The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
    I don't know about anyone else here, but I would prefer Stokes as SF and keep Patterson to play stretch-PF.
    You're kidding right???
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Stokes is quick for a center. He's no faster than hansbrough. Jj would blow by him every time he got the ball, unless you sag stokes way back and give jj wide open looks.

There's reason to doubt whether he can transition to the pf, asking him to play sf is crazy, I'm sorry.

Amirs a lot quicker than this guy and remember how he wasn't fast enough to guard pierce? Never mind Johnson

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
        Stokes is quick for a center. He's no faster than hansbrough. Jj would blow by him every time he got the ball, unless you sag stokes way back and give jj wide open looks.

There's reason to doubt whether he can transition to the pf, asking him to play sf is crazy, I'm sorry.

Amirs a lot quicker than this guy and remember how he wasn't fast enough to guard pierce? Never mind Johnson

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
        Okay, now I would LOVE to learn where you are getting your info about him from.

1st bold:

Stokes runs the floor very well for his size
        Source

One other strength of his running the floor as he hustles. He hustles and has above average foot speed.
        Stokes presents great lateral quickness along with solid front-line speed.
        Source

A power dunker who has surprising quickness for a big man.
        Source

2nd bold: He is an undersized PF, he isn't even on the 'C' scale of things. Where are you getting 'transition' to PF? He is a tweener between PF and SF, not PF and C!
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          You're kidding right???
          This is the 2nd "your point is so obviously wrong I wont even bother with counter points" argument yet.

Comment

• He's played C his entire life, and pretty much based himself under the net, in the restricted area for his entire career. By his size, they mean a giant, 260 pound 6'8 C. He's just a fast center man. He's just as heavy as Chuck Hayes and slightly taller, that's what they mean by fast for his size.

He only took 37 jump shots last year. Seriously.

If you want a SF who plays like a PF on the offensive end, Grant is a way, way better option.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...l-Stokes-6282/

Watch his draft video. This is the last post I'll make about this, you're just so far off base.
            "Bruno?
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
              New draft express update has the Raps taking Ennis!

Also Jordan Bachynski at 59. LOL! Dude from Calgary that played 4 years and took a year off before school to take a Mormon missionary thingy! I hope he tried to convert Lowry.
              Also, Inglis is taken one pick ahead of our first second rounder. Maybe he slips to us.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                He's played C his entire life, and pretty much based himself under the net, in the restricted area for his entire career. By his size, they mean a giant, 260 pound 6'8 C. He's just a fast center man. He's just as heavy as Chuck Hayes and slightly taller, that's what they mean by fast for his size.

He only took 37 jump shots last year. Seriously.

If you want a SF who plays like a PF on the offensive end, Grant is a way, way better option.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...l-Stokes-6282/

Watch his draft video. This is the last post I'll make about this, you're just so far off base.
                Stokes himself has blamed the lack of in-game shots on the system he played in. According to the Raptors, he can hit the 3 with surprising consistency. He is also faster and more agile than you give him credit. He doesn't come off as slow footed and clumsy as the Chuck Hayes you compared him to. You don't have to comment about him again, but if you do bring actual points and evidence not just assertions.

Comment

• Stokes cannot play small forward. Period end of story. He's a PF or an undersized C. Leave it be and move on.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    This is the 2nd "your point is so obviously wrong I wont even bother with counter points" argument yet.
                    Because its one of the most stupidest post i read in these forums. And i read a lot of stupid ones. Stokes at SF? really? i don't think you've seen him play at all this past season. Just because he's 6'8 and runs the floor well doesn't mean he can play SF in the NBA.

Stokes played C in Tennessee. He's a back to the basket type of player, a power player. He's 6'8 263lbs. Can shoot the ball a little bit. Think of Jared Sullinger. Similar game, body type is similar as well. Do you think Sullinger can play SF?
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Man, Enlightenment, I've watched the Draftexpress video three times now, trying to see something, anything that makes him look like he could play SF, and all I see is a guy who would get destroyed defending the perimeter and struggle to produce away from the basket.

Honestly, I'll take Draftexpress's evaluation over your sources, but you really cherry-picked the hell out of them regardless. The first (the best of the three sources) says that his value is as #34 - to #42, and yeah, I'd take Stokes if he's available at that point. It also describes him as a classic power forward, and says that he needs to improve his quickness. The second source is basically looking at his skillset from a Chicago point of view (the guy also likes McGary) and would like the Bulls to trade down to take him late first, rather than at 19. Says that he can be beat easily by quick ball-handlers. The third source is so brief it's hard to take seriously... only two lines in total about his cons.

Comment

• Also do not say Hayes is clumsy and slow footed on defense, he definitely isn't. He has tremendous defensive footwork and is always contesting shot placing himself in between the opponent and the basket. That doesn't make him quick enough to guard anything else beside bigs.
                        Myself (March 2014):
                        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Stokes is a guy that you put on Lebron. He won't stop the drive but nobody can but he will however eliminate lebrons post game completely. So that leaves a driving lebron which is hard to stop but can with help defenders like Amir and hopefully jonas.

I think enlightens is saying stokes can guard the REALLY big sf that could be pf like Lebrun. And that about it, maybe Paul Pearce and melo but that it.
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            Stokes is a guy that you put on Lebron. He won't stop the drive but nobody can but he will however eliminate lebrons post game completely. So that leaves a driving lebron which is hard to stop but can with help defenders like Amir and hopefully jonas.

I think enlightens is saying stokes can guard the REALLY big sf that could be pf like Lebrun. And that about it, maybe Paul Pearce and melo but that it.
                            chuck hayes could stop lebron's post up game though, that's not gonna be enough to stop him (note: i know stokes is much faster than hayes, the point is, he's not adding anything else on defense beyond post-ups if you put him on the perimeter)

lebron still has the drive and the shot.

people have been a little harsh, but it's just not feasible in any way.
                            "Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Stokes is a stretch as a stretch 4...I see nothing that makes me think he can stay in front of the Lebron's, Durants, and Melo's of the league
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Is Stokes still a reach at 20?

Will he be there at 37?
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X