No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't believe this report.. doesn't seem possible to me without a 3rd team. NO doesn't have the cap space for Asik. They don't have a TPE or large non-guaranteed contracts.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      yea hes not a 3 point shooter yet but he can hit em.. i remember the USA game where he hit like 3 threes in a row within a couple of mins. but yea he did not take many threes last season i agree.
      Can't forget range is different between those 2 situations.

I think now his range is not bad out to about 18-20 ft. Maybe in another couple of years his 3 will have developed, but even if it doesn't, if he can consistently knock down shots from that 18-20 range, that's good enough for a PF.

Comment

• Maybe Salmons is going to Houston and Toronto gets NO's 2015 pick

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          I don't believe this report.. doesn't seem possible to me without a 3rd team. NO doesn't have the cap space for Asik. They don't have a TPE or large non-guaranteed contracts.
          What if they don't pick up Rivers option, and renounce whatever other guys they have to? Won't that put them around $53M? (Also assuming Anthony Morrow opts out of his next year, which would only pay him $1.1M)

Comment

Maybe Salmons is going to Houston and Toronto gets NO's 2015 pick
            That would be a DEAL!

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              What if they don't pick up Rivers option, and renounce whatever other guys they have to? Won't that put them around $53M? (Also assuming Anthony Morrow opts out of his next year, which would only pay him $1.1M)
              Rivers has a guaranteed contract next season (it's the year after that he can be renounced). Shamsports is showing $57M without options being picked up. That doesn't include cap holds.

Comment

Rivers has a guaranteed contract next season (it's the year after that he can be renounced). Shamsports is showing $57M without options being picked up. That doesn't include cap holds.
                If it's guaranteed, that means at some point they picked up the option. 1st round rookies only have first 2 years guaranteed, not sure when a team has to pick up 3rd year option, as in if it has to be a year ahead or some such.

**Ok yeah, they picked it up in October.

**Damn that organization is a joke. Maybe instead of focusing on Durant and Wiggins and whoever else, we should be thinking of nabbing Davis whenever he demands a trade.
                Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Jun 25, 2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• My math could be wrong but I added their contracts to be $54.08 without Morrow's player option. With his option it would be $55.23. If cap goes up to $63.. then they could do it but Morrow would have to decline his option.

Again I could be doing my math wrong - which is possible.

Comment

• How the hell does Morey keep getting teams to give him picks for these retarded contracts
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

My math could be wrong but I added their contracts to be $54.08 without Morrow's player option. With his option it would be $55.23. If cap goes up to $63.. then they could do it but Morrow would have to decline his option.

Again I could be doing my math wrong - which is possible.
                      Your math matches basketballinsiders guaranteed total.

Comment

• Pretty interesting podcast BS and Chad Ford assessing the lottery picks.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantla...er?id=11126598

Comment

• There was also an ESPN draft preview on TV tonight for an hour (on TSN or TSN2)....

I watched it and all it evoked from me was a strong desire to punch Chris Broussard in the face 117 times.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            There was also an ESPN draft preview on TV tonight for an hour (on TSN or TSN2)....

I watched it and all it evoked from me was a strong desire to punch Chris Broussard in the face 117 times.
                            I'm sorry.
                            Watching Chris Broussard for an hour could cause severe side effects. I hope you come out from the experience okay.

Comment

• Even 24hrs before the draft I still have no idea who's gonna go where!

This is gonna be an unpredictable draft
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Maybe Salmons is going to Houston and Toronto gets NO's 2015 pick
                                Wow I would love thattt

Comment

Working...
                                X