The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    pretty crazy to think if Milwaukee play their cards right they could have one of the east's best teams in a couple years
    Good thing its Milwaukee, so there's no chance of that actually happening.

Comment

• The more I look at this draft the more I am feeling kyle Anderson is #1 pick for me.

Grant was shows some sf skills in the workout vid but can he hit the 3 ball?

Early takes his game to the next level against good competition major sleeper in this draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Good thing its Milwaukee, so there's no chance of that actually happening.
        New ownership.

Hopefully better days for them.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          a 6'6 three that can defend, stuff the stat sheet and spread the floor is literally exactly Ross. if we're going to get a 3, it should be a true 3 who's minimum 6'8, because ross did a pretty damn good job there all year, and if he gains some weight, he'll be just fine in handling guys like JJ.

people are forgetting what happened during the regular season, and remembering the playoffs too well. Ross played like crap and couldn't even stay on the floor, but for most of the year, he was guarding bigger threes without too much trouble
          Height isn't that big of a deal if your only a inch or so under. Wingspan is the most important. Ross 6'7" McDaniels 6'11". McDaniel might way that much more that Ross but is just more physical and willing to mix it up in the paint. McDaniels played the 4 through his college career. His use to being undersized.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I'm really liking McDaniels.. hopefully he or Ennis are available @20 or MU is able to steal Chicago's 16th pick and gets both of these guys.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              You mean Tahj Mowry
              Yea that's the dude from smart guy
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• MU do whatever it takes and get this kid.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...HDmp4-3293324/

Comment

• Deandre Kane was giving Anderson props in his interview called him big and strong point guard

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    Deandre Kane was giving Anderson props in his interview called him big and strong point guard

Toronto Raps had him listed as a guard on their website. If they do draft him, my guess is they bring him in as a PG -- NOT as a SF.

Comment

• So lots of input into who we should take IF that person is available at the 20 slot. If we are to try to trade up any thoughts on who we are likely to do business with ? Its not impossible but very long odds that we can find a trade partner with something they want that we have to move up into the top 10.
                      So that leaves moving up in the 15-17 range or buying a second first round pick in the mid 20's.
                      Phoenix has 2 picks beyond their lottery at 14. One of those is just ahead @ 18 and below at 27. They might deal just to spread out the number of rookies coming in.
                      The Bulls have two at 16 and 19 and may be looking to conserve any and all cap room to make a run at Carmello. A bad boozer contract will have to be choked down for a year to get a sniff at one or both.
                      OKC has two in the high and low 20's and would likely listen as adding a 21st to the roster really doesn't change thier window and thinking.
                      All of these of course come at a price. Anyone want to put out there who you think we might be able to do business with ?
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                        Toronto Raps had him listed as a guard on their website. If they do draft him, my guess is they bring him in as a PG -- NOT as a SF.
                        I don't know. Feel like size still ends up dictating position most of the time, and not skill set. You have to be pretty damn special to have unique size at your position and get away with it. You don't see lots of Barkleys or Magics in the league. If you're big and you can pass, chances are you end up playing wing or forward, like Diaw, Jalen Rose, Toni Kukoc, Hedo, etc...

Comment

• If Masai wants a PG, don't get him, get Payton or Ennis.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            I don't know. Feel like size still ends up dictating position most of the time, and not skill set. You have to be pretty damn special to have unique size at your position and get away with it. You don't see lots of Barkleys or Magics in the league. If you're big and you can pass, chances are you end up playing wing or forward, like Diaw, Jalen Rose, Toni Kukoc, Hedo, etc...
                            Well it wouldn't surprise me if having him compete with Kane as a point guard was to throw off pundits and people like us...

007 wrote: View Post
                            If Masai wants a PG, don't get him, get Payton or Ennis.
                            Ideally yes, I agree.

It's pretty interesting who they've brought in. Change of pace point guards, tall/long point guards, more traditional point guards, and players who've played both PG and SG. Meanwhile, I can't think of 1 player who can only play SG coming in for a workout, only 5 or 6 SF (all either tall or big in build), most of the PFs have been undersized; no one of first round quality, and the centers all seem to be end of 2nd round types.

The only thing that seems obvious, is that they will most likely grab a point guard with one of their picks.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              So lots of input into who we should take IF that person is available at the 20 slot. If we are to try to trade up any thoughts on who we are likely to do business with ? Its not impossible but very long odds that we can find a trade partner with something they want that we have to move up into the top 10.
                              So that leaves moving up in the 15-17 range or buying a second first round pick in the mid 20's.
                              Phoenix has 2 picks beyond their lottery at 14. One of those is just ahead @ 18 and below at 27. They might deal just to spread out the number of rookies coming in.
                              The Bulls have two at 16 and 19 and may be looking to conserve any and all cap room to make a run at Carmello. A bad boozer contract will have to be choked down for a year to get a sniff at one or both.
                              OKC has two in the high and low 20's and would likely listen as adding a 21st to the roster really doesn't change thier window and thinking.
                              All of these of course come at a price. Anyone want to put out there who you think we might be able to do business with ?
                              I can see Lakers willing to trade out of the draft since Kobe is in his last years and they need win now, not develop young talent. Lowry would be a pretty good fit there since he plays defense, hits 3's and doesn't demand touches. Sort of like what Fisher gave them, but way better at all parts of the game.

Smart or Exum might be available with the Lakers pick or Toronto could look for a PG in free agency and use the pick for a PF like Randle or SF like I dunno...haven't been keeping up on whose who in this draft.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                I can see Lakers willing to trade out of the draft since Kobe is in his last years and they need win now, not develop young talent. Lowry would be a pretty good fit there since he plays defense, hits 3's and doesn't demand touches. Sort of like what Fisher gave them, but way better at all parts of the game.

Smart or Exum might be available with the Lakers pick or Toronto could look for a PG in free agency and use the pick for a PF like Randle or SF like I dunno...haven't been keeping up on whose who in this draft.
                                The Lakers are in a funny situation. I mean, does anyone really believe they can build any kind of winner around Kobe in the next couple of years? They have no good pieces on their roster. The smart move would be to keep the pick and start building for the post-Kobe era. But they may be too stubborn for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X