The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Definitely wasn't indicting McDermott as a player though. I like that comparison someone made earlier of "Fields with a jumpshot". That could really be a great player for us off the bench. Especially if he can utilize/work on his lateral quicks to at least be an adequate defender.
    Landry had a jumpshot when he was in stanford. He averaged like 22 a game. Even in New york he shot like 40% from three i think.

Id see Mcdermott as a Landry but with a BETTER jumpshot but a worse defensive game. He would be a solid pick up at 20
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      Landry had a jumpshot when he was in stanford. He averaged like 22 a game. Even in New york he shot like 40% from three i think.

Id see Mcdermott as a Landry but with a BETTER jumpshot but a worse defensive game. He would be a solid pick up at 20
      I have to admit I like his game, the way he attacks people feet tells me he will not have a problem getting off his shot in the nba. As far as defense I don't think he will do worst than demar but I don't think he will be there at 20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I think if we try and bring a Canadian home it should be him.

Comment

• With Cleveland having number 1 they need a SG or a center. Any of u think moving allstar demar could get us wiggins? I think this is the best set up for us to get him

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
            I think if we try and bring a Canadian home it should be him.

McDermott is from North Dakota and went to HS in Iowa.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
              McDermott is from North Dakota and went to HS in Iowa.
              Thx my bad lol

Comment

• Grindhouse is probably confusing McDermott with Nik Stauskas, the OTHER white guy SG who's a lights-out shooter in this draft.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  With Cleveland having number 1 they need a SG or a center. Any of u think moving allstar demar could get us wiggins? I think this is the best set up for us to get him

Just nope.

Comment

• McDermott was a high school teammate of Harrison Barnes.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                      McDermott was a high school teammate of Harrison Barnes.
                      So drafting McDermott will lure Harrison Barnes onto the raptors?
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

No, It will lure McDermott to the Warriors.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Raptors aint no Drew League squad LOLL...

Comment

• McDermott? I don't know, not sold on him at all. Maybe some of you can convince me, but I'm taking athleticism, great potential defence, and shooting ability. Robinson III is my favourite guy in terms of reasonable selection at our spot. I really hope James Young falls, however. Kyle Anderson seems nice too with his versatility, but, is he a defensive player at alll?

Quite frankly, I'm not totally educated other then the big, constantly mentioned names in the draft like the top 7-8 and a few in the first-round and those that went deep in the tourney.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                              McDermott? I don't know, not sold on him at all. Maybe some of you can convince me, but I'm taking athleticism, great potential defence, and shooting ability. Robinson III is my favourite guy in terms of reasonable selection at our spot. I really hope James Young falls, however. Kyle Anderson seems nice too with his versatility, but, is he a defensive player at alll?

Quite frankly, I'm not totally educated other then the big, constantly mentioned names in the draft like the top 7-8 and a few in the first-round and those that went deep in the tourney.
                              Other than LaVine none of the UCLA kids tested well athletically, so I'm not sure that Anderson will fit your criteria. Also, isn't his nickname , slo-mo? To be honest McDermott is probably more athletic, and has a ridiculous b-ball IQ. James Young, GRIII and UCONN's Daniels (2nd rounder) pique my interest as SFs...Lots of strong PGs, and PFs this year.

Comment

Under Basketball IQ in the Scouting Report vid they note:

High IQ Player. Understands the game on both ends.
                                Very smart team defender. almost always in position.
                                Makes the right paly on offense - only 2.1 TOs per 40 min.
                                Will be able to pick up defensive schemes and offensive sets.

Looks interesting. Plays crafty. I like the Fields comparison. Hard to say if he has the speed for the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X