X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    pick 20

pick 37
    I would be happy with that outcome draft night.

Get one more first round pick and I'd be ecstatic.

Comment

• Clint Capela keeps his name in the next NBA Draft. Sportando - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.4MsbHjIV.dpuf

Comment

pick 20

pick 37
        i'd be ok with this
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Nikola Jokic pulled out.

Comment

• As did Porzingis.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Been trying to get a feeling as to how Masai will select his draft picks this year so went back in history.

As a GM of the Nuggets, MU has only drafted four players.

In 2011 he drafted Kenneth Faried at 22.
              In 2012 he drafted Evan Fournier at 20, Quincy Miller at 38 and İzzet Türkyılmaz at 50.

Looking at the mock drafts in 2011:
              http://www.nba.com/hornets/11_mock_drafts.html

- Faried was ranked about 20-22 (lowest was 19, highest was 28). So I would say that this pick was no surprise at all and ended up being a good pick. If the 2011 draft was redone Faried would most likely be in the lottery.

Looking at the mock drafts in 2012:
              http://www.nba.com/hornets/12draft_mock_drafts.html

- Fournier was ranked about 28-30 (lowest was 23, highest 33). So he reached for this pick. Probably made the right call although I think its still too early to really tell.
              - Miller was ranked about 28-30 (lowest was 25, highest 35). So he was probably selected as a BPA. This seemed like a safe pick, and probably the right one although Miller hasn't really done much in the league.
              - Türkyılmaz was not listed but DraftExpress had him at 58. Essentially MU went for the classic Euro stash. This guy is still basically an unknown.

This is probably an irrelevant post but what I gather from this is that MU will most likely play it safe and not really reach from the current mock drafts.

I couldn't find a summary of all the latest mock drafts.. figured draftexpress is probably the closest to what MU mirrored and currently they predict Elfrid Payton @ 20, Vasilije Micic @ 37 and Josh Huestis @ 59.

Totally forgot about Micic.. early on he was around 17-20. From what I can tell MU has done a lot of scouting overseas as well. Inglis is predicted to go 38th by DE. Wonder how this board would feel if MU drafts Micic over Inglis?

Can't wait for the draft.. only a week and a half left.

Comment

• Apparently Payne's in for a visit (blech)
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I don't think we'd see MU draft Payton and Misic. I think at 20 and 37 he'll take guys who play different positions if he can. And it should be possible since there isn't likely to be a lot of difference in talent level with picks at those spots, especially at 37. I'd be pretty upset if he took Payton and Misic WITH Inglis still on the board at 37. I'd be a little confused even if Inglis wasn't available.

Not to say they should never stack talent at a position, but I don't particularly like that strategy, especially when a team like the Raptors has several needs and no particularly high picks. I mean, really, while at 20 there may be a clear cut BPA scenario, by 37 guys are probably all going to be in the same talent tier (and may even be at 20).

Comment

• You can see in mock drafts all over the Internet that BPA in the 16-28 range is very variable. I'd rather see a guy drafted on fit than go by an hypothetical BPA.

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I don't think we'd see MU draft Payton and Misic.
                    Why not? Small ball is the future
                    PG: Lowry
                    SG: De Colo
                    SF: Payton
                    PF: Stone
                    C: Vasquez
                    6th Misic
                    7th Buycks
                    Myself (March 2014):
                    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

pick 20

pick 37

I think you nailed it. I would be extremely happy with that draft...maybe snag Ejim at 59 if we can
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Inglis gets so much hype around here for a 37th pick.. if MU has an opportunity to draft him and passes I could see some rioting happening here.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          I would be happy with that outcome draft night.

Get one more first round pick and I'd be ecstatic.
                          Don't you think 3 rookies is enough? Only maybe one will get meaningful playing time under Casey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Don't you think 3 rookies is enough? Only maybe one will get meaningful playing time under Casey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            guessing the late second rounder will be a "draft and stash" type pick
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I really hope MU gets a higher pick, I'm really sold on Elfrid Payton, gonna be an all star one day, book it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Inglis gets so much hype around here for a 37th pick.. if MU has an opportunity to draft him and passes I could see some rioting happening here.
                                Haha, hopefully he sees in Inglis what we see in Inglis.

Trust in Masai.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X