The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    People need to stop worrying so much about Joe Johnson.

We don't need to use our pick on a big SF. We need to use our pick on the best prospect available.
    But what if we meet the nets in the playoffs again and casey refuses to put fields on him? I agree on best prospect available I was thinking we get inglis with a 2nd rounder

Comment

• TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
      But what if we meet the nets in the playoffs again and casey refuses to put fields on him? I agree on best prospect available I was thinking we get inglis with a 2nd rounder
      More importantly, Joe Johnson isn't the problem. The fact that the Raps couldn't defend him is a symptom of 2 larger issues:

1/ As solid as the bench was, it was not constructed to fill all of the Raptors needs
      2/ To play the 3, Ross needs to hit the gym, or he will be exploited every game by teams that will try to exploit his lack of strength.

Comment

• I think I changed my mind. I like Porzingis just as much if not more than Capela. Could a fully white front court ever succeed though?
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          I think I changed my mind. I like Porzingis just as much if not more than Capela. Could a fully white front court ever succeed though?
          Golden State? Lee and Bogut?

Comment

I think I changed my mind. I like Porzingis just as much if not more than Capela. Could a fully white front court ever succeed though?
            I'd be happy with either.

Capela is interesting as Amir's contract reaches it's conclusion.

Comment

I would be happy with either but I like Capela more because he's gonna come over next season
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Porzingis just withdrew from the draft per Woj.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                  Porzingis just withdrew from the draft per Woj.
                  Yeah, saw that...damn. He was pretty high on my board.

Comment

• Watching the finals patty mills is a killer we should be looking to sign billy baron as a undrafted free agent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Porzingis = better version of Alexi Ajinca

Sorry guys, that's just what I think when I see him play.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        Porzingis = better version of Alexi Ajinca

Sorry guys, that's just what I think when I see him play.
                        It's a possibility. But he's young and has solid tools. Definitely some upside there, and might be worth a 20 pick on. Could have more potential than many of the options at that point.

Comment

• Why did porzingis withdraw?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            It's a possibility. But he's young and has solid tools. Definitely some upside there, and might be worth a 20 pick on. Could have more potential than many of the options at that point.
                            I think at 20 there are a lot more players who will have a higher chance of panning out. Porzingis could be a very lethal player if he reaches his potential...but I watched a lot of his interviews and I don't see that drive. He says things like "I'm tall and fast, so I should be a basketball player" and "the girls in Spain are really, really nice"

Not really what I'm looking to hear out of my draft picks (just to be picky)

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              Golden State? Lee and Bogut?
                              Love and Pekovic. Not sure if succeed or defeat though.
                              Myself (March 2014):
                              The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• pick 20
                                Clint Capela
                                Weight: 222 lbs.
                                Height (w/ shoes): 6'11"
                                Wingspan: 7'4.5"
                                Standing Reach: 9'2.5”
                                Hand Width: 10”
                                Hand Length: 9.6”

-Capela is about the same size as Anthony Davis, who measured 6'10.5" in shoes with a 7'5.5" wingspan at 222 pounds. Its no wonder he ranks among the most prolific shot blockers in France.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz34oKe48J1
                                http://www.draftexpress.com

pick 37
                                Damien Inglis
                                Weight: 240 lbs.
                                Height (w/shoes): 6'8.5"
                                Wingspan: 7'3"
                                Standing Reach: 8'11.5”
                                Hand Width: 10”
                                Hand Length: 9.75”

-Inglis looks like a grown man at first glance, and the 18 year old Frenchman lives up to that impression on paper. No small forward in our database that weighs 240 pounds or more has a wingspan on par with Inglis's. His closest match physically may be LeBron James, who stood 6'8 in shoes and weighed 245 pounds with a 7'0.25" wingspan before the 2003 draft. Inglis's wingspan is the same as that of Rudy Gay and Kawhi Leonard. The young small forward is a unique physical specimen.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz34oKFx4sO
                                http://www.draftexpress.com
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X