want to see a Milwaukee dynasty?
                      Last edited by stooley; Tue May 20, 2014, 01:27 PM.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

What? How? Why?

Bejeezus, give someone else a shot. Who wouldn't want to see a Milwaukee dynasty?
                        Not me. Milwaukee? really? no one cares about basketball in Milwaukee.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Exactly!
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Exactly!
                            Oh i get it now lol.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Oscar Robertson and Kareem Abdul Jabar might disagree with that ...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Oscar Robertson and Kareem Abdul Jabar might disagree with that ...
                                That's like in the 70's! come on man!
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X