• Time to add some UCLA names to the watch list:

Kyle Anderson (2nd round)
    Jordan Adams
    Zach LaVine

Comment

• Jahii Carson is interesting.

Size is an issue but Ty Lawson managed - lol

Comment

• Utah must be drooling over Parker like most Raptor fans are drooling over Wiggins.

Comment

• Too many teams already have too much of a head start on us (tanking). We should be switching our draft watch to the same range where we picked Ross (at best).

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Too many teams already have too much of a head start on us (tanking). We should be switching our draft watch to the same range where we picked Ross (at best).
            At 8 I like:
            Gary Harris SG
            Glenn Robinson III SF
            Semaj Christon PG
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Too many teams already have too much of a head start on us (tanking). We should be switching our draft watch to the same range where we picked Ross (at best).
              The season is 13 games in.

The difference between 4th seed and last in east is 3.5 games.

There are a lot of teams not tanking but suffering from injuries or chemistry issues. In the East only teams likely to be tanking are Boston, Orlando, and Philly. Milwaukee has injuries and an owner who values a first round exit ($). Brooklyn has 2 starters and a key reserve out and still adjusting to the new roster. New York has 2 starters out. DeTroit, Charlotte, Cleveland, and Washington are all trying to make the playoffs this year - they are not tanking. In the West you have Utah outright tanking and Sacramento are bad - but trying to get better.

The Raptors don't have to have the worst record to get a top pick in the draft. Even the team with the worst record is only guaranteed a 25% shot at #1.

Comment

• Getting the #1 pick would be awesome.. but the lottery is for the top 3, not just #1. Getting into the top 3 in this draft could be franchise altering. So as long as the Raptors are in the 4-8 range I think they have a good chance of getting one of those picks. If not, then I think they can get a really decent back up prize (Exum/Smart/Gordon for example).

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

There are a lot of teams not tanking but suffering from injuries or chemistry issues. In the East only teams likely to be tanking are Boston, Orlando, and Philly. Milwaukee has injuries and an owner who values a first round exit ($). Brooklyn has 2 starters and a key reserve out and still adjusting to the new roster. New York has 2 starters out. DeTroit, Charlotte, Cleveland, and Washington are all trying to make the playoffs this year - they are not tanking. In the West you have Utah outright tanking and Sacramento are bad - but trying to get better.

The Raptors don't have to have the worst record to get a top pick in the draft. Even the team with the worst record is only guaranteed a 25% shot at #1.
                  That number's getting bigger every day. Blow it up already.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    At 8 I like:
                    Gary Harris SG
                    Glenn Robinson III SF
                    Semaj Christon PG
                    I'm hearing a lot of good things about Semaj Christon. I think we have a pretty good players as far as our bigs are concerned, but we need more play makers at the PG/SG spots. If we can even go after a bit of a project with a lot of upside as a playmaker I would go look for that in the draft

Comment

I could be completely wrong, but I have a strong feeling that we aren't tanking. I mean, MU isn't dumb and knows that the teams that are tanking aren't waiting to evaluate their rosters before they decide what they want to do. Everyone knows whom the real prizes in the draft are and either in for a tank or out. The fact that MU hasn't shown that he is in means he is out, imo. Those teams you mentioned in the east and west that are tanking will have a bigger lead by the time trades are okay to commence which is supposedly when MU will make his decision by.

My thoughts are that MU will make a move to get better. It will either work and we will earn a spot in the playoffs or it won't and we will end up on the treadmill.

Comment

Parker and Hood are the NCAA DeRozan and Gay.... except they are efficient and both clean the glass.

Parker with another stellar game with 26 and 9 on 11-16 shooting. Has not scored less than 21 in his NCAA career and has only shot less than .500 once (8-18).

But bring on that 4th seed! Whooo!
                        Dude follow your own rules.

Matt52 wrote:
                        ..... so if you feel the need to discuss the merits of tanking versus building, go look at one of the above threads.
                        That's from your OP. You're just going to start a tank vs. anti-tank argument by making snark remarks like that.

Comment

I could be completely wrong, but I have a strong feeling that we aren't tanking. I mean, MU isn't dumb and knows that the teams that are tanking aren't waiting to evaluate their rosters before they decide what they want to do. Everyone knows whom the real prizes in the draft are and either in for a tank or out. The fact that MU hasn't shown that he is in means he is out, imo. Those teams you mentioned in the east and west that are tanking will have a bigger lead by the time trades are okay to commence which is supposedly when MU will make his decision by.

My thoughts are that MU will make a move to get better. It will either work and we will earn a spot in the playoffs or it won't and we will end up on the treadmill.
                          Time will tell.

He could also be waiting to December 15 (as he said) and making sure the Raptors get top value for their assets. Nothing like telling everyone you want to trade a guy to kill his value, eh Colangelo? lol

Regarding early season, last year Orlando started 7-5 and ended the year with 20 wins (19 and 20 came in game 81 and 82) for the 2nd worst record in the league.

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
                            Dude follow your own rules.

That's from your OP. You're just going to start a tank vs. anti-tank argument by making snark remarks like that.
                            Thank you Nosike.

Where would I be without your guidance.

Did you know there was a forum rule about moderating others? Just saying.....

Comment

Thank you Nosike.

Where would I be without your guidance.

Did you know there was a forum rule about moderating others? Just saying.....
                              I'm not moderating you, I'm trying to make sure this doesn't become another tank vs. anti-tank thread.

Of course though I'm in the wrong and you're right. No worries.

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
                                I'm not moderating you, I'm trying to make sure this doesn't become another tank vs. anti-tank thread.

Of course though I'm in the wrong and you're right. No worries.
                                Thankfully it had not gone off course.

But I do thank you for your concern.

Glad we finally got the bold straight lol

But in seriousness it was originally a sarcastic comment indeed but it was meant to highlight Parker and his crazy talent. Everyone talking about Wiggins #1 I continue to believe that is not going to happen based on performances thus far.

Comment

Working...
                                X