X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiggins: I will always be a Raptors fan

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Inglis withdrawing and then returning smacks of "wanted a team to assure him he's a first-round pick."

Which, to me, screams out "the Spurs told him they'll draft him at 30 if they can get him."

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Damien Inglis got some kind of promise from a team
        Because there is no reason why he would put his name back into the draft
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          Inglis withdrawing and then returning smacks of "wanted a team to assure him he's a first-round pick."

Which, to me, screams out "the Spurs told him they'll draft him at 30 if they can get him."
          Dammit, so we'll have to use our 20 on him, our acquire a pick between us and San Antonio
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Teams as high as the Orlando Magic at No. 12 had traveled to Europe to spend days scouting Porzingis. Sources said the Oklahoma City Thunder had promised to take him with the 21st pick if he stayed in the draft.

However, Miller said that Porzingis was concerned he wasn't ready to make the transition to the NBA, wanted to return to Sevilla in Spain to continue developing and was confident he could go even higher in the 2015 NBA draft.

"He's very talented. He wasn't ready, but we would've seriously considered drafting him anyway," one NBA general manager told ESPN. "If he continues to develop his game, get more minutes and his body develops, I think he could be a top-five pick in 2015. He has that kind of talent."

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/sto...ia-pulls-draft

He pulled a Saric.

Saric was likely to be taken in teens last year and went back to up his stock. Problem is this year's draft is one of better in years for Saric but he still managed to raise his stock it appears.... find out soon enough.

He might have been taken at 21 but that would tie him to 21st rookie scale contract.... money which he'll easily be able to make in Europe.

Makes a lot of sense for him.

Comment

• Yeah, Inglis going back in means he got a promise, so it's not really good news as he won't drop to 37. I guess this theoretically pushes one more choice down to 37 though.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Yeah, Inglis going back in means he got a promise, so it's not really good news as he won't drop to 37. I guess this theoretically pushes one more choice down to 37 though.
                unless we promised him.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                  unless we promised him.
                  Unlikely. Inglis withdrew and then returned immediately; he can get money equivalent to a second-round salary in Europe quite easily. He's a borderline first-round talent already and in 2015 will likely be a guaranteed first-rounder, so the only reason to re-enter the draft is if someone promised him a first-round pick, and the Spurs love French players. And frankly, at 20 he's a bit of a reach right now, unless Masai is really, really convinced he's the real deal.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                    unless we promised him.
                    I hope not. 20 is WAY too high for him.

magoon wrote: View Post
                    Unlikely. Inglis withdrew and then returned immediately; he can get money equivalent to a second-round salary in Europe quite easily. He's a borderline first-round talent already and in 2015 will likely be a guaranteed first-rounder, so the only reason to re-enter the draft is if someone promised him a first-round pick, and the Spurs love French players. And frankly, at 20 he's a bit of a reach right now, unless Masai is really, really convinced he's the real deal.
                    If the choice is only drafting raw talent from the LNB I would pick Capela over Inglis. If the Spurs want Inglis at 30, let them have him quite frankly.

Comment

• Here's a crazy idea: Inglis withdraws and then reenters, with his agent as having that as a plan all-along. The reason? Exactly what's happening now... everyone starts whispering that someone must have promised him something in the late first round, teams start to wonder who might have made the promise, and teams that are picking 15 spots above his projected spot start to take him more seriously out of fear that someone else might be seeing something in him they're not.

Comment

• @WolstatSun: Raptors workout today highlighted by Adraein Payne, Jarnell Stokes, Jordan Adams. Stokes is a sleeper big man in this draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chad Ford doesn't even have inglis in his top 40. Draft express ranks him higher than anyone else that I've seen, so it's possible it's us, not likely, but possible

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Pretty sure it is impossible since he wasn't brought in for a workout yet.
                            Myself (March 2014):
                            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                              Pretty sure it is impossible since he wasn't brought in for a workout yet.
                              do we know if he's really worked out anywhere yet?
                              "Bruno?
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Another ‪#‎Raptors‬ pre-draft workout today, featuring guards Roy Devyn Marble, Sean Kilpatrick, Jordan Adams & C.J. Wilcox, plus forwards Adreian Payne & Jarnell Stokes: http://on.nba.com/T3VYas
                                From raptors FB page
                                Myself (March 2014):
                                The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Working...
                                X