The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    I think you nailed it. I would be extremely happy with that draft...maybe snag Ejim at 59 if we can
    if they don't take some 15 year old estonian kid i'd love to see them take Ejim. i really think he can be a role player.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Inglis gets so much hype around here for a 37th pick.. if MU has an opportunity to draft him and passes I could see some rioting happening here.
      Well he has very appealing physical tools, is very young, and 2nd rd picks are low-risk. Don't think it's that people are so in love with him as if he'll be a star, but at 37, he could very well be the highest ceiling prospect available, and given our current team needs, could be a very good long-term fit at SF. So yeah, the thought of getting him is very appealing.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        if they don't take some 15 year old estonian kid i'd love to see them take Ejim. i really think he can be a role player.
        I think he can be too. It might be the only position where I'm ok with the Raptors stacking talent as well. We clearly lack any natural SFs at all. Basically all our wing players are more natural SGs. We could draft a raw one who needs developing, and maybe a guy like Ejim who due to his maturity could find a way to contribute right away. Thus we could also avoid having to find a wing in free agency where options are hardly exciting.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I think he can be too. It might be the only position where I'm ok with the Raptors stacking talent as well. We clearly lack any natural SFs at all. Basically all our wing players are more natural SGs. We could draft a raw one who needs developing, and maybe a guy like Ejim who due to his maturity could find a way to contribute right away. Thus we could also avoid having to find a wing in free agency where options are hardly exciting.
          Rudy Gay?
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
            Rudy Gay?
            Don't even joke about that...

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Don't you think 3 rookies is enough? Only maybe one will get meaningful playing time under Casey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Capela and Inglis would get some playing time because of they're defensive capabilities
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                Rudy Gay?
                LMAO

Rudy will never be back on this team
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• A PG is critical in my opinion.. need that insurance since Lowry could jet (not likely but possible). GV can also then become some good trade bait or can be renounced saving some cash.

So an ideal draft for me would be:

- Trading Salmons and Novak for Boozer + 16.
                  - Drafting Ennis at 16
                  - Drafting McDaniels, Grant, Capela (in that order) at 20
                  - Drafting Little Po or Inglis at 37
                  - Drafting a Euro stash at 59

If Bulls don't want to give up 16, then I'd go with:

- Drafting Payton, McDaniels, Grant, Capela, Anderson (in that order) at 20
                  - Trading Perkins + 21 for Salmons + 59
                  - Drafting McDaniels, Grant, Capela, Anderson (in that order) at 21
                  - Drafting Little Po or Inglis at 37

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Don't you think 3 rookies is enough? Only maybe one will get meaningful playing time under Casey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    If they obtained another 1st, I would imagine one would be a draft and stash.... like ceez said.

I really like this year's draft.

Maybe it is because Raps are picking around 20 and I pay attention more to mid/late first round picks this year.

There are a few guys I like and getting another 1st would be sweet.

Even the 2nd round pick I like the guys who could be there based on DraftExpress: Micic, Inglis, Dinwiddie, Klimenko, Older 'Po

Comment

• I found myself trying to think like the Spurs. Between 20 and 40 who would you consider the most complete player? Who has all facets of the game...doesn't have to be amazing at anything, just well rounded in all aspects?
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Inglis withdrew his name
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Crap. Oh well. My ideal picks at 20 and 37 each shrink by a name.

20: Ennis, Payton, Capela, McDaniels
                            37: Tavares, Dinwiddie, Daniels
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Balls

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Crap. Oh well. My ideal picks at 20 and 37 each shrink by a name.

20: Ennis, Payton, Capela, McDaniels
                                37: Tavares, Dinwiddie, Daniels

Have no fear:

Comment

Working...
                                X